HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Re-sign Fedotenko?? yes or no (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=902986)

Punxrocknyc19* 04-12-2011 10:58 PM

Re-sign Fedotenko?? yes or no

even if it is a raise from 1.0 to 2.0 i really think the Rangers should bring him back. a 2 year deal wont be so bad. he is only 31 and he still has some value around the league. torts loves him and puts him in key situations this year.

if sather lets Fedotenko walk i think it will hurt more than people think, a player's character is important to a teams success.

DMPD 04-12-2011 11:00 PM

Yup. Give him at least another year. The young guys in camp would really have to play phenomenal to warrant giving them a spot over him, and even then he'd be a good guy to keep around as a scratch if they all did play lights-out.

Mint Berry Crunch 04-12-2011 11:01 PM

While $2m may be a little much, I'd absolutely re-sign him to the same or similar deal he's got going on now. I was a bit skeptical at the time of the signing but have grown to love his play, it was absolutely integral to this squad this year and criminally understated and underrated. I'd love to see him back next year.

TrollololBoyle 04-12-2011 11:02 PM

It all depends on the Richards situation. If they can keep one of Prospal or Fedotenko for another year or so, then I hope they do so. If they can't fit those two in the cap after signing Richards, then so be it.

Punxrocknyc19* 04-12-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 32326121)
It all depends on the Richards situation. If they can keep one of Prospal or Fedotenko for another year or so, then I hope they do so. If they can't fit those two in the cap after signing Richards, then so be it.

Fedotenko was a teammate of Richards, same for Prospal. I bet Sather tries to keep Prospal and Feds if he gets Richards..

McNashty 04-12-2011 11:19 PM

at the right price.

NYR Viper 04-12-2011 11:24 PM

We all witnessed the injuries this season. Why not bring him back at a million or so and at least let him battle for a spot.

I Am Chariot 04-12-2011 11:32 PM

Love him this year. Great signing....

For the right money re-sign, but have to see about what becomes available at the draft and July 1st as well

hpNYR 04-12-2011 11:33 PM

Probably, but lets wait and see what he does in the playoffs first.

Hockey Team 04-12-2011 11:48 PM

I don't think he's going to get that big of a raise.

2 years @ 1.25 mil each I could see

17futurecap 04-12-2011 11:51 PM

Hope he is back, from a training camp invitee to playing 66 games this year, not too bad. He also seems to be a "Torts" guy.

Hockey Team 04-12-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17futurecap (Post 32327044)
Hope he is back, from a training camp invitee to playing 66 games this year, not too bad. He also seems to be a "Torts" guy.

and keep in mind he wasn't a healthy scratch.

He missed those games because he got hurt.

17futurecap 04-12-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2d (Post 32327087)
and keep in mind he wasn't a healthy scratch.

He missed those games because he got hurt.

Yup, would have been in there for all 82 if not for the injury.

Inferno 04-13-2011 12:55 AM

Pass. We're in the process of rebuilding...if we were going to go on a cup run I would say yes in a heartbeat, but we need to continue to incorporate more youth on this club. Grachev, Hagelin, Kreider (if he signs) they need to have a spot to win imho.

n1cON 04-13-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpNYR (Post 32326776)
Probably, but lets wait and see what he does in the playoffs first.

I would like to see him here next season. But he has to earn it in the PO`s.

Sticky Fingers 04-13-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 32327862)
Pass. We're in the process of rebuilding...if we were going to go on a cup run I would say yes in a heartbeat, but we need to continue to incorporate more youth on this club. Grachev, Hagelin, Kreider (if he signs) they need to have a spot to win imho.

Injuries will satiesfy the need for space. I think most young guys do better without the pressure of being "locked for a spot" at the start of the season, lex MDZ. When they are sent up and play better than the player scratched, they shall have their spot on the team.

Inferno 04-13-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellohf (Post 32328058)
Injuries will satiesfy the need for space. I think most young guys do better without the pressure of being "locked for a spot" at the start of the season, lex MDZ. When they are sent up and play better than the player scratched, they shall have their spot on the team.

a guy like Grachev may not come back again if we dont have a spot for him to win. not saying that you let yourself be held hostage by him.

anyways, id rather keep Prospal anyway, and i dont think we'll be able to keep both.

Puckface NYR* 04-13-2011 01:29 AM

The Rangers are a better team with him in the lineup. Ideal veteran, especially if Drury is bought out. If he's getting just a slight raise, bring him back. 2 Mil, imo, would be too much.

darko 04-13-2011 02:25 AM

1 year deal for similar $$$. Dont see him getting too much raise.

eco's bones 04-13-2011 03:35 AM

Depends on the cap situation. Whether they sign Richards and how much the RFA's--Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer, Boyle--cost. I like Fedotenko--Prospal as well--but the Rangers are going to have to have enough cap space to make them fit.

A lot comes down to what happens to Drury--if the Rangers don't buy him out and his cap hit comes back things get really complicated. The best thing he could do for us is retire. The whole cap hit is off the books. Chances of trading him are slim. Buying him out means taking part of his cap hit. The other factor is how much higher the cap will rise.

DMPD 04-13-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellohf (Post 32328058)

Yup make them earn it, youth movement or not. If Drury is gone, they will want a vet presence with Cup experience, be it Feds or Vinny, or both.

Miller Time NYR 04-13-2011 06:25 AM

I think itl come down to prospal or feds, don't think sather keeps both.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath 04-13-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 32328157)
a guy like Grachev may not come back again if we dont have a spot for him to win. not saying that you let yourself be held hostage by him.

anyways, id rather keep Prospal anyway, and i dont think we'll be able to keep both.

We have 12 spots for Grachev to win. If he doesn't earn a spot on the team, he doesn't deserve to be with the big club. I want him to succeed just like everyone else, but handing him a spot is the last thing we should be doing as a club. If both Feds and Prospal want to come back, and are willing to take a reasonable contract, you take that every day of the week. They provide veteran leadership, are hard workers, good lockerroom guys, and can still actually play.

If a 20 - 23 year old trying to break into the league can't outplay 2 30+ vets, they're not ready. This team is rebuilding for sure, but they're not just going to hand young guys a spot. Only bottomfeeding teams do that. If Grachev feels like he's entitled to a spot on the Rangers because he's been in Hartford for 2 years, he can go somewhere else for all I care. I'm not saying that's how he feels. But if it is, I don't want him around. The entitlement attitude days of this team are over (thankfully), be it vets on retirement contracts, or youngsters that feel they've earned a shot simply because we drafted them.

BlueshirtBlitz 04-13-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

I don't think we're in rebuilding mode anymore. IMO we're a Brad Richards away from NOT being considered easy pickings for the Caps or the rest of the EC. You win with tough, gritty veterans like Feds in your bottom 6. Keep in mind he's only 32, not Vinny P. levels of ancient ;).

beef 4 lunch 04-13-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Agreed. Time for Feds to move along, although i appreciate what he's done here, maybe not as much as other here.