HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Post Game Talk: POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=906108)

Wraparounds 04-20-2011 09:58 PM

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden

The RulesWhat is the poll for?

You are voting for the player of the game - the one who put forth the most effort, who put the team on his shoulders, who contributed the most.

Do not vote for the player who had the best statistical game just because he had the best statistical game.

This does not mean you should not vote for the player of who had the best statistical game, but do not vote for him just because of that fact.

Who can I vote for?

You may vote for any player who dressed for the game and played at least one shift. If the player you want to vote for is not included in the poll, select "Other" and indicate in your post who you wish to vote for. In the case that I egregiously miss the player who everyone wants to vote for in the poll, I will count the votes in the thread.

What is this "The Good, The Bad, The Redden" nonsense?

It is my twist on the title of the famous spaghetti western movie, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Since multiple players may have outstanding games and you can only vote for one player in the poll, this affords you the opportunity to recognize multiple players, or a facet of the team, for their commendable play ("The Good"). This also affords you the opportunity to rip players, or a facet of the team, for their particularly substandard play ("The Bad"). Finally, just as "The Player of the Game" affords you the opportunity to recognize the best, this affords you the opportunity to commend the crème de la crème of the worst, who delivered an atrocious performance, or whose singular (or multiple) bad plays directly led to the the detriment of the team ("The Redden").

Previous GDTs & PGTs
Game Day Thread Post Game Thread Game Day Thread Post Game Thread
#43 @ St. Louis Blues #43 @ St. Louis Blues ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals (1) ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals
#44 vs. Montreal Canadiens #44 vs. Montreal Canadiens ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals (2)
#45 vs. Vancouver Canucks #45 vs. Vancouver Canucks ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals
#46 @ Montreal Canadiens #46 @ Montreal Canadiens ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals (1) ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals
#47 vs. Philadelphia Flyers #47 vs. Philadelphia Flyers ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals (2)
#48 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs #48 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals (1)
#49 @ Carolina Hurricanes #49 @ Carolina Hurricanes  
#50 @ Atlanta Thrashers #50 @ Atlanta Thrashers  
#51 @ Washington Capitals #51 @ Washington Capitals  
#52 vs. Florida Panthers #52 vs. Florida Panthers  
#53 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins #53 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins  
#54 vs. New Jersey Devils #54 vs. New Jersey Devils  
#55 @ Montreal Canadiens #55 @ Montreal Canadiens  
#56 @ Detroit Red Wings #56 @ Detroit Red Wings  
#57 @ Atlanta Thrashers #57 @ Atlanta Thrashers  
#58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins #58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins  
#59 vs. Los Angeles Kings #59 vs. Los Angeles Kings  
#60 @ New Jersey Devils #60 @ New Jersey Devils  
#61 vs. Philadelphia Flyers #61 vs. Philadelphia Flyers  
#62 @ Carolina Hurricanes #62 @ Carolina Hurricanes  
#63 @ Washington Capitals #63 @ Washington Capitals  
#64 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning #64 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning  
#65 vs. Buffalo Sabres #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres  
#66 vs. Minnesota Wild #66 vs. Minnesota Wild  
#67 @ Ottawa Senators #67 @ Ottawa Senators  
#68 vs. Philadelphia Flyers #68 vs. Philadelphia Flyers  
#69 @ Anaheim Ducks #69 @ Anaheim Ducks  
#70 @ San Jose Sharks #70 @ San Jose Sharks  
#71 vs. New York Islanders #71 vs. New York Islanders  
#72 vs. Montreal Canadiens #72 vs. Montreal Canadiens  
#73 @ Pittsburgh Penguins #73 @ Pittsburgh Penguins  
#74 vs. Florida Panthers #74 vs. Florida Panthers  
#75 vs. Ottawa Senators #74 vs. Ottawa Senators  
#76 @ Boston Bruins #76 @ Boston Bruins  
#77 @ Buffalo Sabres #76 @ Buffalo Sabres  
#78 @ New York Islanders #78 @ New York Islanders  
#79 @ Philadelphia Flyers #79 @ Philadelphia Flyers  
#80 vs. Boston Bruins #80 vs. Boston Bruins  
#81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers  
#82 vs. New Jersey Devils #82 vs. New Jersey Devils  

MorrisWanchuk 04-20-2011 10:08 PM

good job getting the postgame thread up wraparounds.

a tough night guys. a tough night.

Wraparounds 04-20-2011 10:10 PM

POTG: ****
The Good: ****
The Bad: ****
The Redden: **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Tony D63 04-20-2011 10:10 PM

I cant watch next game I dont wanna watch the fans tourment us. If we win il watch it at home..

