HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Will the Rangers miss the playoffs again? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=900768)

MrHockey1982 04-08-2011 10:42 AM

OT: Will the Rangers miss the playoffs again?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361299

Since I am a Flyers fan and I live in the New York area, I would be laughing at all of my friends up here who are Rangers fans and may possibly miss the playoffs on the last game of the season again! They play the Devils on Saturday and the Devils will be trying as hard as possible to win.

Juicy Couturier* 04-08-2011 10:53 AM

I think they'll get in and get swept but just imagine if they had Carter and Richards. Lottery pick for sure.

agrudez* 04-08-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 32203119)
I think they'll get in and get swept but just imagine if they had Carter and Richards. Lottery pick for sure.

The Rangers probably made the best pick of any team in '03 since they didn't get any heartless scrubs like Richards.

Moving his lead-weight contract would be addition by subtraction.

Juicy Couturier* 04-08-2011 11:00 AM

We should have move Richards+ for Redden.

FreshPerspective 04-08-2011 11:01 AM

One can only hope they choke....I would also like to see Tort's stupid mug after they are eliminated. I hope the Devils do them in...

agrudez* 04-08-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 32203229)
We should have move Richards+ for Redden.

To NYR:
Richards
JVR
Bob

To Philly:
Avery
Biron

We get rid of the locker room cancer that Richards is and we also unload a guy who is never going to reach his potential and could end up killing us with his next contact in JVR. While I don't really want to move Bob it is an absolute fact that he has no spot on this team now that Leighton's back is better.

In return we get a great locker room guy in Avery who can play a really clean, hard checking game next year on our 3rd line with Rinaldo/Shelley and Carcillo. Also, we can bring back Biron so Homer can try to coordinate another ruination of his career with his agent.

MAKE IT HAPPEN HOMER!

CTU2fan 04-08-2011 11:06 AM

As much as the Rags missing would amuse me, as an ex-Whaler fan I hate hate HATE the Canes so I'll be holding my nose and hoping NYR gets in.

agrudez* 04-08-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTU2fan (Post 32203343)
As much as the Rags missing would amuse me, as an ex-Whaler fan I hate hate HATE the Canes so I'll be holding my nose and hoping NYR gets in.

How are the Red Sox doing this year, I haven't kept abreast with the first week of baseball.

2Claude2Giroux 04-08-2011 11:18 AM

Hardest I'll ever cheer for the Devils I think.

ShotScore* 04-08-2011 11:26 AM

I sure hope they miss the playoffs. Losing Callahan and getting shutout last night only helped.:handclap:

Miss Mess 04-08-2011 11:52 AM

It would be funny if they came in 9th again

JagerPuck 04-08-2011 11:53 AM

It tickles me pink to say yes, they are going to miss the playoffs.

Cartsiephan* 04-08-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agrudez (Post 32203437)
How are the Red Sox doing this year, I haven't kept abreast with the first week of baseball.

Jumping ship as we type, a sweep by NYY's this weekend would make my day.

Today was wear a favorite team teeshirt day at my sons daycare, put the red Phillies shirt on him much like I put him in the Flyers jersey during the friday game 7 of the Bruins/Flyers series. Nothing I love more than seeing Boston fans get humiliated.

MrHockey1982 04-08-2011 12:17 PM

Imagine this scenario playing out. Too bad that the Rangers game is on at 12:30 and the Canes game is on at 7 on Saturday because it would make this more dramatic:

Carolina beats the Thrashers tonight to tie the Rangers with 91 points.

Rangers lose to the Devils tomorrow IN A SHOOTOUT to bring their points total up to 92 points.

Canes make it to OT against the Lightning on Saturday to tie the Rangers with 92 points. Regardless if they win or lose, they own the tiebreaker over the Rangers and are propelled into the 8th spot while the Rangers end up in 9th because they lost in a shootout the second year in a row!!! HAHAHAHA!! :handclap: :handclap:

GoneFullHolmgren 04-08-2011 12:40 PM

Ranger fans will probably blame the shootout tiebreaker if they miss the playoffs.
They have 34 wins before the shootout and could make the playoffs.
Gary Bettman is probably smiling at the thought that a team makes the playoffs because 21% of their wins came via shootout. it would be irony at its finest if they missed.

FreshPerspective 04-08-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 32204927)
Imagine this scenario playing out. Too bad that the Rangers game is on at 12:30 and the Canes game is on at 7 on Saturday because it would make this more dramatic:

Rangers lose to the Devils tomorrow IN A SHOOTOUT to bring their points total up to 92 points.

Canes make it to OT against the Lightning on Saturday to tie the Rangers with 92 points. Regardless if they win or lose, they own the tiebreaker over the Rangers and are propelled into the 8th spot while the Rangers end up in 9th because they lost in a shootout the second year in a row!!! HAHAHAHA!! :handclap: :handclap:

Nice..I'm going to cut and paste this and send it to my NYR fan cousin.....:laugh:

CTU2fan 04-08-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agrudez (Post 32203437)

Based on their record, neither have they :sarcasm:

agrudez* 04-08-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTU2fan (Post 32206295)
Based on their record, neither have they :sarcasm:

Maybe if they washed the blood out of their socks they would be a bit quicker in the field and on the base paths.

mirimon 04-09-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 32204927)

I don't really know who will win, Rangers or Devils, but I'm fairly certain that game is decided by a shootout. Can't imagine fate missing out on that. Either the Rangers will be out due to a shootout yet again, or they will prevail this time around.

We will shut out the Isles as well.

Gert B Frobe 04-09-2011 10:02 AM

The rags are done. There's no chance the Canes lose to Tampa tonight and that will be it for the Rangers.

I cannot wait to see the pout on Tortorella's face when they're eliminated. God I hate that guy and his whiny face.

CptCannon 04-09-2011 10:22 AM

I just hope 'Canes would make it to the playoffs and make it to the 2nd round. Just to drop WSH so Pitkänen, Ruutu and Jokinen wouldn't be able to join Team Finland at the World Champs. Oh god how much do I hate people who don't give a dead rat's ass about hockey except when it's the annual WC tournament and then they claim the best hockey on earth is played there.

Damn hillbillies...

mirimon 04-09-2011 11:44 AM

The Rags got a ****** start. Kovalchuk might not be worth that contract, but he has a nice shot.

Quick equaliser though. Drury with some signs of life and a 1st goal of the season for him.

duffy9748 04-09-2011 12:00 PM

Drury earning 7.5 mil per goal.

GKJ 04-09-2011 01:09 PM

Rangers came out with a big 2nd, getting goals from Wolski, McDonagh, and Prust.

mirimon 04-09-2011 01:09 PM

NYR should have started more players with no goals yet this season. McDonagh got his first ever NHL goal and Rangers take a 4-2 lead into the third period (the dreaded two-goal-lead...)