HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Final Game of the regular season, Montreal @ Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=900773)

Habs 4 Life 04-08-2011 10:55 AM

Final Game of the regular season, Montreal @ Toronto

Let's get this going :D

Looks like Joe Colborne will make his NHL debut, he was called up by the Maple Leafs

The Kremelin Wall* 04-08-2011 11:02 AM

Hope we win this decisively now that Toronto can't make their draft pick any higher.

PyrettaBlaze* 04-08-2011 11:07 AM

If Buffalo loses tonight, we'll finish 6th no matter what, right?

usernam 04-08-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 32203376)

Unless they get a point.

Ross MacLochness 04-08-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

In regulation, yeah.

Habs 4 Life 04-08-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

yes, we got 2 more wins, that's unless they lose in OT which they can still pass us by a point being 2 back

Le Tricolore 04-08-2011 11:18 AM

Ducks fly together!

bjac 04-08-2011 11:28 AM

I hope the Habs pump them in embarrassing fashion. One final slap in the face before the Leafs go on the golf tour. Maybe if Price plays he'll get his another shutout.

King Woodballs 04-08-2011 11:29 AM

you mean last game of the regular season right :sarcasm:
I hope it isnt the last game of the season

The Kremelin Wall* 04-08-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 32203843)

OP is a Leafs fan. :sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life 04-08-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 32203877)
OP is a Leafs fan. :sarcasm:

How did you know? :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 32203843)

I changed it just for you KW ;)

Habs10Habs 04-08-2011 11:35 AM

Dear Hockey Gods:

The last time I went to an end of the season game between my beloved Habs and those dreaded Leafs, the "Unthinkable" happened.

Since then I have been a good boy. I pray to the "Rocket" every night before I go to sleep, and I make sure to behave to the best of my ability as our patron saint "Beliveau" would want me too.

Since I'll be going again this Saturday, can you please grant me this one request?

Please watch over our beloved Habs, allowing them to be healthy for the start of the playoffs.

Sincerely,

H10H

P.S. If you can provide our boys a big can of "Whoop Ass" to bestow upon the Leafs, I'd really appreciate it. :)

King Woodballs 04-08-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 32203911)
How did you know? :laugh:

I changed it just for you KW ;)

awww thanks but you didnt need to

bsl 04-08-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMo316 (Post 32203493)
Unless they get a point.

For a long while I was hoping for 6th, and very likely the Booins. Because no way I wanted Philly or Caps first round.

I also thought there was no way Sh-tsburgh would take out Philly, so I didn't even consider them in round 1.

Now I'm wavering. Philly looks kinda crap without Prolonger, and their goal tending is a question mark. But Prolonger might be back, the giant knob that he is.

Sh-tsburgh? Maybe no Crosby and Malkin, and a nervous Fluery. They'll want revenge though, big time. And Crosby might return.

So my list in order of preference is still:

Booins
Sh-tsburgh
Philly

Let's assume Crapington finishes no 1. No way we finish 8th, so there's that problem out of the way.

Problem is, with the flux in the top 4, if we finish no. 6, in theory we could play any of Philly, Pitts or Booins.

I we finish number 7, same thing I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

So what to do?

Answer: Habs must know which of the 3 would be the best draw. I don't . But they're the pros.

Therefore Habs should watch the Buff and Pitts games at the Hotel tomorrow night, and not drink too much of possible just in case, and see what happens with Buff, Philly and Pitts.

Then, knowing which team they want to play, if a loss is required, tank it agaist Laffs, while sitting Subby, Price and anyone else possible, or, if a win is required slap Carey and Subby in and torch the leafs.

I hope it's the tank option, because if there's a key injury against Laffs due to the fact that we had to try, and play our guns, I'll ritually disembowel myself at my desk on Monday. And you tube it.

Ceux de Montreal 04-08-2011 11:54 AM

Rest Price, please. Freak injuries always happens in Toronto. I'd rest Moen and Halpern too, if it means it's last game of the year for Pyatt and Weber (which I hope so, not because they're bad, but because it would mean no injury).

ATM
Darche - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Desharnais - Pyatt
White - Eller - Weber

And in the lineup, if Pacioretty can't play:

ATM
Darche - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Desharnais - Moen
White - Eller - Halpern

unfortunately, cant say I'm confident with that lineup... replace Darche with Pacioretty, and it's another story (thus bumping Eller out ot the lineup for a Darche - Halpern - White effective fourth line).

Crimson Skorpion 04-08-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 32203976)
P.S. If you can provide our boys a big can of "Whoop Ass" to bestow upon the Leafs, I'd really appreciate it. :)

http://blog.newsok.com/gossip/files/...n-birthday.jpg

How 'bout stompin' a mudhole in 'em, and walkin' it DRY!

I look forward to seeing how Colborne looks tonight. As far as the Habs go, I see a win by three or more goals. Go for it, boys!

