HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: National Anthem (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=903950)

Basher 04-15-2011 01:04 PM

National Anthem
 
I know we always have some "recording artist" come out for the playoffs, but man, this would be beyond amazing in the Bridgestone. In general, I'd like to see more arenas do this when big crowds are assembled.

Portland Timber's Fans Sing National Anthem

mollymcdeath 04-15-2011 02:34 PM

That's pretty cool, but those little kids looked totally annoyed didn't they? LOL

I seriously loved when we had the TSU band attend and play during TV breaks and stuff, I wish we could keep them for every game.

CloakroomCrusader 04-15-2011 03:28 PM

Speaking of the Portland Timbers, they have the greatest goal celebration of all time. Gnash needs to get a chainsaw. I don't care what he cuts, he just needs to cut something.

Jarnberg 04-15-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predeuce777 (Post 32395256)
Speaking of the Portland Timbers, they have the greatest goal celebration of all time. Gnash needs to get a chainsaw. I don't care what he cuts, he just needs to cut something.

Sorry that image had me almost spit out my drink.

cleangene 04-15-2011 08:27 PM

The Army guy who has sang the Anthem at both Pens playoff games so far just holds the mike towards the crowd about midway through it, and EVERYONE in the building is singing. To me, that and EVERYONE singing Oh Canada before the oils SC Finals games in their series with carolina, is so much more moving than what happens in chicago.

Fo Shea Shea 04-16-2011 07:45 AM

What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........

Nitrous Mafia 04-16-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 32391981)
I know we always have some "recording artist" come out for the playoffs, but man, this would be beyond amazing in the Bridgestone. In general, I'd like to see more arenas do this when big crowds are assembled.

Portland Timber's Fans Sing National Anthem

that is very cool

Basher 04-16-2011 01:14 PM

Cue ignorant football fan......now......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 32411805)
What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........

fixed.

hockey diva 04-16-2011 08:27 PM

I usually sing with the anthem singer as long as they are sticking with the tune. I hate folks who embelish it. It's hard enough to sing without making it fancy.

Adz 04-16-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey diva (Post 32427467)
I usually sing with the anthem singer as long as they are sticking with the tune. I hate folks who embelish it. It's hard enough to sing without making it fancy.

In the movie Amadeus, there was a point where a reviewer listened to one of Mozart's pieces and sniffed that there were "too many notes". I'm like the reviewer when some of these folks sing the anthem. Too many syllables. And I hate the hand motions, too. This isn't a record deal tryout, this isn't a revival, it's a hockey game. Sing it and leave so we can cheer and the ref can drop the dang puck.

Of course, if it was my daughter singing and someone said that I'd throw a hissy fit because then it would be wonderful. ;-)

Drake744 04-16-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 32411805)
What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........

Do you become a fussy fan first by complaining about soccer out of nowhere for no reason? Seems like the aforementioned "fussy soccer fan" would just be giving a rebuttal to your original statement.

kypredsfan 04-17-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 32391981)
I know we always have some "recording artist" come out for the playoffs, but man, this would be beyond amazing in the Bridgestone. In general, I'd like to see more arenas do this when big crowds are assembled.

Portland Timber's Fans Sing National Anthem

The guy doing the "Oh Canada" national anthem last night before the Nucks/Hawks game basically let the crowd sing it for him too.

worstfaceoffmanever 04-17-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 32411805)
What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........

I'm not fussy. I'm curious as to what it is about soccer - which hockey is essentially a condensed version of, by the way - that doesn't appeal to you.

Singing the anthem would get fans into the game from the outset, and would be especially fitting in the postseason. It's one thing to stand quietly during the regular season, but the playoffs are when your passion is supposed to show through, and I wouldn't really consider singing along to be a form of disrespect.

TMI 04-17-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 32450426)
I'm not fussy. I'm curious as to what it is about soccer - which hockey is essentially a condensed version of, by the way - that doesn't appeal to you.

Singing the anthem would get fans into the game from the outset, and would be especially fitting in the postseason. It's one thing to stand quietly during the regular season, but the playoffs are when your passion is supposed to show through, and I wouldn't really consider singing along to be a form of disrespect.

I didn't want to have to tell you guys this, but I'd be a bad poster if I didn't. Soccer is a sport invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.

http://www.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/u...-hill-pimp.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.