HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=900787)

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:25 AM

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

I made a thread called April 9th a month ago and it got shelved.... but alas the dreaded MUST WIN TO GET IN vs the Devils in Game 82 looks to be upon us.

For some reason the Rangers seem to blow chunks against teams below them in the standings while arising to heroic wins vs the better teams in the NHL. Such a terrible habit....

Devils could pretty much redeem themselves in the eyes of most of their fanbase by knocking the Rangers out of the Playoffs in the last game of the season.

As a hockey fan I love this.... as a Ranger fan I am wary.

Thank God they called Zucco up for the shootout

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:26 AM

Carolina having their own huge game tonight does play into this, but you just KNOW they will blow out the Thrashers 10-1 after last night.

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:28 AM

Shame this has to be an afternoon game

Fitzy 04-08-2011 11:28 AM

We need to win to realistically give ourselves even a 50-50 shot.

An overtime loss can help a bit, but not much.

Brendan Shanahan 04-08-2011 11:32 AM

Zucc will win the game for us somehow and it will not be in the shootout.

TrueBlue9 04-08-2011 11:35 AM

i guess a regulation win doesnt even matter at this point? are the tie breakers out of our favor regardless? Either way, 2 points or golf course

NYRFAN218 04-08-2011 11:35 AM

I'm really hoping Atlanta holds Carolina to a point, I'd be ecstatic if they do. That way it leaves it all up to the Rangers, I don't even wanna look towards tomorrow night as a way the Rangers get in the playoffs. I just want their destiny to be held by them one last time.

chip chipperson* 04-08-2011 11:36 AM

the devils are going to play so hard.

if we were to lose i can see brodeur saying something like yea we didnt make the playoffs but knocking the rangers out is almost as good. i ****ing hate him and would expect that from him.

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov (Post 32203906)
Zucc will win the game for us somehow and it will not be in the shootout.

mmmm... I'd say the odds are "if" he wins it for us it will most def be in the shootout

NYRFAN218 04-08-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 (Post 32203979)
i guess a regulation win doesnt even matter at this point? are the tie breakers out of our favor regardless? Either way, 2 points or golf course

If NYR win in regulation or OT tomorrow and Carolina wins both of their games in a shootout, NYR win tiebreaker. Otherwise Carolina wins every tiebreaker.

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devito1192 (Post 32203995)
the devils are going to play so hard.

if we were to lose i can see brodeur saying something like yea we didnt make the playoffs but knocking the rangers out is almost as good. i ****ing hate him and would expect that from him.

I think we can expect them to give it EVERYTHING they got. It is for sure their last game of the season. Likely Lemaires last game forever...

Pizza 04-08-2011 11:37 AM

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

Does it?

If the Canes win tonight and tomorrow, they're in, we're out, right?

Our destiny is now out of our control to a large extent.

chip chipperson* 04-08-2011 11:37 AM

i think this whole situation proves the nhl needs to change the points system we are 2-2 against carolina but they have the tiebreaker because they are 2-0-2 against us. they will win the head to head because they lost. this needs to change imo.

Zuccarello Awesome* 04-08-2011 11:38 AM

Ok so... I just got off the phone with Time Warner Cable (I just moved from NY to Chapel Hill, NC) and they told me that I can't order NHL Centre Ice anymore. I can only order the "Stanley Cup package" which only starts once the playoffs start. This seems absolutely absurd to me. Why would they not want to make a ton of money off of me watching ONE regular season game?? I was willing to pay 80 dollars to watch the game tomorrow (I justified it by saying I'd spend that much or more on a ticket to GO to the game) but they told me that is no longer possible. I'm thinking about calling back and speaking to someone else because that just seems inaccurate to me.

But, can someone please suggest another option for me to watch the game tomorrow? Is there something through nhl.com that would allow me to purchase tomorrow's game to watch on my computer? Or are there normally high-quality streams of the game anywhere? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

TrueBlue9 04-08-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 32204018)
If NYR win in regulation or OT tomorrow and Carolina wins both of their games in a shootout, NYR win tiebreaker. Otherwise Carolina wins every tiebreaker.

From nhl.com:

Quote:

New York needs to win Saturday against rival New Jersey, and the Rangers need Carolina to drop at least one point or for the Sabres to lose twice in regulation. The Rangers could also slide into the final spot if the Hurricanes win twice in the shootout and they beat the Devils in regulation or overtime.

Buffalo is going to own the tiebreaker against the Rangers, and Carolina will own the second tiebreaker against New York if both teams end up with the same number of non-shootout wins.

Fitzy 04-08-2011 11:41 AM

The double shootout scenario is highly unlikely. Almost negligible at this point.

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devito1192 (Post 32204053)
i think this whole situation proves the nhl needs to change the points system we are 2-2 against carolina but they have the tiebreaker because they are 2-0-2 against us. they will win the head to head because they lost. this needs to change imo.

The NHL did a great job as far as the league goes. The fact the race is so tight, fares well for the health of the league.

The fact the Rangers dropped some ****** mid season games to teams like Atlanta, Devils and the Islanders is what will sting if they don't get in

NYRFAN218 04-08-2011 11:44 AM

Other big news. Along with Parise being out, Volchenkov, White, and Zubrus are also confirmed out by Lemaire.

I Am Chariot 04-08-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 32204193)
Other big news. Along with Parise being out, Volchenkov, White, and Zubrus are also confirmed out by Lemaire.

obviously a smokescreen

Abooch68 04-08-2011 11:46 AM

First of all it doesn't come down to this... it comes down to Carolina or Buffalo losing...

haohmaru 04-08-2011 11:46 AM

I hope Carolina goes to OT tonight and loses or just plain loses. One thing at a time.

WhipNash27 04-08-2011 11:48 AM

The only hope is that the Rangers usually get up to play the Devils (but not the Isles for some weird reason). If Carolina drops at least one point, the Garden is going to be absolutely insane tomorrow.

pld459666 04-08-2011 11:48 AM

We should have a GDT for both Carolina games.

my previous statement was incorrect.

We have a 2 point edge, the Canes have to win both games

chip chipperson* 04-08-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chariot (Post 32204165)
The NHL did a great job as far as the league goes. The fact the race is so tight, fares well for the health of the league.

The fact the Rangers dropped some ****** mid season games to teams like Atlanta, Devils and the Islanders is what will sting if they don't get in

your right, ultimatly its on the rangers if they dont get in.

however, they could go out and win tomorrow and be tied with carolina. and carolina will get in because they lost a game in ot and the shootout. this is a potential scenario and if you ask me is ******. a team can go 0-0-82 and might still be in the race. the system has to change.

satrabyk 04-08-2011 11:49 AM

Hey what do you know Zucc is back up lol, really why did we send him down in the first place and have kept W2 in the line-up that what i want to know.