HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Weber's Defense Partners (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=903285)

Todds Chiropractory 04-13-2011 05:16 PM

Weber's Defense Partners

Hey Preds fans, I was wondering if someone could help me out with a report im writing about Weber (gotta love joke universities). Who did he spend most of his time paired up with each year, from the time he broke into the league until the present day?

Thanks!

Edit: Did he ever pair up with Timonen, Zidlicky or Hamhuis for a significant period of time?

TMI 04-13-2011 06:40 PM

If memory serves, Weber and Suter played together at first, while Hamhuis played with Timonen. In 06-07 Weber played with Timonen. After Timonen left it's been Weber and Suter unless one of them has been hurt.

Nitrous Mafia 04-13-2011 07:11 PM

He spent (the whole year?) of 06-07 with Timonen and put up great numbers with him, for many reasons. People around the league started noticing him around that time.

Paranoid Android 04-13-2011 07:51 PM

In 07/08 he was supposed to play with Suter, but got injured. While he was injured, Suter and Zidlicky played together and Trotz basically kept them together even when Weber got healthy. Weber's d-partners during that year varied greatly. Zanon, Suter, and Hamhuis all saw significant time.

Ever since then, it's been Weber-Suter.

TMI 04-14-2011 12:35 PM

I thought Hamhuis played with Suter in 07 when Weber went down with the knee injury.

Paranoid Android 04-14-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 32364912)
I thought Hamhuis played with Suter in 07 when Weber went down with the knee injury.

Naa it was def Zidlicky. Suter and Hammer rarely played together. Hammer played with de Vries/Zanon a lot.

triggrman 04-14-2011 04:25 PM

Did you guys see the thread talking about the article in the Globe and Mail ranking Hamhuis the league's best defensive defenseman?

The dude never got any love while he was in Nashville (much like Klein and Blum) but you let him go to a large market Canadian team and now he's the top shutdown defenseman in the league......

Could you imagine what would happen if Weber or Suter went to a big market team, especially in Canada? They'd be the best players to ever play the game.

Joe T Choker 04-14-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 32369912)
Did you guys see the thread talking about the article in the Globe and Mail ranking Hamhuis the league's best defensive defenseman?

The dude never got any love while he was in Nashville (much like Klein and Blum) but you let him go to a large market Canadian team and now he's the top shutdown defenseman in the league......

Could you imagine what would happen if Weber or Suter went to a big market team, especially in Canada? They'd be the best players to ever play the game.

which is a garbage poll ... has to do with the Quality of Player he's playing with ... he's playing with the Sedin Bros, Kesler, Burrows, etc. While Suter & Weber are playing with TWO 20 goal scorers ... bit a difference of QOC

lstcyr 04-14-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 32371184)
which is a garbage poll ... has to do with the Quality of Player he's playing with ... he's playing with the Sedin Bros, Kesler, Burrows, etc. While Suter & Weber are playing with TWO 20 goal scorers ... bit a difference of QOC

HFBoards bombed my computer again. (It really doesn't play well with other programs.)

I was trying to say that this is not a poll but Mirtle putting a bunch of numbers together for fun. He even says the numbers are skewed by how good the team is.

James Mirtle 04-15-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 32369912)

That's not necessary -- I believe Weber will win the Norris Trophy this season and I voted for him to do so.

Better than ranking first on a statistical package, no?

triggrman 04-15-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Mirtle (Post 32385338)
That's not necessary -- I believe Weber will win the Norris Trophy this season and I voted for him to do so.

I agree James. It's just Hamhuis was good for us for years and never got any league wide recognition until he went to Vancouver.

BigFatCat999 04-15-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Mirtle (Post 32385338)

Norris is a year by year vote which usually is idled by voters being lazy and voting for the last guy.

Nashville has a bit of hunger for some silver and banners. It goes along with the cinder block sized chip on the shoulder.