HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Alex Petrovic Signs ELC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=905170)

FinlandPanther 04-18-2011 02:59 PM

Alex Petrovic Signs ELC
 
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=560137

RainingRats 04-18-2011 03:03 PM

nice

pb1300 04-18-2011 03:06 PM

Looks like Tallon wants to make sure he doesnt make the same mistakes he did in Chicago, as far as getting these contracts done in time.

Talk about size on the back end:

Guds 6-4
Petrovic 6-4
Ellerby 6-4
Robak 6-3
Garrison 6-2
Larsson 6-3 :sarcasm:

gizmo12688 04-18-2011 05:05 PM

Nice. Hopes he makes the team next season. Pretty big D core.

FlaPnthrsPunk 04-18-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 32471223)
Would you trade him for Gagner?

Yes, but I can't say that was a simple decision. Petrovic's projected to be pretty impressive if he develops the right way in his career.

gizmo12688 04-18-2011 06:36 PM

On a serious note, odds he makes the team next year?

Markstrom Rules 04-18-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo12688 (Post 32475960)
On a serious note, odds he makes the team next year?

I think he needs a couple more years. He needs to work more on his shot accuracy and his d-zone coverage in particular.

Acadmus 04-19-2011 07:11 AM

Please keep the thread on topic, folks.

And on a side note, it's time to change your "tank" avatars...smoking ruins of destroyed tanks would be appropo :D

AwesomePanthers 04-19-2011 08:46 AM

Great news!

ShootIt 04-19-2011 08:56 AM

Nice, however I think he is still 1-2 years away from making the big club.

RainingRats 04-19-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 32492471)
Nice, however I think he is still 1-2 years away from making the big club.

2 years for sure.

BabyJagrov 04-19-2011 03:32 PM

Guess we just have to say:

Nice job Tallon ! Welcome Petrovic ! :handclap:

Because really to stay on topic, that's all we can say ! ;)

CanadianPantherFan 04-19-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 32477284)
I think he needs a couple more years. He needs to work more on his shot accuracy and his d-zone coverage in particular.

In saying that...doesn't the ELC years count against their UFA years? So we are throwing two years away? Did he need to be signed to an ELC now?

Just trying to clarify some things for myself since Howden just signed a ELC. ,but is probably closer to the big club than Petrovic.

ShootIt 04-19-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan (Post 32501738)
In saying that...doesn't the ELC years count against their UFA years? So we are throwing two years away? Did he need to be signed to an ELC now?

Just trying to clarify some things for myself since Howden just signed a ELC. ,but is probably closer to the big club than Petrovic.

IIRC, we do not lose any years if we sign them early.

Until they play with big club or play in the AHL, no years are lost.

All it does is count against the 50 contract limit.

flapanthersfan 04-19-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan (Post 32501738)
In saying that...doesn't the ELC years count against their UFA years? So we are throwing two years away? Did he need to be signed to an ELC now?

Just trying to clarify some things for myself since Howden just signed a ELC. ,but is probably closer to the big club than Petrovic.

as was mentioned - we lose no years with either player if they are returned to juniors. years are only counted when the players turn pro - meaning if they play in the NHL, AHL or ECHL.

FinlandPanther 04-19-2011 06:47 PM

Kulikov, Gudbranson, Petrovic is going to be a nasty top 3 :naughty:

Acadmus 04-26-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyJagrov (Post 32500316)
Guess we just have to say:

Nice job Tallon ! Welcome Petrovic ! :handclap:

Because really to stay on topic, that's all we can say ! ;)

As you can see from other posts, that's not true. However, discussion of trade value and concocting imaginary trades is not the topic, nor is it usually a topic, which is why we have a dedicated thread for discussing such things. Fantasy trade discussions have a nasty habit of hijacking a thread, which is exactly what happened.

BabyJagrov 04-26-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acadmus (Post 32674271)
As you can see from other posts, that's not true. However, discussion of trade value and concocting imaginary trades is not the topic, nor is it usually a topic, which is why we have a dedicated thread for discussing such things. Fantasy trade discussions have a nasty habit of hijacking a thread, which is exactly what happened.

I apologize.

But I know about the ELC rules, 50-contract limit and all...

Can't remember what I was saying in my post, don't think I was one of the guys talking about imaginary trades but you edited me, so I must have gone overboard a bit.

You threw it off topic with your avatar comment, by the way... Any good at Photoshop ? I'm looking for someone ! ;)

Petrovic should put on a nice show in training camp, but he should be back in Juniors and spend some time in the AHL before making the jump IMO

gudzilla 04-18-2013 11:50 AM

he's getting called up today

Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers 8m

The #FlaPanthers have recalled defenseman Alex Petrovic from @SARampage. Will make NHL debut tonight w/ Kuba out of lineup.

Ghoste 04-18-2013 12:25 PM

We need a "We Are Young" themed GDT.

-ghoste

FlaPnthrsPunk 04-18-2013 12:34 PM

Looking forward to watching him tonight. I think he's still a couple of seasons away from really making an impact, but this is a good chance for him to get a small taste of the NHL in a huge situation tonight for the Rangers.

RainingRats 04-18-2013 12:52 PM

I'm a big fan. He's got the style of play we definitely need on our blueline. Hope he plays well.

PBPantherfan 04-18-2013 01:30 PM

Would like to see him or Guds run into Nash.

Jeff Shafer 04-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBPantherfan (Post 64182661)
Would like to see him or Guds run into Nash.

That would be a fun pairing, Gudbranson and Petrovic, bash brothers.

gizmo12688 04-18-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Shafer (Post 64183091)
That would be a fun pairing, Gudbranson and Petrovic, bash brothers.

That would be amazing. Add some much needed grit to the team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.