HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ference fined $2500 by NHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=906658)

PunkinDrublic* 04-22-2011 08:20 AM

" Sometimes the fingers in the glove get stuck "

This is the explanation from the Bruins. :handclap:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318567.html

RE-HABS 04-22-2011 08:23 AM

What about the distinct look and face gesture to the crowd too....guess that was all coincidence too???

NHL better not let him get away with that. If Wiz can get suspend for doing a "sexual gesture" to mock Avery, I think something like this is suspend-able as it is to the paying fan and oppositions fans.

But, this is the NHL and it is the Campbell Bruins, I mean Boston Bruins...nothing will happen, maybe a slap on the wrist or fine, if that.

coolasprICE 04-22-2011 08:25 AM

ya that's actually funny...

The league suspended Wiz when he was with the Isles earlier in the year for an obscene gesture to Avery...

This time it's a player doing it against a fan -- one would think that it's an automatic suspension.

RE-HABS 04-22-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 32575459)
ya that's actually funny...

The league suspended Wiz when he was with the Isles earlier in the year for an obscene gesture to Avery...

This time it's a player doing it against a fan -- one would think that it's an automatic suspension.

One would think, but then again this is the double standard NHL too.

Corncob 04-22-2011 08:28 AM

Bruins have a readymade list of excuses for any potential disciplinary incident:

"It was an accident"
"Wardrobe malfunction"
"His neck was broken when I got here"

LesCanadiens 04-22-2011 08:31 AM

Typical classes Bruins behavior. It trickles down from the top. If you only knew what I do about Neely. :laugh:

coolasprICE 04-22-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 32575482)
One would think, but then again this is the double standard NHL too.

This is true -- he also plays 18-20 mins a game... so it will have to be $2500 slap in the wrist and some off-season proper conduct counselling .

MTL-rules 04-22-2011 08:41 AM

After the "1001 nights"... here we have the "1001 excuses"... the Bruins are really the greatest team when it comes to over the top, dumb excuses. "Didn't know who was on the ice", "my finger got stuck"... please, talk about lack of character.

PunkinDrublic* 04-22-2011 08:44 AM

What an oppertunity he has given the Habs to take this picture, blow it up, and paste it on the dressing room wall. Thank you little man.:nod:

NJHABSFAN 04-22-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesCanadiens (Post 32575529)
Typical classes Bruins behavior. It trickles down from the top. If you only knew what I do about Neely. :laugh:

what that he is a classless ******* puke cry baby that never won a Stanley Cup

macavoy 04-22-2011 08:57 AM

I can't believe how much you guys let Boston affect you. Who cares what they say in the media, what kind of lame excuses they have for their stupidity. Stooping to their level and making fun of their excuses isn't the "classy" thing to do if you guys want to be classy.

Personally, I don't want a classy hockey team but thats probably also why I don't care how stupid the Bruins choose to act. Let them act like baffoons, its no skin off my back. But I don't feel the need to chastise their every mistake.

I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens and I care about what our team does. Boston is only 1 opponent out of 29 opponents. Why let one team bother you so much, by doing so, your letting them win.

PunkinDrublic* 04-22-2011 09:02 AM

^ huh ? Sorry bud, but hockey players just arent suppose to go around giving the crowd the finger. My kids were in that crowd.

JGRB 04-22-2011 09:10 AM

"Sometimes you forget where you are on the ice, and you push people head first into a stanchion".

Seems to be a recurring theme around those parts, I know somebody who is looking on smiling proud.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sGsFgKbBHW...ell+center.jpg

BLONG7 04-22-2011 09:11 AM

Stay Classy Mr Ference...you are a real role model...:shakehead

googlymoogly 04-22-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 32575850)
I can't believe how much you guys let Boston affect you. Who cares what they say in the media, what kind of lame excuses they have for their stupidity. Stooping to their level and making fun of their excuses isn't the "classy" thing to do if you guys want to be classy.

Personally, I don't want a classy hockey team but thats probably also why I don't care how stupid the Bruins choose to act. Let them act like baffoons, its no skin off my back. But I don't feel the need to chastise their every mistake.

