HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Flyers Notes: Carter frustrated with scoring slump (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=905139)

FreshPerspective 04-18-2011 01:48 PM

Flyers Notes: Carter frustrated with scoring slump
 
I'm shocked you would never know with his play on the ice that he's gripping his stick so hard that by the end of the series it will be fused with his hand like a nude fatty in a leather recliner....:shakehead

Let's see if he picks up his level of desperation in a positive way and starts fulfilling his role in the playoffs where we need him most.

Cue in Cartsiephan and all his detractors..well not really! :shakehead

Quote:

"Obviously it's frustrating," said Carter, who led the Flyers with 36 goals in the regular season. "My role on the team is to put the puck in the net. I've had a couple chances here and there throughout the first two, but I need to start bearing down here and getting them in the net, and help the team out."

Carter has struggled in the postseason throughout his career, collecting just seven goals and five assists in 31 playoff games.

The Flyers and Sabres, knotted at one game apiece in their series, will meet in Buffalo on Monday at 7 p.m.

"As the series goes on, the desperation level has to go up every game," Carter said. "This third game is huge. We gave our home ice away, so we need to go to Buffalo and get it back."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1JtxCxiD4

six sigma 04-18-2011 02:00 PM

We'll win a close one today, with Carter scoring the empty-netter.;)

Seriously though Jeff, just play angry.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-18-2011 02:02 PM

As long as he digs in corners and doesn't kill rushes by taking a shot from a one degree angle that ends up giving them an odd man rush against us, I don't hate Jeff Carter. Yea, he's there to score goals, but if he just plays the game with some grit and intelligence, I won't complain.

FreshPerspective 04-18-2011 02:06 PM

Well he said it right ..he needs to BEAR the heck down....but he also need to harness the frustration with energy and determination rather than boneheaded low percentage shots etc. It's only the first series but if he doesn't start making some deposits we could experience a big withdrawal in Round 1. Need his scoring....

Snipsnap12 04-18-2011 02:07 PM

I think Carter has played fairly well this series.He is dumping the puck deep and has good speed on the forecheck. I noticed last game he passed up a couple oppurtunities to shoot, as much as we hate him shooting and missing the net too much he needs to fire the puck, eventually he will rip a few home.

Larry44 04-18-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six sigma (Post 32469726)
We'll win a close one today, with Carter scoring the empty-netter.

You forgot to add, "for the hattrick"...

RJ8812 04-18-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 32469766)
As long as he digs in corners and doesn't kill rushes by taking a shot from a one degree angle that ends up giving them an odd man rush against us, I don't hate Jeff Carter. Yea, he's there to score goals, but if he just plays the game with some grit and intelligence, I won't complain.

LOL

riiiight

that's his game, he wont change it

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-18-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 32469987)
LOL

riiiight

that's his game, he wont change it

And that's why I usually can't stand Jeff Carter. I'm just saying that there's more it than just scoring goals...you have to work for them. He's played better this year, but he's still just not gritty enough. Giroux plays like he's twice the size of Carter, Carter should be ashamed.

FreshPerspective 04-18-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 32470157)
And that's why I usually can't stand Jeff Carter. I'm just saying that there's more it than just scoring goals...you have to work for them. He's played better this year, but he's still just not gritty enough. Giroux plays like he's twice the size of Carter, Carter should be ashamed.

JVR is also schooling him in that dept and only in his second year...good one. Anyway, hopefully this thread acts as reverse psychology so that he can start potting some goals. He's playing generally well but def on the offensive side he needs to bear down as he says...

infidelappel* 04-18-2011 02:40 PM

It's okay, Jeff. All players revert to mean over a large enough sample. You just gotta make sure you miss those empty nets.

FreshPerspective 04-18-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 32470580)
It's okay, Jeff. All players revert to mean over a large enough sample. You just gotta make sure you miss those empty nets.

