HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rumor: Phil Legault and Chad Schella fired. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=903680)

Ghost in the Shell 04-14-2011 05:57 PM

Phil Legault and Chad Schella fired.
 
#Senators Phil Legault (VP of communications) and Chad Schella (team services)were both fired today.


....and they keep Glen Gower? :facepalm:

Manny* 04-14-2011 06:02 PM

Not sure how much I like this.

Ghost in the Shell 04-14-2011 06:02 PM

Can't find a link anywhere yet, but I think this is legit.

TooLow494 04-14-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay (Post 32370546)
#Senators Phil Legault (VP of communications) and Chad Schella (team services)were both fired today.


....and they keep Glen Gower? :facepalm:

what can you tell us about these three people?

Smeddy 04-14-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay (Post 32370667)
Can't find a link anywhere yet, but I think this is legit.

Where are you hearing this?

Ghost in the Shell 04-14-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino5000 (Post 32370678)
what can you tell us about these three people?

Legault is media relations, sets up interviews with media for the team, players etc.

Schella was player services, helps the players settle in, banks, drivers licence, showing them the city

Gower is head of gameday productions, which are absolutely terrible. I have no idea why he still has a job.

Ghost in the Shell 04-14-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean9 (Post 32370735)
Where are you hearing this?

renhockey renaud lavoie
#Senators Phil Legault (VP of communications) and Chad Schella (team services)were both fired today.
32 minutes ago

Minister of Offence 04-14-2011 06:07 PM

Could be one of many changes going on all over the organization.

Pro scouting?

Melnyks Mirage 04-14-2011 06:07 PM

Phil is pretty legit, from my understanding he sent out media advisories and helped incoming media types get acclimatized to SBP. Not seeing anything wrong with his performance from a customer standpoint.

Seems like a lot of needless shake-up. Are Murray's daughters in need of a summer job or something? :help::help:

Ghost in the Shell 04-14-2011 06:08 PM

I've heard Schella was well liked by the players.

Smeddy 04-14-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay (Post 32370753)
renhockey renaud lavoie
#Senators Phil Legault (VP of communications) and Chad Schella (team services)were both fired today.
32 minutes ago

:facepalm: thanks, I guess I didn't see the # in the op. Sorry about that

OmniSens 04-14-2011 06:11 PM

2012 is nearing! :rant:

Lenny the Lynx 04-14-2011 06:14 PM

I have literally no idea what this means

Do Make Say Think 04-14-2011 06:20 PM

They're really serious about shaking the organization up eh?

emo 04-14-2011 06:40 PM

Shocking if this is true. Legault was the VP of Communications. He's been with the team for such a long time and is a pro. Good guy too.

Pancakes Pancakes 04-14-2011 06:44 PM

Why does everyone care so damn much, this has nothing to do with the On ice product. Fans on this board :rolleyes:

MHJS 04-14-2011 06:44 PM

Dealt with Schella a few times (mostly before he was promoted to his current position in player services). He is an outstanding person and I thought he was one of the best parts about the Senators organization. I want to hear more about this because I'm not too happy right now.

Sovereign 04-14-2011 06:46 PM

I don't believe it for a second.

MHJS 04-14-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes (Post 32371468)
Why does everyone care so damn much, this has nothing to do with the On ice product. Fans on this board :rolleyes:

There's more to an organization than the on-ice product. Work for a team and you'll realize how important the behind the scenes stuff is.

Bileur 04-14-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHJS (Post 32371538)
There's more to an organization than the on-ice product. Work for a team and you'll realize how important the behind the scenes stuff is.

That's fine, but it's still a business and you have no idea what went on behind closed doors do it makes no sense to be mad about it.

OttawaGM 04-14-2011 06:51 PM

The media has treated the Sens like crap for years now, running players out of town, it's about time the VP of communications was fired for doing a horrible job.

They need someone who will remind the media that their access to the Sens players is voluntary and can be permanently revoked at any time.

MatthewT 04-14-2011 06:52 PM

should have traded them for a late rounder while we had the chance

danishh 04-14-2011 06:55 PM

why?

seriously. any reports of glaring mistakes they've made?

agreed that if anyone should go, it should be "spartan" gower.

wjhl2009fan 04-14-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGM (Post 32371642)
The media has treated the Sens like crap for years now, running players out of town, it's about time the VP of communications was fired for doing a horrible job.

They need someone who will remind the media that their access to the Sens players is voluntary and can be permanently revoked at any time.

The media is not perfect but its far better then a fair amount of other citys.

Do Make Say Think 04-14-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGM (Post 32371642)
The media has treated the Sens like crap for years now, running players out of town, it's about time the VP of communications was fired for doing a horrible job.

They need someone who will remind the media that their access to the Sens players is voluntary and can be permanently revoked at any time.

The Sun has been treating the Senators like garbage. It's to be expected, it's the freaking Sun. I wouldn't say it's the Communications VP's fault if the Sun is about as informative as toilet paper.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.