HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trevor Timmins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=90633)

Laurentides 07-11-2004 10:00 PM

Trevor Timmins

I was there on ther on the second practice (saturday morning) and i was there at 8 45 so i went in the arena at the same time that trevor timmins went in......a GREAT guy. I congratulated him about the last few drafts:

this is the conversation we had:

Gui: Congratulation on this year draft!
TT: You were happy?
Gui: Yes i actually clapped alone in my basement !!!
TT: Great. Who were you rooting for?
Gui: Wasnt Wolski bigger than Chipchura?
TT: Yeah but Wolski is so soft , Chip was the guy we wanted all long
Gui: What about Shremp? I wanted him badlly.
TT: We hated him.
Gui: Thanks and good luck.

Trevor Timmins is a great guy and if you see him in the development camp, go talk to him , you wont regret it......... ;)

Firthbird 07-11-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurentides
I was there on ther on the second practice (saturday morning) and i was there at 8 45 so i went in the arena at the same time that trevor timmins went in......a GREAT guy. I congratulated him about the last few drafts:

Trevor Timmins is a great guy and if you see him in the development camp, go talk to him , you wont regret it......... ;)

hrrmmm.... Do you always take a pad and pen with you so you can record your conversations? :joker:

Munchausen 07-11-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the info. Wolski is definitelly butter soft, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like those.

I have a hard time imagining Timmins saying he hated Schremp though. Not doubting what you said, but it's hard to imagine someone "hating" his game. He's a pretty flashy guy. Maybe he was talking about his interview impressions about the guy himself.

Wildbeliefs 07-11-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

That almost makes it sound like he was surprised someone was happy with the draft... hmm...

Moumni_Bachir 07-11-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Thanks for sharing the info. Wolski is definitelly butter soft, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like those.

I have a hard time imagining Timmins saying he hated Schremp though. Not doubting what you said, but it's hard to imagine someone "hating" his game. He's a pretty flashy guy. Maybe he was talking about his interview impressions about the guy himself.

Probably like you said, his attitude, we don't need a "BAVEUX" in the city were the hockey was born...look at all our players, they are all dedicated to the team, to the city and most importantly to the fans...Chipchura will work his butt off...but what about Schremp...?

Laurentides 07-11-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
hrrmmm.... Do you always take a pad and pen with you so you can record your conversations? :joker:

This was from 2 days ago............ :mad:

Heille le cave j'ai juste écrit ca pour le monde sache kossé qui ma dit...déja que j'écris jamais sur hfboards tu me décourages pas mal. :banghead: En tk , c pas le genre de réplique je me m'attendais, en passant c Corey Locke qui ma le plus impressionné ( sauf que je sais qu'il n'y avait pas de contact)...

J'adore Kastsitsin sauf que Dagenais le battait lors des exercises de patin...j'aime pas trop ca voir ca

TRANSLATE: Hey dumbass, i was just written that so that so that everyone could know about it... i was never writing onb HFboards so that is not encouraging
me :banghead: ...
Any way, that was not the kind of reply i was awaiting, by the way its Corey Locke who impressed me the most out of the prospects ( but I know that there was no contact )

I loved Kastitsin but Dagenais beated him in speed drills , i a really worried :help:

Munchausen 07-11-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
That almost makes it sound like he was surprised someone was happy with the draft... hmm...

"Sounds" more like small talk to me.

EDIT: My guess is it was more along the lines of "were you happy?" and not "you were happy!?! :amazed:" ;)

Moumni_Bachir 07-11-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

This was from 2 days ago............ :mad:

Heille le cave j'ai juste écrit ca pour le monde sache kossé qui ma dit...déja que j'écris jamais sur hfboards tu me décourages pas mal. :banghead: En tk , c pas le genre de réplique je me m'attendais, en passant c Corey Locke qui ma le plus impressionné ( sauf que je sais qu'il n'y avait pas de contact)...

J'adore Kastsitsin sauf que Dagenais le battait lors des exercises de patin...j'aime pas trop ca voir ca

TRANSLATE: Hey dumbass, i was just written that so that so that everyone could know about it... i was never writing onb HFboards so that is not encouraging
me :banghead: ...
Any way, that was not the kind of reply i was awaiting, by the way its Corey Locke who impressed me the most out of the prospects ( but I know that there was no contact )

I loved Kastitsin but Dagenais beated him in speed drills , i a really worried :help:

Énerve toi pas pour un Nouveau Brunswickois, ils aiment ça avoir de l'attention, check Wilfred!! ;)

Natural Habs Fan 07-11-2004 10:43 PM

I would have told him to tell Gainey to get off his arse and sign Kovalev!

Also guys, :playnice:

The pad & paper comment was a joke, don't get so offended!

Munchausen 07-11-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan

I'm sure if Kovalev signs in Pittsburgh, it'll be for less than what we offered, which would be a clear indication that there was nothing we could have done (unless we pull a "Rangers" and offer him 9M per).

