HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: 4/24/11 Call-ups: B.Jones, Ritola, Tokarski | Update 4/29/11: Pouliot, Angelidis, Roy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=905816)

LightningStrikes 04-20-2011 02:26 AM

4/24/11 Call-ups: B.Jones, Ritola, Tokarski | Update 4/29/11: Pouliot, Angelidis, Roy

Per EE:

erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
#tblightning have recalled Mattias Ritola and Blair Jones from @NorfolkAdmirals expect one to play, other is a precaution for Malone

erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Guy Boucher said earlier there he has no indication right now to think Malone won't be able to play tomorrow in Game 4

Louiss 04-20-2011 09:00 AM

could have wait this morning for the 2nd/prevention call-up. I understand the first one but the 2nd call-up might not even play.

Good way to break the Norfolk Admirals chances by breaking their first line.
Hope they sign Carter Ashton to PTO ASAP and put him on the top 2 lines for Norfolk.

TheDaysOf 04 04-20-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louiss (Post 32518623)
could have wait this morning for the 2nd/prevention call-up. I understand the first one but the 2nd call-up might not even play.

Good way to break the Norfolk Admirals chances by breaking their first line.
Hope they sign Carter Ashton to PTO ASAP and put him on the top 2 lines for Norfolk.

Ashton is already signed to a ELC by the Lightning. They can assign him Norfolk if they want.

Doctor Drej 04-20-2011 09:27 AM

Put in Reetala. He could give us some scoring touch on the bottom line with Downie out. Blair Jones I'm just not sold about nor do I like playing 7 D. Need to roll 4 lines in the playoffs.

If we want to get in Randy Jones, bench Kubina.

The Fear Boners 04-20-2011 12:53 PM

Need sandpaper on the lower lines with a touch of defensive responsibility and the ability to work in the corners, so my vote goes to B-Jones.

Tokala 04-20-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton (Post 32522417)
Need sandpaper on the lower lines with a touch of defensive responsibility and the ability to work in the corners, so my vote goes to B-Jones.

Same here. Think Blair has more to offer in this series than Ritola.

I Am Beat You 04-20-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton (Post 32522417)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokala (Post 32523769)
Same here. Think Blair has more to offer in this series than Ritola.

Agreed. My guess is that Ritola and MAB have a better shot though.

Felonious Python 04-20-2011 02:53 PM

The Lightning have signed a mystery player named "Stephen Downie" just in time for tonight's game.

http://cdn.nhl.com/lightning/images/...wnie_slide.jpg

Photo of said player.

LightningStrikes 04-20-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 32524650)
The Lightning have signed a mystery player named "Stephen Downie" just in time for tonight's game.

http://cdn.nhl.com/lightning/images/...wnie_slide.jpg

Photo of said player.

I heard he's a punk. :dunno::sarcasm:

Felonious Python 04-20-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 32526898)
I heard he's a punk. :dunno::sarcasm:

He's been leading the MHL in penalty minutes this season.

Louiss 04-20-2011 09:10 PM

seriously nice job by the Lightning to ruined the Norfolk Admirals chanced to win their 1st round matchups.

Ritola & Jones miss 2 games... all that for pressbox apparence for Jones and 2 minutes of play for Ritola.

In the meantime Norfolk only had 9 forwards dressed today including 1 who had played 1 AHL game this year.

I understand 1 call-up was necessary but Jones should have stayed down... Bergeron could have played if Malone wasnt ready.

The Fear Boners 04-21-2011 12:07 AM

No idea why Ritola even bothered putting on a jersey tonight. Pathetic effort.

gobolt7 04-21-2011 12:59 AM

In hindsight, should have never called them up. Screwed over Norfolk.

TheDaysOf 04 04-21-2011 10:58 AM

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeCorcoranNHL
Quote:

Ritola and Blair Jones have been returned to Norfolk. #TBLightning

Felonious Python 04-21-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobolt7 (Post 32543475)
In hindsight, should have never called them up. Screwed over Norfolk.

In hindsight, yes, but if Blair Jones is a necessity to recall along with Ritola, we had it coming.

LightningStrikes 04-21-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 32547752)

Well, thanks for the 2:23 minutes you played, Ritola. Oh yeah, and sorry you lost, Admirals.

TheDaysOf 04 04-22-2011 03:48 AM

I'm sure the plan was never to play Ritola 2 minutes. If he had played better and was safe enough to keep out there, he would have played more. The mistake might have been playing Ritola over Jones and let Ritola be Malone's injury back up.

Doctor Drej 04-24-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

@LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
With Norfolk out of AHL playoffs, forwards Blair Jones and Mattias Ritola and goalie Dustin Tokarski were called up to Lightning.
Sucks Norfolk got eliminated but just watching some NHL playoff action live for Tik might be a good thing for him.

IdealisticSniper 04-24-2011 07:14 PM

Tokarski was down right sick in his first professional playoff series. His numbers are ridiculous. The Norfolk D and PK let them down in that series. Tik was great.

I Am Beat You 04-24-2011 07:22 PM

They were let down by a very depleted lineup way more then anything else. They gave it a good go, and I'm really looking forward to next season.

Hockeyfan02 04-24-2011 10:11 PM

Agreed, they had an imperfect storm of injuries and the Downie suspension. Sucks for them the Lightning called up both Jones and Ritola but that's just one of those things that happens to the minor league teams unfortunately.

IdealisticSniper 04-24-2011 11:08 PM

Eh...they were only missing Jones and Ritola for 1 of the 6 games they played. Not exactly the cause of their demise. Defense was lazy at times and the PK was horrible at the worst times.

Either way it was a great run for them and Im sure they will build on it next year.

Doctor Drej 04-24-2011 11:18 PM

I'd really like to see Tik get the backup job next year. A cheap, young but solid backup & a cheap, vet starter combo with Roli would allow us to bolster the defense while handing out the appropriate raises to certain players.

I'll be shocked if we sign Bryz or Vokoun. Going after big fish doesn't seem to be the way SFY operates.

Hockeyfan02 04-24-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 32643137)
Eh...they were only missing Jones and Ritola for 1 of the 6 games they played. Not exactly the cause of their demise.

Jones and Ritola missed both games 3 and 4. Berry was out the whole series, Angelidis missed half the series, and they lost Durno and "Chewy" to injuries in game 3. If it was only Ritola and Jones for two games, it might not have been a big deal. They were barely able to ice a full roster for game four. They had to ask the league to allow Hutchings to play because he wasn't on their emergency list of players.

IdealisticSniper 04-24-2011 11:25 PM

Im just not sure if Tokarski is ready yet. Hes close, very close, but I think he needs one more year in the AHL.