HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Players You Are Most Excited to See Next Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=905066)

Manny* 04-18-2011 10:26 AM

Players You Are Most Excited to See Next Season

Pick one rookie and one returning player. Feel free to explain why, add point total predictions, etc.

I'm most excited to see Spezza. Once again, this year left us hoping that for once, he might be able to put together a complete season in 2011-2012. If he picks up where he left off, the league is in for a big surprise. Meet Jason Spezza 2.0.

As far as rookies go, I'd have to go with Bob Butler. He put up a very good point pace this season and was learning all the while. He's a streaky goal scorer, but when he's hot, the puck just seems to do his bidding. He'll have to play like a top-six forward next year if he wants to stick with the big club.

Honourable mentions to Da Costa and Erik Karlsson.

bdp 04-18-2011 10:29 AM

Rookie: Rundblad
Returning: Karlsson

Ghost in the Shell 04-18-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Tier (Post 32465389)
Rookie: Rundblad
Returning: Karlsson

Same.

I fear Butler has Brandon Bochenski in his play. Put him with Spezza and he'll be okay, put him with anybody else and he does nothing even becomes a liability.

White Goodman 04-18-2011 10:33 AM

Anderson.

TheBandWagon 04-18-2011 10:37 AM

It'll be nice to see what Anderson can do. Hopefully he provides stability for the young guys.

Butler to me is the real deal. This kid is a natural goal scorer and he gels amazingly with Spezza.
UFA-Spezza-Butler would rip shart I think. He needs to get stronger but I'd much rather a player need to get stronger than say smarter

tony d 04-18-2011 10:38 AM

David Rundblad

Kezia 04-18-2011 10:39 AM

All of the above.

HappyDude 04-18-2011 10:39 AM

I'm mostly excited to see what strides the new additions can make in the off season. Particularly Butler. I am also interested to see whether Anderson can maintain his stellar play.

Who would vote Foligno. He had solidified himself as a 3rd liner to expect more is in vain

Afro Thunder* 04-18-2011 10:42 AM

Cowen.

Finally get a guy that can hit on the blueline other than the big bad angry bone crushing Brian Lee.

HappyDude 04-18-2011 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afro Thunder (Post 32465641)
Cowen.

Finally get a guy that can hit on the blueline other than the big bad angry bone crushing Brian Lee.

Just imagine a LEE/COWEN pairing. It will strike fear in the hearts of all opponents.

HappyGilmour 04-18-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afro Thunder (Post 32465641)
Cowen.

Agreed.

Really looking forward to seeing Jade develop. How Kondra isn't winning this poll is beyond me. I feel next year he can really help this hockey club while mainaining a strong neutral zone presence.

Discuss.

White Goodman 04-18-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyGilmour (Post 32465764)
Agreed.

Really looking forward to seeing Jade develop. How Kondra isn't winning this poll is beyond me. I feel next year he can really help this hockey club while mainaining a strong neutral zone presence.

Discuss.

You changed his name already? Wasn't he Rick Condra?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pX5sV70JHj...disappoint.gif

JonnyMacSen 04-18-2011 10:51 AM

Alfie - Hope he can stay healthy next year
Landeskog - :sarcasm: :naughty:

Minister of Offence 04-18-2011 10:51 AM

I'll be anticipating the first PP Karlsson and Rundblad get matched up for.

Too many answers to choose from, which is great.

RedWhiteBlackGold 04-18-2011 11:00 AM

Definitely looking forward to seeing Rundblad and Cowen. Also looking forward to seeing Spezza next season as I think he ended this one on a high note. If he can stay healthy, then I think he'll have his best season yet. (As far as having more responsibility and not relying on allstar wingers.)

Jerk Store 04-18-2011 11:01 AM

Rundblad for the rookie (for obvious reasons)and Spezza for the returning player. I feel the team will go as far as he and Anderson takes them.

Karlstrobe 04-18-2011 11:01 AM

Returning player - Spezza, I want to see if he can produce at the same high end level over a 82 game regular season. Heres hoping he stays healthy and rips up the league. It will also be interesting to see if Alfies back how Spezza will continue to be a leader on and off the ice.

Rookie - Butler, he seems to have a nack for the net and is always in the right position. When he was called up for 9 games the first time he seem to have the jitters and not bury his chances. After his second call up he had chemistry with Spezza and ended the year with 10 goals, I want to see him over an 82 game season. And for people calling his a streaky scorer, name me on player that isn't an elite superstar that isn't a streaky scorer. Heck even with the year Stamkos had you can call him "streaky". Bobby will ajust and find consistency because hes a natural scorer, I wouldnt worry too much.

Other - Im excited for whoever is taking over the coaching position. We all want an experienced bench boss who can connect with the players and that'll be one position ill be the most excited to see how it turns out.

slamigo 04-18-2011 11:10 AM

Spezza. This will be his year. His transition to Captain - leader of the team.

I also appreciate how the poll give a % rank for each answer that adds up to 314.8%.

Mark Effin Stone 04-18-2011 11:12 AM

Rundblad and Cowen... also voted for Regin as he have something to prove.. last year of his contract.. subpar season etc.. should be on fire :)

wubwubwubwub 04-18-2011 11:20 AM

Cowen and... Strome I guess? Rundblad Spezza and Regin are guys I'll be looking at closely, just because they can all have huge seasons. Karlsson obviously will be exciting to see again but I'm pretty confident in saying he'll get 45-55 points. Also, the Gonch. I wanna see how sick he can be with a coach who knows how to use him. I still think Gonchar can be easily our best DMan next year

CR15 04-18-2011 11:22 AM

Spezza

Rundblad

Shanny 04-18-2011 11:26 AM

Spezza, HM to Gonchar-huge bounce back year for him, and Rundblad.

CanadianHockey 04-18-2011 11:27 AM

Anderson - I think this is the year he'll prove the doubters wrong and solidify his reputation as a #1.

Cowen - I want to see how well his game translates to the NHL and where his development is at, roughly.

lafite 04-18-2011 11:58 AM

I have a feeling that Rundblad and Cowen will be competing for one spot, so that should be good. I don't know about exciting, but It will be important to see what Alfredsson has left.

Kid Canesten 04-18-2011 12:16 PM

while i choose karlsson cause i have a man crush and id like to see him push for 50 or 60 points, i was conflicted between choosing him and rundblad. but i have a feeling rundblad will have a stint in bingo to get use to the NA game.

while, one thing i found interesting and we should keep our eye out for is nick foligno. after having a torrid preseason, he didnt bring it over into the regular season. then while at the philly-ottawa game on the 5th, they had an interview with foligno where he said he turned down a chance to play for the states in the world championships because he felt that it was his duty to go and train so he can get better for the sens. to turn down your country in order to train for your team shows a lot about his commitment to this team and i truly believe he will surprise many next season.