HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Changes You Would Make to our Gameday Production? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=904436)

Rocurs 04-16-2011 05:24 PM

Changes You Would Make to our Gameday Production?

All these rumors floating around regarding changes in our front office got me thinking, what changes would you like to see to our gameday production? My list would be:

- Replace Stuntman Stu
- Announce our full line up at the start of the game
- Get rid of the organ player
- Start playing different music, if I have to listen to Cotton Eyed Joe one more time...
- PLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE bring back the Ice Girls (and throw in cheerleaders too)
- Dim the lighting, I think this would make a huge difference to the atmosphere
- Bring back the radio controlled blimps during the intermissions
- No more Tim Bits / Shopping cart game during intermissions, I would love to see on an ice-production with our new cheerleaders

:yo:

Uncle Eugene 04-16-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocurs (Post 32422466)
All these rumors floating around regarding changes in our front office got me thinking, what changes would you like to see to our gameday production? My list would be:

- Replace Stuntman Stu
- Start playing different music, if I have to listen to Cotton Eyed Joe one more time...
- No more Tim Bits / Shopping cart game during intermissions, I would love to see on an ice-production with our new cheerleaders

Wait, what?

Uncle Eugene 04-16-2011 05:32 PM

Now that I have gotten over the shock let me address each bolded statement in turn.

1. Why replace Stuntman Stu? What difference is it going to make? He does a damn fine job IMO and is a great ambassador for the club.

2. Why announce our full lineup? Can you not see the ice? This isn't baseball.

3. Get rid of the organ player? And what blare house beats? Organs=hockey.

4. Bring back the ice girls is fine, a worthwhile distraction while on commercial timeout. Cheerleaders? Why? No reason for that.

5. Dim the lighting? Come on. Really? IT'S A SAFETY/TELEVISION THING.

6. What is this a strip club?

wjhl2009fan 04-16-2011 05:33 PM

Offering a better selection at the concessions would be a huge plus.

Melnyks Mirage 04-16-2011 05:36 PM

New HD 3-D Scoreboard.
Lose the on-ice intermission stuff, replace with laser show and hookers with black, red & gold pompoms and outfits.
Ice girls/guys and cheerleaders (male/female) in stands.
Hire a top notch DJ and have him spin stuff.
:yo::yo::handclap:

Actually, see what they do in Montreal, Detroit, New York Rangers, other big markets and make it happen.

PeterSidorkiewicz 04-16-2011 05:36 PM

Uncle Eugene 04-16-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz (Post 32422849)

They have one of these in London.

Smartest invention of all time.

Ohhh Franco 04-16-2011 05:42 PM

- Obviously a new ****ing scoreboard.
- Dim the lighting a tad, get more in line with that of the Bell Centre.
- Music seemed to improve a bit towards the end of the season but must always help create an atmosphere, not deter from the one thats playing out on the ice or in the stands.

mat_sens 04-16-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFanDan (Post 32422841)
New HD 3-D Scoreboard.
Lose the on-ice intermission stuff, replace with laser show and hookers with black, red & gold pompoms and outfits.
Ice girls/guys and cheerleaders (male/female) in stands.
Hire a top notch DJ and have him spin stuff.
:yo::yo::handclap:

Actually, see what they do in Montreal, Detroit, New York Rangers, other big markets and make it happen.

I want a DJ/music guy that knows what music is...Hell hire me, I'd do a better job.

CanadianHockey 04-16-2011 05:44 PM

New scoreboard and I'll be satisfied.

Stop playing "dynamite" before games (this is just a personal preference obviously).

SensForLife11 04-16-2011 05:54 PM

Bring back the Sens Theme Song for starting lineups as well

sens2k9 04-16-2011 07:38 PM

Bring back the old announcer :Your.. Ottawa... SENA-TOARS!!!!!!
(Stu sucks.)

Turn up the volume for the music and the organs too, and replace their crappy playlist.

Ice girls = win

Kekumba 04-16-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensForLife11 (Post 32423521)
Bring back the Sens Theme Song for starting lineups as well

Hard to bring something back that's already there.

Wham City 04-16-2011 07:48 PM

- Dim the lighting.
- The music isn't as bad as it used to be, but it could always be better.
- A new scoreboard (still can't believe that antique is likely to be hanging from the rafters for the ASG).
- Ice girls fo sho.
- Trade Stuntman Stu for a bag of pucks and call up the PA announcer from Binghamton, seriously that guy is fantastic.

Tyskie 04-16-2011 07:53 PM

Keep the timbits games but encourage line brawls

Replace zambonie drivers with midgets in dinosaur costumes

New scoreboard

Indoor fireworks

Coco the Monkey* 04-16-2011 08:38 PM

The thing that a couple of you are 100% right about is the awful awful bright lighting. It is so ****ing bright in there, I think it affects the players too. Look at the MSG (a little too dark) and the ACC. The games just look better when they are played at those arenas. SBC is like you're looking at the game while squinting because of the sun in your face.

The second biggest thing is to GET A NEW ****ING SCOREBOARD. Hopefully they have dressed this for next year.

Enough with the alternative/metal (some). I don't care if it's supposed to pump the players out, I'm tired of hearing Linkin Park before and during the games.

I really do hate SBC and I think that creates a lot of the negative atmosphere (how the seating is set up for example).

Icelevel 04-16-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocurs (Post 32422466)

- Replace Stuntman Stu

Definitely agree with those.

TheBandWagon 04-16-2011 09:06 PM

whats the problem with stuntman stu? I have been to several games and haven't noticed him. Not defending him I just don't know his relevance

trentmccleary 04-16-2011 09:17 PM

Music choices.... Don't mix the music the same for every game!

Matinee games, weekends, holidays = families = kids... play the dance music, the "fun" music or whatever.

Late night weekday games = sausage fest... play rock, punk, alternative, big beat techno punk, whatever... just pump up the crowd. A bunch of guys don't want to hear you playing to a kids crowd that isn't there after a long day of work or school.

Ohhh Franco 04-16-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentmccleary (Post 32431403)
Music choices.... Don't mix the music the same for every game!

Matinee games, weekends, holidays = families = kids... play the dance music, the "fun" music or whatever.

Late night weekday games = sausage fest... play rock, punk, alternative, big beat techno punk, whatever... just pump up the crowd. A bunch of guys don't want to hear you playing to a kids crowd that isn't there after a long day of work or school.

Same goes for rivalry/division/revenge games.

SENSfreak_03 04-16-2011 09:58 PM

wasn't the issue with Ice Girls here was some by-law that was passed forcing employees to wear helmets?

PeterSidorkiewicz 04-16-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 (Post 32432811)
wasn't the issue with Ice Girls here was some by-law that was passed forcing employees to wear helmets?

Well if you're going to get with an ice girl I would definitely recommend a Jimmy Helmet of some sort, its a good law to keep you safe.

Kekumba 04-16-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBandWagon (Post 32430987)
whats the problem with stuntman stu? I have been to several games and haven't noticed him. Not defending him I just don't know his relevance

I agree. Although, most of the things in this thread are things I barely ever notice anyway.

TheBandWagon 04-16-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz (Post 32433483)
Well if you're going to get with an ice girl I would definitely recommend a Jimmy Helmet of some sort, its a good law to keep you safe.

I have quoted this because you're my favorite poster. You're funny as all hell. No homo

SensForLife11 04-17-2011 12:34 AM

Hmm thought they might of brought it back, but couldn't remember tbh so just tossed it out there. Clearly my memory of the pregame music isn't that good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekumba (Post 32427878)
Hard to bring something back that's already there.