Jeff needs to plant his two unbroken feet in front of the net like JVR and hack away with relentless intent.....

hof2120 04-18-2011 02:57 PM

Does this mean Casper is actually gonna try and stop ghosting? Impossible.

bennysflyers16 04-18-2011 02:57 PM

Multi point game for JC tonight !!!:handclap:

hof2120 04-18-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 (Post 32470987)
Multi point game for JC tonight !!!:handclap:

If they award points for golden opportunities missed, then I agree.

ShotScore* 04-18-2011 04:00 PM

Zherdev will come out tonight playing with his hair on fire.

He will score one goal and assist on two. One of his assists will be directly responsible for Carter's goal.

Carter supporters will then flood HF boards shouting down Carter bashers and praising Carter like the second coming of Jesus, while at the same time asking everyone on HF if they saw how bad Zherdev's play was.

Beef Invictus 04-18-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotScore (Post 32472444)
Zherdev will come out tonight playing with his hair on fire.

He will score one goal and assist on two. One of his assists will be directly responsible for Carter's goal.

Carter supporters will then flood HF boards shouting down Carter bashers and praising Carter like the second coming of Jesus, while at the same time asking everyone on HF if they saw how bad Zherdev's play was.

Yeah, this has never happened.

CGiroux3133 04-18-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 (Post 32469879)
I think Carter has played fairly well this series.He is dumping the puck deep and has good speed on the forecheck. I noticed last game he passed up a couple oppurtunities to shoot, as much as we hate him shooting and missing the net too much he needs to fire the puck, eventually he will rip a few home.

:huh::huh: Maybe ive been watching the wrong games, hes been awful.

usahockey22flyers 04-18-2011 04:26 PM

Carter has been ok at best in the series.

He's blown a few chances but hasn't been taking dumb penalties and hasn't been too bad in the turnover department.

But seriously though, he has been decent back checking except for when he stopped skating and had to tie up whoever and took a hook.

Chicken Chaser 04-18-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six sigma (Post 32469726)
We'll win a close one today, with Carter scoring the empty-netter.;)

Seriously though Jeff, just play angry.

has worked very well for JVR so far this series, but I don't think thats JC's cup of tea, some players have "it" and some don't.

Fenza 04-20-2011 02:53 PM

Whatever he did for game 3, he just needs to keep doing.

JLHockeyKnight 04-20-2011 02:58 PM

One thing that bothers me recently is he seems to go backhand a lot lately. He has the most lethal wrister on the team. Use it as often as possible. You see daylight, fire it. If you don't have room upstairs, fire it low and generate a rebound or hope is squeaks through.

bennysflyers16 04-20-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 (Post 32470987)
Multi point game for JC tonight !!!:handclap:

JC scores a breakaway goal tonight :handclap:

Cartsiephan* 04-20-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six sigma (Post 32469726)
We'll win a close one today, with Carter scoring the empty-netter.;)

Seriously though Jeff, just play angry.

Agreed, with the second part of this. He needs to play with a little chip on his shoulder, look at JvR.

Cartsiephan* 04-20-2011 03:27 PM

Bottom line is he needs to score, if he is not scoring he is not earning his paycheck. Game 2 was brutal, floating back on coverage, missing open nets, not generating any sustained offense. This guy scored during the regular season, he needs to keep it up in the post-season.

And for all those who are going to hate on the "hater"(still cracks me up every time), I want nothing more than to see Jeff Carter score a hattrick and be successful, because that usually means they are winning and most likely means they should end up in the SCF's. Problem is when he reverts back to the non-playoff performer and not showing up it only provides more credibility for the critics who say he cannot be successful when the games get tight and more physical because that is not his game and at this point he has not taken the time to adjust his game to how the playoffs are played.

Props to him getting his rear in front of the net, but he needs to be more of a presence, not just stand there looking for the tip-in, but cause some chaos and traffic in front of Miller.

Murphy7 04-20-2011 03:37 PM

What time is work over?
Oh, 2 1/2 hours before puck drop. Better sign off now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.