HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   News Article: Ducks 2011-12 Regular Season Opener in Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=902138)

Spiral 04-11-2011 02:43 AM

Ducks 2011-12 Regular Season Opener in Europe

Ducks vs Sabres at Helsinki, Finland, on Oct. 7 and vs. Rangers at Stockholm on Oct. 8.

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ckey-nhl-.html

Unholy 04-11-2011 02:44 AM

Welcome to the 2011-2012 season Teemu Selanne!

mightyquack 04-11-2011 03:19 AM

Well Teemu is back again then :D

Seanconn* 04-11-2011 03:25 AM

wow, they're pulling out all the stops, eh! :laugh:

I don't see how Teemu could pass something like this up :handclap:

10 more goals puts him ahead of Jagr in career goals :)

there's just too many reasons for him to come back... unless we win the cup :sarcasm:

Paul4587 04-11-2011 03:34 AM

I'm never a fan of teams starting off in Europe, it always seems to affect their play in the first few weeks. We were awful to start with in 07-08 after playing in the UK.

However, if it brings Teemu back I'm all for it.

Finnpin 04-11-2011 03:45 AM

:handclap: :yo:

Hoping this is true.

Helsinki definately and I would plan a trip to Stockholm too.

And Ducks vs. Jokerit, two of my favourite teams...OMG!!!! :laugh: :yo:

JabbaJabba 04-11-2011 04:17 AM

**** YEAH! I finally get to see some live NHL -hockey! WOOOHOO!

Jussi 04-11-2011 04:42 AM

This was actually revealed already on Saturday in the weekend issue of Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat, they asked Selšnne what he thinks of the Ducks playing two games in Finland. Surprisingly Teemu wasn't too thrilled. "To fly there and play a couple games and all the fuss, doesn't feel good to me. It just feels really hard right now, even if it is an interesting thought."

WeberStreit 04-11-2011 04:45 AM

Why do they always chose the same city's over and over again?

I think it's awesome to play in Finland and Sweden, as they have a lot players overseas, but I really would appreciate it, if they could bring a game to Switzerland. Just one! :(

Islanders vs. Ducks would be awesome (Streit & Niederreiter vs. Hiller & Sbisa)

Unholy 04-11-2011 04:45 AM

Teemu really likes to downplay things and only focus on 'right now'. If he decides to stay he will love it.

Finnpin 04-11-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeberStreit (Post 32283826)
Why do they always chose the same city's over and over again?

I think it's awesome to play in Finland and Sweden, as they have a lot players overseas, but I really would appreciate it, if they could bring a game to Switzerland. Just one! :(
Islanders vs. Ducks would be awesome (Streit & Niederreiter vs. Hiller & Sbisa)

I understand you but you need a Swiss organizer to make the deals to happen. For example Jokerit owner said bringing Ducks is very expensive due the flights etc. Jokerit pays the whole show. It's basically plus minus zero in business department and risks are huge.

QnebO 04-11-2011 06:40 AM

Businessman Harry Harkimo who organizes these NHL games in Helsinki said that if teemu does not play in Helsinki, he will take part in this in ceremony where they Retire the "#8 Selšnne" jersey of Jokerit in start of the game.

Harkimo believes he continues and says he doesnt know many player that are eight in NHL scoring and retire.

This is my change, i will get tickets to this game 100% sure! No one tries to get MY ticket, ok? :D

We may see ex. Duck playing too in the exhibition game, as Nokelainen probably continues in Jokerit. :) Could there be a change to see also Vatanen as a Duck?

Doothpick 04-11-2011 09:00 AM

This. Is. Amazing.

Finally! Definitely going to make it to Helsinki and I might even take the trip to Stockholm, depends on my budget. I know some of you may dislike the fact that the Ducks are going to open the season in Europe, since the teams that go there tend to strugle afterwards, but for a guy like me who's been a Ducks fan 10+years and never seen my favorite team live, this is going to be such a great experience.

I can't wait!

KelVarnsen 04-11-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 32283606)
I'm never a fan of teams starting off in Europe, it always seems to affect their play in the first few weeks. We were awful to start with in 07-08 after playing in the UK.

However, if it brings Teemu back I'm all for it.

Well since the Ducks suck at the start of EVERY season no matter where they play, it wont be any different!!!!!!!

Force951 04-11-2011 11:28 AM

I will be making the trip out there to see the games as well. Perfect timing for me since i was already planning a europe trip at that time.

JabbaJabba 04-11-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelVarnsen (Post 32287338)
Well since the Ducks suck at the start of EVERY season no matter where they play, it wont be any different!!!!!!!

Maybe the curse of playing in Europe and Ducks' habit of bad starts will undo both of them :sarcasm:.

Mooseduck 04-12-2011 03:56 AM

Happy for the Finns and Swedes -
Hope it doesn't bite us early in the season.

Finnpin 04-12-2011 06:34 AM

Premiere tickets are as much as last time:

http://jokerit.com/images/katsomokartta2011.jpg

Exhibition game against Jokerit is cheaper:

http://jokerit.com/images/katsomokartta2011_jokerit.jpg

mightyquack 04-12-2011 06:51 AM

That's an awesome logo

Kalvinators 04-12-2011 09:20 AM

Damn, the tickets are so expensive.

Would like to make a trip, but we`ll see.

duckaroosky 04-12-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseduck (Post 32305209)
Happy for the Finns and Swedes -
Hope it doesn't bite us early in the season.

We never show up early in the season anyway :laugh:

duckaroosky 04-12-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 32307192)
Damn, the tickets are so expensive.

Would like to make a trip, but we`ll see.

I saw the plane ticket prices and said no thanks

Kalvinators 04-12-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckaroosky (Post 32307617)
I saw the plane ticket prices and said no thanks

Well, California sure isn`t anywhere near from Finland. :sarcasm:

Finnpin 04-12-2011 10:08 AM

Kalvinators, Air Baltic is quite cheap...been twice at Riga with it.

Or take Estonia trip too and by boat from Tallinn.

Kalvinators 04-12-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 32307853)
Kalvinators, Air Baltic is quite cheap...been twice at Riga with it.

Or take Estonia trip too and by boat from Tallinn.

Yes, if i`m going, then it`ll definately be with cruise ship. The tickets there are cheaper, and it`ll be easier to, i think. I`ve been to Stockholm like this (from Riga, not Tallin, though). The trip is fun as hell, since there`s all night for travel. :sarcasm:

But, yeah. Not worried about getting to Helsinki as much as for the ticket price.
100 euros in Finland is definately not as value-vise as it is here, and this summer and autumn looks like there will be a lot of expenses for me, so i`m not so sure about this trip. :(

Damn, i won a trip and tickets to Baltic Basketball league final 4, which happened sunday in Lithuania. Unfortunately i had to refuse it for some reasons. That would be awesome if i could change it for NHL premiere ticks, but since it definately wouldnt happen in any possible way, then i have to think out something else. :D