KingJarl 07-11-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

I suppose that Schremp just doesn't fit in the 'Gainey' mould. I guess demanding to be traded from your junior team doesn't show much leadership. Chipchura supposedly played the last half of his season on half a groin. He said he did it so his teammates would see that nothing could make him quit on the team. The resulting drop in his offensive stats put him right in our pockets. I'd bet Chipchura was in Montreal's top 5 most wanted.

Laurentides 07-11-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Énerve toi pas pour un Nouveau Brunswickois, ils aiment ça avoir de l'attention, check Wilfred!! ;)

Haha jsais ben sauf que c juste le fait que j'écris presque jamais pis qu'un pd réplique de meme callice que ca me fait rager........

en tk bonne chance a l'école nationale d'humour

Munchausen 07-11-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJarl
I suppose that Schremp just doesn't fit in the 'Gainey' mould. I guess demanding to be traded from your junior team doesn't show much leadership. Chipchura supposedly played the last half of his season on half a groin. He said he did it so his teammates would see that nothing could make him quit on the team. The resulting drop in his offensive stats put him right in our pockets. I'd bet Chipchura was in Montreal's top 5 most wanted.

I'd be willing to bet that even more than the "asking for a trade" incident, the fact he was benched by Dale Hunter in the playoffs sure didn't look good. That to me more than anything made him drop.

Natural Habs Fan 07-11-2004 11:53 PM

Like I just posted in the polls board...

:habs IP :habs URA

It was meant to be!

I think he'll turn out well. He has the potential to be a top 2 centre.

NewHabsEra* 07-12-2004 12:29 AM

Kessé ca Kostitsyn se fesait battre par Dagenais durant les exercises de patin???

Jcommence soudainement à m'Inquieter moi la... Rassurez moi kekun

Traitor8 07-12-2004 12:36 AM

Il porte des nouveaux patins..pis il est aussi fatigue parce qu'il a voyager de Russie a Montreal. Il a aussi dit qu'il etait juste a 50% de son potentiel.

KingJarl 07-12-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet that even more than the "asking for a trade" incident, the fact he was benched by Dale Hunter in the playoffs sure didn't look good. That to me more than anything made him drop.

For sure that'd play a part. Dale's obviously a tough nosed hockey player himself. He knows hockey... maybe Schremp's got a ton of personality but no character?

ngc_5128 07-12-2004 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir

We aren't all bad...those two are giving all us New Brunswickers (and Dalhousians) a bad name :D

fidette 07-12-2004 07:45 AM

Quote:

Haha jsais ben sauf que c juste le fait que j'écris presque jamais pis qu'un pd réplique de meme callice que ca me fait rager........

en tk bonne chance a l'école nationale d'humour

:shakehead

euh... susceptible un peu toi là.. Prend une grande respiration et enjoy the life! It was a joke.. see.. there is a "joker" right beside de quote...

Marc the Habs Fan 07-12-2004 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Kessé ca Kostitsyn se fesait battre par Dagenais durant les exercises de patin???

Jcommence soudainement à m'Inquieter moi la... Rassurez moi kekun

Read the other posts in this thread:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=90553

Everyone seems to be saying Kostitsyn's skating is not a problem and a strength. Maybe it's Dagenais' skating that has improved a hell of alot. :amazed:

mcphee 07-12-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Read the other posts in this thread:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=90553

Everyone seems to be saying Kostitsyn's skating is not a problem and a strength. Maybe it's Dagenais' skating that has improved a hell of alot. :amazed:

I don't think you can scout players too well from how they perform in drills. These are designed to improve skills more than to compare them. The scrimmages will tell more of a story. I remember Steve Shutt saying how Lafleur would mess up drills, and drive the coaches crazy in practice because he couldn't execute them. There are a lot of guys who don't necessarily get too mean in a corner drill but can get pretty determined when they're keeping score.

Mooch 07-12-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't think you can scout players too well from how they perform in drills. These are designed to improve skills more than to compare them. The scrimmages will tell more of a story. I remember Steve Shutt saying how Lafleur would mess up drills, and drive the coaches crazy in practice because he couldn't execute them. There are a lot of guys who don't necessarily get too mean in a corner drill but can get pretty determined when they're keeping score.

Very true. I was one of those type of players. I would suck at drills, and be great in scrimages. However i also use to stink it up in the games.

I wasen't much of a hockey player, or anything else for that matter, i guess......................

Russian Fan 07-12-2004 09:46 AM

Damn I would have like if someone would have talked to him about Korpikoski , was he in his plan ?

Belarus Rocket 07-12-2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Fan
Damn I would have like if someone would have talked to him about Korpikoski , was he in his plan ?

Yeah,I would have love to know that too he was one of my favorite for this draft

Firthbird 07-12-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan

Also guys, :playnice:

The pad & paper comment was a joke, don't get so offended!

Exactly