HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Injury Report: Jeff Carter "sprained right knee" (April 26 update: could return in Rd. 2; post #87) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=906105)

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-20-2011 09:56 PM

Jeff Carter "sprained right knee" (April 26 update: could return in Rd. 2; post #87)

Speculation is that it is a knee injury.

Officially termed "lower body" and "day-to-day" by Holmgren.

LI Fly Guy 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

Good news, just like it was when Pronger was determined "day to day"

Mgkibbles 04-20-2011 10:20 PM

Homer would classify this as day to day lower body injury as well.

FreshPerspective 04-20-2011 10:35 PM

Ya his knee took a jolt ..pretty obvious. Might be hyperextended. If any ligament damage not good. Having said this...they did well without him last year. He wasn't exactly lighting it on fire out there particularly offensively (hesitant to get involved physically)....just not good to lose his size down the middle from a depth and defensive perspective. Flyers can just run with Richards, Briere, G-man and Betts down the middle and reshuffle others on the wings. It was fine last year.

Pantokrator 04-20-2011 10:39 PM

On the topic of injuries, I'm wondering what the view is concerning the absence of Pronger. I would say Pronger is the key to this team. Without him, should the team really be expected to win? I am not trying to be negative, but my belief since the team got Pronger is that he is the key. I don't have much hope without him in the lineup, but I don't think that is off base. I haven't seen much talk regarding his injury, so I was just wondering what others thought.

sa cyred 04-20-2011 10:43 PM

Carter remembered it was playoffs, so he had to get himself hurt ;)

FlyerGuy18 04-20-2011 10:48 PM

nevermore 04-20-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 32539505)
Homer would classify this as day to day lower body injury as well.

It's funny because it's true.

Beef Invictus 04-20-2011 10:58 PM

At least Carter is consistent.

ShawnTHW 04-20-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 32540852)
At least Carter is consistent.

Consistent at shooting high and wide, as well as, consistent at getting hurt in the playoffs.

hof2120 04-20-2011 11:11 PM

2nd straight year getting hurt in game four of the 1st round...CONSPIRACY!

flyersfan187 04-20-2011 11:28 PM

I thought Carter was starting to turn it on so this injury sucks. We need him out there to free up JVR and Giroux and to bring that speed out there... No Pronger and no Carter could speak trouble for this team. I am just glad we have enough depth on this team to still be able to beat this Sabre team. Next round though if we still have no Carter and no Pronger then I would not like our chances of advancing...

hof2120 04-20-2011 11:53 PM

What's the difference between a healthy Carter in the playoffs and an injured Carter in the playoffs?

Hint: It's a trick question.

Eech 04-21-2011 12:05 AM

Day to day? So he will probably be out for the rest of the playoffs? Get well soon, Carter.

healthyscratch 04-21-2011 12:23 AM

Jeff got hurt? Didn't even realize he wasn't out there. :sarcasm:

hof2120 04-21-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyscratch (Post 32542902)
Jeff got hurt? Didn't even realize he wasn't out there. :sarcasm:

Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

Hockeypete49 04-21-2011 03:27 AM

Ah All the love.

MsWoof 04-21-2011 07:22 AM

For all of you who are *****ing about Carter, where do you think the Flyers are without his first period goal in game 3?

Looks like you get your wish, reports on twitter say he was limping badly. Panacchio says he's not optimistic. I'm sure all of you can suggest a replacement that's as good as/better than him, though.

Snipsnap12 04-21-2011 07:27 AM

Seems to be alot of hate, jokes, and not too much worry about carter being hurt. I for one am pretty bummed out about this. He is a big part of our forward depth, he was nice part of our best line so far this series, and even though he misses the net alot he has a quick strike shot. Hopefully this isnt serious

Cartsiephan* 04-21-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof (Post 32545118)
For all of you who are *****ing about Carter, where do you think the Flyers are without his first period goal in game 3?

Looks like you get your wish, reports on twitter say he was limping badly. Panacchio says he's not optimistic. I'm sure all of you can suggest a replacement that's as good as/better than him, though.

Relax, obviously Carter is important to the roster, hopefully he can return because he is needed to do whatever it is he does out there on a nightly basis in the playoffs. :)

nuclear reactor 04-21-2011 07:47 AM

Empty nets around the league breathe a sigh of relief. I mean, of course, about the ones at the end of the game. Doesn't change much for the ones with the goalie out of position. They're still safe.

Cartsiephan* 04-21-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 (Post 32545141)
Seems to be alot of hate, jokes, and not too much worry about carter being hurt. I for one am pretty bummed out about this. He is a big part of our forward depth, he was nice part of our best line so far this series, and even though he misses the net alot he has a quick strike shot. Hopefully this isnt serious

You get Pronger back and he balances out the talent. This probably buys another week for Zherdev too, and possibly will see Holmstrom which is not a bad things IMO, another guy who is willing to do the little things and contribute in places where they are lacking at times, consistent effort.

From the looks of the injury it looks like it is a hyperextended knee, probably some swelling and tenderness, put him in a knee brace and get him back on the ice.

MsWoof 04-21-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 32545287)
You get Pronger back and he balances out the talent. This probably buys another week for Zherdev too, and possibly will see Holmstrom which is not a bad things IMO, another guy who is willing to do the little things and contribute in places where they are lacking at times, consistent effort.

From the looks of the injury it looks like it is a hyperextended knee, probably some swelling and tenderness, put him in a knee brace and get him back on the ice.

Pronger can't take slapshots so while he may be useful in some ways, unless they park his ass in front of the net on the pp he isn't going to see much time there. He's also not in game shape and he's not fast at the best of times so getting him back will be a boost emotionally but you can't expect much from a guy coming off such a long layoff. Well except Carter last year, of course! :p:

Protest 04-21-2011 08:20 AM

I just hope its not general soreness, we can't afford to lose Carter for the year.

Spongolium* 04-21-2011 08:21 AM

It's not like he's bagged a **** ton of points. We were fine without him last year. Giroux will step up. I have faith.