HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Cody Hodgson and F Victor Oreskovich [official] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=901506)

Placebo Effect 04-09-2011 10:41 PM

Canucks recall F Cody Hodgson and F Victor Oreskovich [official]
 
WiebeSunSports
Cody Hodgson seen shaking hands with teammates and his bags and sticks were packed for Vancouver
Hodgson won't officially be recalled until after the nhl reg season but it's clear he's joining the Canucks for playoffs

Update:
Quote:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that centre Cody Hodgson and right wing Victor Oreskovich have been recalled from the Manitoba Moose of the AHL.

Hodgson, 21, has played in 52 games with the Manitoba Moose this season, registering 17 goals and 13 assists. In eight games with Vancouver, he notched two points (1-1-2) and was plus-one. The 6’0” Toronto, ON, native was originally selected by Vancouver 10th overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Oreskovich, 24, has collected 12 points (4-8-12) in 40 games with Manitoba this season. In 16 games with Vancouver, he collected three assists and eight penalty minutes. The Whitby, ON, native has played 66 NHL games, registering nine points (2-7-9) and 34 penalty minutes.
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559203

VanEric 04-09-2011 10:42 PM

**** you Moose. LOL.

Saren 04-09-2011 10:44 PM

Mr. Conn Smythe.

Tiranis 04-09-2011 10:44 PM

Interesting. You have to wonder who he will replace... Glass? Tambellini? I doubt they would call him up just to have him sit around and do nothing.

canuck4life16 04-09-2011 10:44 PM

nice....I guess we really need a center....?

Lucbourdon 04-09-2011 10:45 PM

about ****ing time

Lard_Lad 04-09-2011 10:45 PM

Maybe Oreo really can't play. Tambellini to the bench, Hodgson centering the fourth line?

SonicY 04-09-2011 10:46 PM

Good. If nothing, it will do wonders for his mental development to be around the dressing room in playoff time. I don't think he'll be in the Game 1 line-up... but if Tambo looks bad, CoHo is likely in.

Tiranis 04-09-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicY (Post 32248140)
Good. If nothing, it will do wonders for his mental development to be around the dressing room in playoff time. I don't think he'll be in the Game 1 line-up... but if Tambo looks bad, CoHo is likely in.

They wouldn't do that to the Moose. I think he's coming up to play.

John Swartzwelder 04-09-2011 10:47 PM

I do NOT AGREE.

VanEric 04-09-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 32248087)
Interesting. You have to wonder who he will replace... Glass? Tambellini? I doubt they would call him up just to have him sit around and do nothing.

If he's just practicing there's little chance he gets hurt. The same goes with Tanev likely coming back up. If they're playing playoff hockey in the AHL, they could get hurt and **** up our depth even more.

CRDragon 04-09-2011 10:49 PM

How credible is WiebeSunSports?
Never heard of him...

thefeebster 04-09-2011 10:50 PM

Moose Beat writer. Legit.


He has been giving us updates for a while now.

King of Anarchy 04-09-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRDragon (Post 32248216)
How credible is WiebeSunSports?
Never heard of him...

Quote:

Sports writer at www.winnipegsun.com, co-host of Sunday Nite Sports Show on www.92cififm.ca and frequent contributor to SHAW-TV Winnipeg.
Dan Murphy was the first to re-tweet him, so he must be pretty credible.

Placebo Effect 04-09-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRDragon (Post 32248216)
How credible is WiebeSunSports?
Never heard of him...

Winnipeg Sun reporter who covers the Moose.

David71 04-09-2011 10:51 PM

maybe replacing tambellini?

tesplen 04-09-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRDragon (Post 32248216)
How credible is WiebeSunSports?
Never heard of him...

....

Quote:

Sports writer at www.winnipegsun.com, co-host of Sunday Nite Sports Show on www.92cififm.ca and frequent contributor to SHAW-TV Winnipeg.



edit: beaten badly

just22 04-09-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lard_Lad (Post 32248131)
Maybe Oreo really can't play. Tambellini to the bench, Hodgson centering the fourth line?

tambellini? rome first methinks, until torres comes back

thefeebster 04-09-2011 11:00 PM

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Hodgson - Raymond - Hansen
Glass - Lapierre - Oreskovich

Ex: Tambellini
Susp: Torres

I think they are getting them up early to get some practices in because they will be the two extra forwards that will have to go if an injury up front occurs. I'm okay with that. Wish we could have fit Hodgson in a bit sooner to get him up to speed though.

Jyrki21 04-09-2011 11:21 PM

Did Scott Oake just say that both Hodgson and Oreskovich were injured?

thefeebster 04-09-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyrki21 (Post 32249354)
Did Scott Oake just say that both Hodgson and Oreskovich were injured?

A lot of teams lie about injuries around this time. Oreo was supposed to have the "flu" and Hodgson was supposed to have an "upper body injury". They will be fine.

Xav 04-09-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefeebster (Post 32248582)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Hodgson - Raymond - Hansen
Glass - Lapierre - Oreskovich

Ex: Tambellini
Susp: Torres

I think they are getting them up early to get some practices in because they will be the two extra forwards that will have to go if an injury up front occurs. I'm okay with that. Wish we could have fit Hodgson in a bit sooner to get him up to speed though.

Hodgson would be playing center imo...

thefeebster 04-09-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet (Post 32249562)
Hodgson would be playing center imo...

Mason has looked very good there. I'm not so sure AV is going to take him off. Hodgson has played wing recently and looked well there as well.

givemeda411 04-09-2011 11:35 PM

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Raymond - Hodgson - Hansen
Glass - Lapierre - Oreskovich

Torres to replace Oreskovich or Glass in Game 3?

But our winning percentage is awsome with Tamby in the lineup

Momesso 04-10-2011 12:08 AM

With the way Raymond's worked out thusfar, wouldn't it just be better for Hodgson to get significant playoff time with the Moose?

Better than benchwarming....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.