HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Three Stars Playoff Edition - 4/16/11 - Round 1 Game 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=904393)

sarcastro 04-16-2011 03:54 PM

Three Stars Playoff Edition - 4/16/11 - Round 1 Game 2

Det 4 @ Pho 3

Mini-Standings:

Datsyuk: 3pts
Howard: 2pts
Franzen: 1pt

You know the drill. Do it!

Shoalzie 04-16-2011 04:06 PM

60 (consecutive) minutes, fellas...this crap won't fly on the road.

Yemack 04-16-2011 04:24 PM

Datsyuk
Franzen
A lot of other guys

I'm repeating what I said in GDT after 1st period but that's why you never take the foot off the gas in playoff. Wings could have won easy today and really put a choke hold on this series.

Anyway, it was a pretty good effort. As Babcock says, it's a race to four. Wings should never look back and, if anything, press that gas pedal harder now that it's getting close.

Don't want to jinx it but .. rest is really cruicial. Faster we get the job done, better off we will be.

btw officiating today was very weird.

AngryBeavers 04-16-2011 04:30 PM

Datstyuk
Rafalski
Filppula/Howard

Dats/Flip were great together I thought and should be together for Game 3. Once Franzen came and took his spot back all the continuity and creativeness went out the window for that line.

redwings85 04-16-2011 04:30 PM

Dats
Lids
Franzen for being a beast.

Flowah 04-16-2011 04:30 PM

I can only think of Dats. Franzen after he came back seemed very ineffectual. Flip played okay I guess. Helm was pretty good along with the rest of his line, except for that dumb penalty. But in terms of stars? Dats was phenomenal. Howard also played very well, made some great saves. The 3 that were let in he couldn't do anything about. Power play goals.

ProPAIN 04-16-2011 04:31 PM

Before the second half epic brain fart

1. Datsyuk
2. Lidstrom
3. Filppula

Flip with Datsyuk looked really good. I think when Z comes back, we should put Mule with him. I said it before the playoffs started

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

They started off well, which is rare and the first half of the second period has got to be the best hockey this team has played all year. Especially from Datsyuk. 5 points in 2 game. ****ing hell. Save some for later Dats ;)

60 minutes guys, 60 minutes.

Flowah 04-16-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 32419553)
Especially from Datsyuk. 5 points in 2 game. ****ing hell. Save some for later Dats

Or keep the pace up all the way. :P

Yemack 04-16-2011 04:36 PM

btw I already voted Franzen but he really deserve a big one for coming back. When he came back and I saw his face I was like 'wtf wow'. I got a big chill from that.

I just hope he's really ok... other than all those stitches and cuts.

And Sarcasto, Franzen is not on the ballot.

kuick 04-16-2011 04:40 PM

Voted Dats, Lidstrom and Rafalski.

Howard was solid. Helm was impressive as always. Filp had a pretty good game as well.

I know I knocked Salei in another thread saying Kindl will probably replace him but Salei was much better today. No big screw ups with the puck and good defensively. He'll probably be playing over Kindl, at least versus a physical team like Phoenix. Babs is trying very hard to match that physicality so the Yotes don't have an edge over us.

ProPAIN 04-16-2011 04:54 PM

Yeah Howard had no chance on Phoenix's goals. I feel sorry for him, I was hoping he could get some nice stats, but these idiotic PP ruined it.

Props for Mule coming back after that, but please stop taking penalties.

RedWingsNow* 04-16-2011 05:34 PM

1. Datsyuk.-- By far.
2. Bertuzzi -- Set the physical tone early, had great chances, set up great chances
3. Homer -- Net presence without risking interference calls.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 04-16-2011 05:44 PM

Anyone hear how badly Zetterberg hurt himself this morning? I saw the brief footage on NBC with him practicing this morning and making a hard stop at the net and then limping immediately off.

14ari13 04-16-2011 05:48 PM

Datsyuk
Holmstrom
Rafalski

Obviously Datsyuk was the best player on the ice by far.
Rafalski got 2 goals to himself in 2 games.

ThankYouBasedGod 04-16-2011 06:03 PM

Had to miss the game because of work, couple of questions:

1. What happened to Franzen?
2. Why didn't he play any power play?
3. Why did Lidstrom play less then any defencemen not named Salei?
4. Why didn't Lidstrom play any short handed?

chances14 04-16-2011 06:25 PM

dats
bert
rafalski

hm to howard. kept his cool even after phoenix scored to make it 4-3

SoupGuru 04-16-2011 06:38 PM

Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Helm

sarcastro 04-16-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yemack (Post 32419624)
btw I already voted Franzen but he really deserve a big one for coming back. When he came back and I saw his face I was like 'wtf wow'. I got a big chill from that.

I just hope he's really ok... other than all those stitches and cuts.

And Sarcasto, Franzen is not on the ballot.

He didn't play very well. I give him mad props for taking that hit and coming back, but he had a ridiculous penalty that cost them a goal and didn't do a whole lot that was productive. He can still win with write-ins, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedTheMule (Post 32421931)
Had to miss the game because of work, couple of questions:

1. What happened to Franzen?
2. Why didn't he play any power play?
3. Why did Lidstrom play less then any defencemen not named Salei?
4. Why didn't Lidstrom play any short handed?

1. Got hit in the corner by Doan and went into the boards face-first. Probably not worth a penalty (none was called), but in a game when a clean shoulder to shoulder check on a player with the puck is called boarding, it definitely warranted a call. At least the Franzen hit was borderline - the Helm hit was just plain clean.

I was pretty sure Franzen had broken a bone in his face. He was all purple and swollen after the hit.

2. He missed a bunch of time and I don't think they had any power plays after he came back.

3. Not sure. At first I thought it was because they started resting him a bit after going up 4-0, but then I noticed he only played 19 and change in game 1 as well. Dude's almost 41, that might be a reason.

4. Dunno, didn't notice that.

Bob Probert Owns You 04-16-2011 10:21 PM

Dats
Doan
Helm

Mount Royal 04-17-2011 11:09 AM

1. Dats

2. Howard
3. Flip

crashman 04-17-2011 11:15 AM

1. Datysuk
2. Holmstrom
3. Helm

Doan deserved the 2nd star, but I'm not voting for a Coyotes player, especially him. ;)

How awesome would it be if Doan was on our side? He's exactly the type of player the Wings need. Hopefully Abdelkader can be Doan-esque some day.

Harnessed in Slums 04-17-2011 02:57 PM

1. Datsyuk - by a mile. It's insanely fun watching him play hockey.
2. Doan. He's a d-bag but at least he's made his presence felt in the playoffs for a second straight year.
3. Lidstrom - no one else really stood out so I went with the Captain.

Wings obviously had this thing locked down and let the Yotes get back into the game. Hopefully they continue that domination in Game 3. The sooner they can put this series away the better. I do not think it will bode well if this series gets dragged out since the first two games demonstrate Detroit is the better team by a good margin and that's without Z.

On to Game 3.