HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Charlie Stephens future... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=90306)

Kafka 07-09-2004 07:28 PM

Charlie Stephens future...

I have always follow carefully the progression of that guy and I'm really surprised not to see him in the top 20.

I know he was sent to the ECL last where before being traded to Ottawa, but was he so bad if the mini-senators??? I tought he just lost confidence in Hershey...

Could someone tell me how he did at the end of last season?

MHJS 07-09-2004 10:45 PM

2003-04 Binghamton Senators AHL 37 15 17 32

From what I heard he was very good at some points, but was non-existent at others. All in all those are pretty good stats.

The Hamburglar 07-10-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHJS
2003-04 Binghamton Senators AHL 37 15 17 32

From what I heard he was very good at some points, but was non-existent at others. All in all those are pretty good stats.

Like he has been his whole career. At one point during his draft year, he was consider a top 5-10 pick, but fell considerably. Similar to Robbie Schremp in that aspect.

sensfan 07-10-2004 11:23 PM

Stephens doesnt really have much of a future with the Senators at least. He isn't even ranked in our top 20 prospects. Although he may have the potential to play in the NHL he seems like he often just doesn't show up to play.

Hossa 07-10-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSG
Like he has been his whole career. At one point during his draft year, he was consider a top 5-10 pick, but fell considerably. Similar to Robbie Schremp in that aspect.

Yep. Like Schremp, he was a former first overall pick in the OHL. After going 2nd round in the NHL draft, he then re-enters and goes late 6th round. It's just been one fall after another.

I could still see Stephens making it as a player. But at this point, he's far too inconsistent to play on a scoring line and he simply isn't a character type of forward.

rebedom 07-12-2004 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hossa
Yep. Like Schremp, he was a former first overall pick in the OHL. After going 2nd round in the NHL draft, he then re-enters and goes late 6th round. It's just been one fall after another.

I could still see Stephens making it as a player. But at this point, he's far too inconsistent to play on a scoring line and he simply isn't a character type of forward.

Hummm ... sound like Bonk.

Alfie#11 07-13-2004 08:00 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic about Stephens. He has the size and ability to make the NHL. He did have some success in a brief stint with the Avs. He was also dominant at times for Bingo - much better than with the Avs farm team.

Training camp will be a determining factor for Stephens. If he has a good camp, he could displace a guy like Langfeld.

My fingers are crossed for Stephens. Even if he only makes it as a 4th liner, he could be useful.

Dr.Sens(e) 07-13-2004 08:29 AM

I also tend to be higher on Stephens, and do see him as part of the Sens top 20 prospects, probably top 12 actually.

It would not surprise me to see him make the Sens next season, or at least get several call-ups ala Langfeld did last year. But the Sens can also be patient with him. He put up as many points per game as any player in Bingo did last year(including Langfeld) and IMO, has a higher upside than Josh - especially given he's four years younger than Langfeld (makes you realize how much time we give Langfeld to develop). Stephens is bigger, faster and has comparable skills. I could see him playing a significant role on the 3rd line down the road, perhaps even getting some looks in a role on a 2nd line. Worst case, I think he'll be a solid 4th liner in the NHL within the next few years unless of course, his off-ice lessons haven't really been learned.

7bucs 07-13-2004 10:02 AM

If I remember correctly, he was some sort of cancer in the dressing room or someone who just didn't care, ie. Daigle. I remember reading an article after he was traded. Can anybody confirm this? I am not 100% sure on this one, just came into my head when I read the initial post.

operasen 07-13-2004 10:11 AM

BSens until he becomes consistant. There is no space on the Sens for him at this point, barring a trade. Langfeld (at this time) brings more to the table.