HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Stars Fire Crawford (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=902848)

DeeMeck 04-12-2011 04:06 PM

Stars Fire Crawford

Marc Crawford has been fired.

KopitarFAN 04-12-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 32314365)
Marc Crawford has been fired.

He'll get another job. Maybe the Panthers or something.

DeeMeck 04-12-2011 04:43 PM

I was a little surprised. The Stars were riddled with injuries, and weren't projected to make the playoffs anyways when healthy.

Not to mention he was competing in the toughest division in the league.

mbar 04-12-2011 04:47 PM

Purely theoretical (I'm not advocating this) but would Crawford be a better Kings coach with the current squad then he was when we were in deep rebuild mode?

Serious question.

DeeMeck 04-12-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbar (Post 32315427)
Purely theoretical (I'm not advocating this) but would Crawford be a better Kings coach with the current squad then he was when we were in deep rebuild mode?

Serious question.

Absolutely.

Ziggy Stardust 04-12-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KopitarFAN (Post 32314964)
He'll get another job. Maybe the Panthers or something.

If that happens we can expect another year of no playoffs for Florida and another team Marc Crawford will be fired from for failing to get them to the playoffs.

Ollie Weeks 04-12-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Serious question.

Yes. We've needed the last two coaches that have been hired, just in the opposite order.

Nex06 04-12-2011 05:53 PM

So you say Crawford would be better for Kings at the moment?

I guess neighbor's grass is always greener.

kingscup 04-12-2011 05:53 PM

What about Crawford replacing Kompon?

johnjm22 04-12-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 32315597)
If that happens we can expect another year of no playoffs for Florida and another team Marc Crawford will be fired from for failing to get them to the playoffs.

God himself couldn't get that team to the playoffs. I thought DeBoar actually did a pretty decent job with what he had.

Ziggy Stardust 04-12-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nex06 (Post 32316723)
So you say Crawford would be better for Kings at the moment?

I guess neighbor's grass is always greener.

People have lost their minds. Dallas was good enough to get to the playoffs. Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro, Brenden Morrow, Loui Eriksson, Jamie Benn, they had James Neal for most of the season and you could say Goligoski actually became a better player in Dallas (and Neal did zilch in Pittsburgh).

They also have a pretty solid blueline and a very agile goalie in Lehtonen. They were in a playoff position and held the division lead, only to see Crawford's team squander it away and fail to show up in the last game of the season.

To say Crawford achieved a lot from that team is silly. They had a significantly better top six on offense than LA, but as is the case with Crawford's teams, their GF-GA differential was terrible.

Puck U 04-12-2011 06:43 PM

Stars FIRE Crawford after only 2 seasons ... BwhaHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/D...seasons-041211

Nex06 04-12-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 32316918)
People have lost their minds. Dallas was good enough to get to the playoffs. Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro, Brenden Morrow, Loui Eriksson, Jamie Benn, they had James Neal for most of the season and you could say Goligoski actually became a better player in Dallas (and Neal did zilch in Pittsburgh).

They also have a pretty solid blueline and a very agile goalie in Lehtonen. They were in a playoff position and held the division lead, only to see Crawford's team squander it away and fail to show up in the last game of the season.

To say Crawford achieved a lot from that team is silly. They had a significantly better top six on offense than LA, but as is the case with Crawford's teams, their GF-GA differential was terrible.

My opinion exactly. Apart from the obviously different styles of their teams, I tried to think of advantages that TM has over MC. Probably many fans will disagree with me, but I think that TM responds to problems better. MC can ride the hot team in a very good style but when it starts going down, he doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it. There was a a time of the season when most Kings fans believed that the team will not make the playoffs. But they turned it around and I will give the coach some credit for that too, not just the players. I see Murray as a good motivator, he works well with players, he rarely loses it but sometimes he does and the effect is stronger.

MC... we know what his style was... yelling all the time, cursing, motivating the players was not really on his mind,... all this when the team was doing bad. He is a great coach when team plays well. But good coaches are good because they are able to pull the team out of the crisis. Anyone can run a hot team.

itstheo54 04-12-2011 06:46 PM

Wow.

etherialone 04-12-2011 06:46 PM

shock and aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwe

Shellz 04-12-2011 06:47 PM

Not really surprised. Lets just hope they don't get better ;)

TonySCV 04-12-2011 06:49 PM

http://www.gifsoup.com/view8/2315186/golf-swing-o.gif

Tadite 04-12-2011 06:55 PM

I never like to see someone out of work but god damn he was just a horrific coach. HORRIFIC!!!

Alternate Jersey 04-12-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 32317663)

this gif is amazing and hilarious, but that girl is wearing a habs shirt at a wild-stars game, and is mocking the stars? not sure i understand her. :huh:

Johnny Utah 04-12-2011 07:13 PM

I feel bad for the guy. He wasn't a very good defensive minded coach but he was good with young players who had not reached there potential (O'Sullivan, Brown, Bean) and washed up vets.....

King'sPawn 04-12-2011 07:14 PM

Doughty and Johnson would have loved Crawford hockey.

Quick and Bernier would be cutting themselves.

TwzKing 04-12-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

OMG that is the funniest gif i have ever seen. I want to marry that girl:handclap:

DryIslandBartender 04-12-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

:laugh: Priceless.

Pucknut50 04-12-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 32316918)

The Brad Richards Concussion and other injuries had alot to do with them not making the playoffs. They played well right after the Richards injury but like the kings and other teams when they lose their best player they rally for a few games but then slide off.

JT Dutch* 04-12-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 32315328)
I was a little surprised. The Stars were riddled with injuries, and weren't projected to make the playoffs anyways when healthy.

Not to mention he was competing in the toughest division in the league.

... Thought he did the best he could with what he had. The Stars aren't a playoff team; their goalie is suspect and their defense certainly wasn't impressive. They were doing it with mirrors in the early part of the season, and any time a team overachieves like that, the coach can and should step in for some credit.

Quote:

... The Kings, in the two seasons Crawford coached them, were designed to do one thing: lose; tank for high drafts. Given that, I don't see where he can be objectively criticized for anything. I thought it was bush-league to fire Crawford when they did and make him the fall guy for a terrible team and not allow him to stay on and coach a team that had a possibility of winning, but that's Lombardi's way.