I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens and I care about what our team does. Boston is only 1 opponent out of 29 opponents. Why let one team bother you so much, by doing so, your letting them win.

With all the crap and crying that the media has done about Subban, when you see what other players do then yes it should be brought up. Imagine if PK gave the crowd the finger, it would be shown on the View and a Presidential press conference would be held about PK's attitude.

Whitesnake 04-22-2011 09:18 AM

Geez at one point, if you're a Bruins and are real tough, how about just living with it and accept it? From "I don't know where I was on the ice" to "My finger got stuck"???? Come on...

I mean, we probably could expect such pathetic excuses coming from a soft team....but from a big bad tough Bruins team?

Anyway, time for us to give him and his team the finger they deserve by winning the next one. Next game is the test as to OUR determination. We saw Bruins determination last night....time for ours to shine.

Gary320 04-22-2011 09:25 AM

The actual one finger salute doesn't bother me at all.. Heat of the moment, stupidity happens.

The excuses and saying how it was an accident... that was far worse. Like this Boston Bruins team really feels they can do no wrong?

Anyway.. it's a after thought now.. who really cares about it? More important things to worry about.

macavoy 04-22-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlymoogly (Post 32576091)
With all the crap and crying that the media has done about Subban, when you see what other players do then yes it should be brought up. Imagine if PK gave the crowd the finger, it would be shown on the View and a Presidential press conference would be held about PK's attitude.

Thank you for bringing that up. My point, take a lesson from how our Habs players handle situations like this.

Bring it on. Let people say what they want about PK, he is strong enough that he doesn't allow other people's hate for him to affect him and bring him down. You don't see him crying, oh everybody hates me. He doesn't turn around and say "oh Mike Richards is a cry baby", he focusses on what he can do, how he can play the game.

That is my point. If our fanbase mimicked how our players act instead of mimicking how Boston's players act, we'd be a lot better off imo. In this thread and on the forum in general, our fanbase is basically acting the same way Boston's players are.

neofury* 04-22-2011 09:32 AM

I don't like Bouchard but he said during the break that the guy has a brain the size of a peanut :laugh:

Miller Time 04-22-2011 09:35 AM

it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

geez Ference, man up and take ownership.

Sad because he actually does seem to be a solid guy away from the ice. momentary poor judgement is one thing, but to try to weasel your way out of it like that... :shakehead

Whitesnake 04-22-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time (Post 32576350)
it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

geez Ference, man up and take ownership.

Sad because he actually does seem to be a solid guy away from the ice. momentary poor judgement is one thing, but to try to weasel your way out of it like that... :shakehead

Clearly, both Chara and Ference were in "Say to avoid suspensions" mode....but while they look dumb and dumber, they'll get away with it 'cause they're Bruins.

Crimson Skorpion 04-22-2011 09:45 AM

Man up, Ference. You scored a goal, you wanted to stick it to the crowd, so you gave them the finger. You're a really big guy, you're tough and bad, bla bla bla. Stop it with the bull crap excuse and just tell the truth.

He's already lost a lot of respect from people, lying about it won't win him back any of it.

Gary320 04-22-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 32576477)
Man up, Ference. You scored a goal, you wanted to stick it to the crowd, so you gave them the finger. You're a really big guy, you're tough and bad, bla bla bla. Stop it with the bull crap excuse and just tell the truth.

He's already lost a lot of respect from people, lying about it won't win him back any of it.

That's it.. thats all. Just said it was a heat of the moment thing and it didn't mean anything else besides that.. Don't come up with some lame excuse.. It's just sad..

I really don't care about the one finger salute.. the excuse is what bothers me.

Bullsmith 04-22-2011 09:55 AM

If it wasn't a Bruin, suspension would be automatic. But it was a Bruin, therefore all is forgiven by the NHL. Just like Chara didn't know who was on the ice, Ference had NO IDEA which finger he was showing to the crowd.

Gary320 04-22-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsmith (Post 32576612)
If it wasn't a Bruin, suspension would be automatic. But it was a Bruin, therefore all is forgiven by the NHL. Just like Chara didn't know who was on the ice, Ference had NO IDEA which finger he was showing to the crowd.

Doesn't matter which team he plays for. He gets a fine.