I was ****ing crazy, I was muting it when we were on defense and not looking I had to peek to see what happend then on ofense I unmuted it and got up, back and fouth, so im chillin i take a peek and see the ****ing caps celebrating im like just kill me.

i hate my self, i hate gaborik, i hate callahans leg for braking on him, i hate torterlla, i hate satherr !!! i hate sullivan and i ****ing hate ove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****kkkkkkkkkkkk meeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaarddddddddddd waha

NCRanger 04-20-2011 10:11 PM

Is there any team as snakebitten as the Rangers?

How many fluky goals can pne team give up in the course of a playoff series?

Why wasn't the whistle blown on the first Caps goal?

NYR7 04-20-2011 10:12 PM

POTG: Hank
Good: The rangers fan chants, the team effort on periods 1-2, and overtimes.
Bad: 3rd period
Redden: Gaborik's misplay...

Nothing else to say... This will end in Washington unfortunately =\

qwertyaas 04-20-2011 10:12 PM

You can't give up a 3-0 in the third. I don't care how the calls, whistles or anything went.

You fight through it.

Moosehead777 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

How do you blow a 3 goal lead in the third period....

This team sucks.....

JeffMangum 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap
It's always embarrassing to be a Rangers fan.

This completely sums it up, and it's sad that you regret becoming a fan of the team you live and die by.

I think Gaborik played his last game on garden ice, or at least played his second to last game.

Kane One 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

Again, **** you Gaborik.

The Redden: Lol.

Tony D63 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

Ok go enjoy it on the caps fourms.

WhipNash27 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

Worst part is that this series could easily be 3-1 Rangers. Instead it's 1-3. I guess that's what separates contenders from pretenders.

JeffMangum 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRanger (Post 32539037)
Is there any team as snakebitten as the Rangers?

How many fluky goals can pne team give up in the course of a playoff series?

Why wasn't the whistle blown on the first Caps goal?

Because Lundqvist had control for about half a second. That's not long enough to blow the whistle.

McDonagh 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

On the bright side, we are still a very young team. We have a bright future. This is good experience.

Fitzy 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

It was an entertaining game. If we had won it after the Lundqvist breakaway save and Girardi blocks it would have gone down as an epic win in the chapters of NYR history.

Unfortunately, Gaborik is...

On the other hand, in order to stay Zen, i'm just going to avoid breaking down the game. Lets enjoy what game or games we have left.

pld459666 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheresthebeef (Post 32539029)
I cant watch next game I dont wanna watch the fans tourment us. If we win il watch it at home..

I was ****ing crazy, I was muting it when we were on defense and not looking I had to peek to see what happend then on ofense I unmuted it and got up, back and fouth, so im chillin i take a peek and see the ****ing caps celebrating im like just kill me.

i hate my self, i hate gaborik, i hate callahans leg for braking on him, i hate torterlla, i hate satherr !!! i hate sullivan and i ****ing hate ove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****kkkkkkkkkkkk meeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaarddddddddddd waha

Where's the like button

HockeyStickHomicide 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

Way to show some offense gabby.

Hank must be pissed.

RyanBozak 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

I feel like crying

WhiskeyDeke 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

I didn't see the "Paul Devorski AND Gaborik" button on the poll.

Or a "Rangers PP" button.

Gaborik has got to play harder and smarter. Period...that's just a stupid, stupid play.

Moosehead777 04-20-2011 10:15 PM

hockey iq of this team is very low.....

What a bunch of dumb ****s....

pwoz 04-20-2011 10:16 PM

This team is worthless. No one is worth retaining. Boudreau gives them a reason for another blowout and they play like a bunch of limp wristed ******s. I hate this ****ing USELESS team. Trade Hank, the only useful player on the squad. I hope they get lottery picks the next decade.

Dantes19 04-20-2011 10:16 PM

They played with a lot of heart, which I admire.

But they're not nearly as talented as the Caps, which means that they have no margin of error for unfortunate/ill-advised plays. The Rangers have to be at their best to beat the Caps, and that obviously wasn't the case tonight.

The fact that the power play is absolutely atrocious doesn't help either.

Uncle Sam 04-20-2011 10:16 PM

hey guys it could have been worse :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAQQ...eature=related

Net Front Presence 04-20-2011 10:16 PM

POTG: Girardi
Good: There's no way our group of forwards can be worse next season.
Bad: Getting hosed on the first goal against. Ref getting in Dubinsky's way.

NYR7 04-20-2011 10:16 PM

Eh I know I said I have no more to say, but it's just not going to be possible to bounce back after losing a game like this. We may win 1, even 2, but I just can't see us coming back and beating them.