HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   HFers coming to Philadelphia for Game 2 Saturday... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=902555)

eSabre 04-11-2011 10:44 PM

HFers coming to Philadelphia for Game 2 Saturday...

... but we're Sabres fans haha

I will be coming down with a couple buddies and fellow HFer JD Sabrefan will be doing the same. We were just talking about the weekend and figured it'd be a good idea to see if you guys on HF had plans for Saturday or had good suggestions for things to do that day, and/or suggestions as to how not to get our ***** kicked for wearing Sabres gear.

He's driving in from Buffalo in the afternoon, I'm flying in from Nashville Saturday morning. Are any of you guys going to be at the game? Care to meet up before hand?

:help:

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-11-2011 10:55 PM

I'm going to Saturday's game with my girlfriend, so if you are loudly booed by a chubby guy with a grumpy looking girlfriend, remember to say hello ;)

Murphy7 04-11-2011 11:18 PM

So, we'll be looking for Tennessee plates and New York plates. Would you both be kind enough to park in Lot A? Thanks.

Readyrock 04-12-2011 12:56 AM

EDIT: This makes me look bad. Removing.

Justified 04-12-2011 01:14 AM

Have fun there. I really wouldnt worry about wearing a Sabres jersey, just dont act like an idiot and you should be fine. Ill be down at the area but at the Phillies game.

flyersfan018 04-12-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre (Post 32302028)

I will be coming down with a couple buddies and fellow HFer JD Sabrefan will be doing the same. We were just talking about the weekend and figured it'd be a good idea to see if you guys on HF had plans for Saturday or had good suggestions for things to do that day, and/or suggestions as to how not to get our ***** kicked for wearing Sabres gear.

He's driving in from Buffalo in the afternoon, I'm flying in from Nashville Saturday morning. Are any of you guys going to be at the game? Care to meet up before hand?

Stans up and cheer as loud as you can whenever your team does anything good.

ShotScore* 04-12-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Well, you'll be ok if you go to Chickie's and Pete's and are not too loud or obnoxious.

I would, however, avoid neighborhood bars in South Philly if I were you. Especially if you're going to be wearing Sabres gear.

I was in a bar once when we were playing the Devils and a guy came in wearing a Devils jersey and hat. I watched as he left that night in an ambulance with broken ribs and a badly bruised face after being loud and trying to start nonsense.

Be careful where you go.

Juicy Couturier* 04-12-2011 11:22 AM

You'll be lucky to make it home alive and yes I'm being totally serious. If the Sabres win, there's no change you survive.

JD SabreFan 04-12-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 32309276)
You'll be lucky to make it home alive and yes I'm being totally serious. If the Sabres win, there's no change you survive.

Luckily, I'll have bodyguards :handclap:

And no, I don't plan on being obnoxious. I'm in the last row so by standing I won't be pissing anyone off behind me :laugh:

ShotScore* 04-12-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD SabreFan (Post 32309630)
Luckily, I'll have bodyguards :handclap:

And no, I don't plan on being obnoxious. I'm in the last row so by standing I won't be pissing anyone off behind me :laugh:

Even with bodyguards pal, if you go to a bar while the Flyers are on it will be 4 vs. 100 something.

4 vs. 100 something won't be a pretty sight.

Please be careful. Everywhere you go.

JD SabreFan 04-12-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy7 (Post 32302643)
So, we'll be looking for Tennessee plates and New York plates. Would you both be kind enough to park in Lot A? Thanks.

Lot A? I'm there. Perhaps you could join us for tea and crumpets, kind sir?

flountown 04-12-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotScore (Post 32309666)
Even with bodyguards pal, if you go to a bar while the Flyers are on it will be 4 vs. 100 something.

4 vs. 100 something won't be a pretty sight.

Please be careful. Everywhere you go.

You make it sound like we are rabid animals ready to pile on and attack. If some *******s get into a fight, regardless of Sabres vs. Flyers I am staying out of it. So I doubt it turns into 4 vs. 100.

And this isn't assuming anyone here is an *******, just a generalization.

ShotScore* 04-12-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flountown (Post 32310844)
You make it sound like we are rabid animals ready to pile on and attack. If some *******s get into a fight, regardless of Sabres vs. Flyers I am staying out of it. So I doubt it turns into 4 vs. 100.

And this isn't assuming anyone here is an *******, just a generalization.

No I'm not saying we're a bunch of animals ready to attack.

That being said, I've seen fans of other teams get absolutely wrecked thinking they are going to come down here and nothing is going to happen to them.

It all depends. That's why I told him to stick to Chickie's and Pete's and not go into the neighborhoods. I know what can happen to him and his buddies if they get caught in the wrong place.

ORYX 04-12-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

suggestions as to how not to get our ***** kicked for wearing Sabres gear.