THE HOFF 04-08-2011 12:00 PM

its just a rumour, but I heard the leafs' lineup will look like this.

Kessel - Grabovski - Kulemin

Tool - Goon - Goon

Goon - Goon - Orr

Tool - Goon - goon

goon - tool

goon - goon

tool - tool .

tool

usernam 04-08-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsl (Post 32204326)
For a long while I was hoping for 6th, and very likely the Booins. Because no way I wanted Philly or Caps first round.

I also thought there was no way Sh-tsburgh would take out Philly, so I didn't even consider them in round 1.

Now I'm wavering. Philly looks kinda crap without Prolonger, and their goal tending is a question mark. But Prolonger might be back, the giant knob that he is.

Sh-tsburgh? Maybe no Crosby and Malkin, and a nervous Fluery. They'll want revenge though, big time. And Crosby might return.

So my list in order of preference is still:

Booins
Sh-tsburgh
Philly

Let's assume Crapington finishes no 1. No way we finish 8th, so there's that problem out of the way.

Problem is, with the flux in the top 4, if we finish no. 6, in theory we could play any of Philly, Pitts or Booins.

I we finish number 7, same thing I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

So what to do?

Answer: Habs must know which of the 3 would be the best draw. I don't . But they're the pros.

Therefore Habs should watch the Buff and Pitts games at the Hotel tomorrow night, and not drink too much of possible just in case, and see what happens with Buff, Philly and Pitts.

Then, knowing which team they want to play, if a loss is required, tank it agaist Laffs, while sitting Subby, Price and anyone else possible, or, if a win is required slap Carey and Subby in and torch the leafs.

I hope it's the tank option, because if there's a key injury against Laffs due to the fact that we had to try, and play our guns, I'll ritually disembowel myself at my desk on Monday. And you tube it.

You are right about the matchups possibilities; we can't face the Caps, but can still get any of the 3 other teams. But I don't think Habs will tank or anything, they'll get as many points as possible. What if we finish 7th "on purpose" to play the best draw and get Buffalo in ECF (giving them home ice)? It's a longshot but it's technically possible, so teams want to put every chances their side. Also, it's bad karma to choose your opponent; never turns out the way you wanted it to.

bsl 04-08-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 32203267)
Hope we win this decisively now that Toronto can't make their draft pick any higher.

You mean lower. I could be wrong, but Booins have the Laffs first pick round 1. (Burke, my god, what a retard.) If the Laffs can outpoint St. Louis, they move one lower in the draft, thus screwing the Booins even more.

They therefore do have motivation.

dynastyREredux 04-08-2011 12:10 PM

Conor McKenna
Price goes tomorrow in TOR as #habs fans collectively hold their breath and hope he doesn't get Grabovski'd

http://twitter.com/#!/mckennaconor/s...01605666414592

knuck 04-08-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE HOFF (Post 32204535)

Tool - Goon - Goon

Goon - Goon - Orr

Tool - Goon - goon

goon - tool

goon - goon

tool - tool .

tool

I genuinely lol'ed

grats :D

bsl 04-08-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 32203976)
Dear Hockey Gods:

The last time I went to an end of the season game between my beloved Habs and those dreaded Leafs, the "Unthinkable" happened.

Since then I have been a good boy. I pray to the "Rocket" every night before I go to sleep, and I make sure to behave to the best of my ability as our patron saint "Beliveau" would want me too.

Since I'll be going again this Saturday, can you please grant me this one request?

Please watch over our beloved Habs, allowing them to be healthy for the start of the playoffs.

Sincerely,

H10H

My son, your prayers have removed all Jinxes from my beloved Habs, and you can rest easily tonight. Cheers,
God.

PS. The Family Guy shaky Monkey or whatever is funny but he really edges me when I'm a bit 'overstimulated' on a Friday night, or in pain on Saturday morning. Could you switch to Stewie for a while? Till the end of the playoffs? I think it would be good luck for our beloved Habs. Cheers again,
God

Jee 04-08-2011 12:22 PM

I hope noone gets injured.

leafspyinottawa 04-08-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE HOFF (Post 32204535)

Tool - Goon - Goon

Goon - Goon - Orr

Tool - Goon - goon

goon - tool

goon - goon

tool - tool .

tool

I'm a Leaf fan...but that ****'s funny
I LoL'd too

bsl 04-08-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMo316 (Post 32204623)
You are right about the matchups possibilities; we can't face the Caps, but can still get any of the 3 other teams. But I don't think Habs will tank or anything, they'll get as many points as possible. What if we finish 7th "on purpose" to play the best draw and get Buffalo in ECF (giving them home ice)? It's a longshot but it's technically possible, so teams want to put every chances their side. Also, it's bad karma to choose your opponent; never turns out the way you wanted it to.

Agreed, a player's answer.

I think too much like a fat old scheming office guy now, and not enough like the young player I was.

You are right: Every single game should be fought for , that's hockey.

But come on, if we can rest Subby and Price, it's good strategy.