The solution to that is to not wear it. there is no solution.

You'll be fine though, me and a few buddies who are Leaf fans went last january and aside from the fries and ketchup that hit MY jersey (A flyer fan) it was all good.

Also dont go to the bathrooms alone or you'll surely be harassed while doing your business.

healthyscratch 04-12-2011 01:02 PM

Don't act like a doosh, and you won't be treated like a doosh. Pretty basic stuff. It's one game, if you happen to win or even get a lead for that matter, just don't act like you won the Stanley Cup.

And expect full harassment while you're emptying your bladder. The ENTIRE restroom will get on you. I would go during game action to lessen the hazing with a smaller crowd.

eSabre 04-12-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyscratch (Post 32311443)
Don't act like a doosh, and you won't be treated like a doosh. Pretty basic stuff. It's one game, if you happen to win or even get a lead for that matter, just don't act like you won the Stanley Cup.

And expect full harassment while you're emptying your bladder. The ENTIRE restroom will get on you. I would go during game action to lessen the hazing with a smaller crowd.

Thank you.

I'm expecting harassment. I went to Game 4 in Boston last year (Satan scored in 2OT) and I can't imagine anyone would be worse than Bruins fans were. I kept my mouth shut and I didn't have any problems physically. I assume it'd be the same in Philly.

healthyscratch 04-12-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre (Post 32312087)
Thank you.

I'm expecting harassment. I went to Game 4 in Boston last year (Satan scored in 2OT) and I can't imagine anyone would be worse than Bruins fans were. I kept my mouth shut and I didn't have any problems physically. I assume it'd be the same in Philly.

No prob. We're not a bunch of caged animals, but we will speak louder than a visiting fan when necessary. :)

Enjoy the game and the sights, lots of hotness strolling around that stadium. :thumbu:

Go here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=408887 if you're looking for things to do in the city.

BillyShoe1721 04-12-2011 03:23 PM

You'll be heckled, but if you don't say anything back, it shouldn't go beyond that. You start yelling, expect things to be thrown at you.

JVR21 04-12-2011 03:36 PM

hof2120 04-12-2011 05:53 PM

I'm one of the more docile Flyers fans, I just like to go and watch my favorite team play in person. I cheer like hell when we score and talk **** to opposing teams' fans if they're complete *******s, but for the most part I'm just there to watch the game. I feel like most of us are like that. If you conduct yourself in a respectful manner, the **** talking will be minimal. But don't not wear your Sabres gear just because you're afraid to. Represent your favorite team, I respect that a hell of a lot more than somebody who doesn't wanna take **** for representing their team.

Hell, I took **** for wearing a Gagne Tampa Bay shirt with a Flyers hat, lanyard, and orange and black Nikes on. (Did I mention some Flyers fans are not very smart?) Gagne is my favorite player and I wanted to show support. I'm not a Lightning fan but I accepted the **** talking because I wore another teams' colors into the Wells Fargo Center.

might2mash 04-12-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hof2120 (Post 32317739)
Hell, I took **** for wearing a Gagne Tampa Bay shirt with a Flyers hat, lanyard, and orange and black Nikes on. (Did I mention some Flyers fans are not very smart?) Gagne is my favorite player and I wanted to show support. I'm not a Lightning fan but I accepted the **** talking because I wore another teams' colors into the Wells Fargo Center.

Well, you're still wearing a Lightning shirt, of course you're gonna take ****. Why not just wear a Gagne Flyers shirt like everyone else? ;)

hof2120 04-12-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by might2mash (Post 32317915)
Well, you're still wearing a Lightning shirt, of course you're gonna take ****. Why not just wear a Gagne Flyers shirt like everyone else? ;)

It seemed like a good idea at the time...I soon realized it was not. Going out to smoke a cigarette at intermission proved to be an incredible time...especially walking through the bar. :P

I can take it though, it was my dumb mistake for wearing it. It's funny though because I saw a **** ton of B Dawk Broncos jerseys when they played the Eagles in Philly but no one gave those guys ****.

Dabs21Nike 04-12-2011 09:12 PM

We have a group of guys coming 4 Sabres fans and 3 Flyers fans. We're from all over and we're meeting up there since we all went to college together and haven't all been together for a few years. Do us Sabres fans have anything to worry about? I know how it gets in Boston with Sabres fans taking **** just for being Sabres fans, but I've never seen anything out of control. We're not gonna be loud, obnoxious, drunks, but we will be cheering when we score and the 4 of us will have Sabres jerseys on. Any tips or advice on how to stay out of trouble, besides don't be a ****head?

hof2120 04-12-2011 09:20 PM

That's pretty much it. Don't be a ******, don't taunt the Flyers fans IF you score :P

Justified 04-12-2011 09:21 PM

Ive been to Eagles games with Cowboys fans. They didnt actually turn out to bad.