HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: Terry Murray Ready To Use Kopitar As An Excuse? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=906702)

Zad 04-22-2011 12:21 PM

Terry Murray Ready To Use Kopitar As An Excuse?
 
Quote:

I read with somewhat surprise the following quote from Terry Murray. Murrayís answer was in response to the question whether he intended to make any personnel changes going into Game 5 that might help turn things around.

Terry Murrayís response was:

ďIím playing what Iíve got. Kopitar is not coming back, guys. Heís got a broken leg. So you play with what youíve got. I can make some combination changes, maybe. Personnel-wise, I have Oscar Moller sitting there, sitting on the sideline. He would love to play. Youíve got (Davis) Drewiske and Peter Harrold. I take that into consideration. Oscar Moller played very good up there in Game 2, so Iíll think about that one.Ē

Q: Are you going to make any changes?

A: I am playing what Iíve got. Kopitar is not coming back. Heís got a broken leg. So you play with what you got.

Responsive to the question? No.

Taking a question defensively and giving an excuse? Very much so.
Click on the link for more.

http://lakingsnews.com/2011/04/22/la...-to-questions/

null33 04-22-2011 12:32 PM

Be nice to hear the actual question -- maybe the reporter opened up with a reference to Kopitar.

That said, the Murray hate is ... an interesting phenomenon. Somebody should pay for for the people's suffering. Where's the nearest volcano?

TonySCV 04-22-2011 12:37 PM

I really couldn't care less what Murray has to say about anything.

Some fans obsess over his every word and action or inaction. It's a waste of energy. Focus on the on-ice results.

The more interesting question is "Is Dean Lombardi ready to Use Kopitar as an excuse?", because that is THE question for Dean that he's going to have to answer. The roster will be stacked. It's not players. It's the power play and it's continuing mental lapses that need to be addressed.

I don't hate the guy. He's obviously trying what he believes is best and he's had success for long stretches this season and throughout his career. He's also had 2 consecutive playoffs where he's failed miserably (if he pulls out a miracle winning the next 3, he has a job next year, no questions asked).

The question as to whether or not it's good enough to give him one more season is Dean's to answer.

Duc620 04-22-2011 12:40 PM

Haters gonna hate....

Terry Murray doesn't need or use excuses.

DAkings20 04-22-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc620 (Post 32579188)
Haters gonna hate....

Terry Murray doesn't need or use excuses.

:laugh:

Ok Terry

no name 04-22-2011 01:40 PM

Kopitar is not much of an excuse. Sure, he's a big piece missing but the Kings are scoring at least 3 goals a game. The defesive system is not working in this series and has not worked in the playoffs the last two years. I've been a strong supporter of Murray but I just don't think he's the guy that will get the Kings where they need to be.

SLang 04-22-2011 02:43 PM

As an excuse for what? We have, what, 14 goals in this series? So no need to use Kopitar as an excuse for a lack of offense. Is it really going to get so ass-backwards that people might use Kopitar as an excuse for a lack of defense, since he's so good defensively?

That would be a neat trick.

Defgarden 04-22-2011 02:51 PM

You know, if the Kings were playing tight games, and losing 3-2 in OT (like the first game), I don't think anyone would really be concerned about TM. But, you give up 12 goals in 2 games, that's the issue. It's been silly.

Everyone knows the Kings are better with Kopitar, but it's not an excuse for what we've been seeing.

Sydor25 04-22-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defgarden (Post 32581302)
You know, if the Kings were playing tight games, and losing 3-2 in OT (like the first game), I don't think anyone would really be concerned about TM. But, you give up 12 goals in 2 games, that's the issue. It's been silly.

Everyone knows the Kings are better with Kopitar, but it's not an excuse for what we've been seeing.

That's an improvement over last season when they gave up 13 goals in 2 games. :p:

Zad 04-22-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc620 (Post 32579188)
Haters gonna hate....

Terry Murray doesn't need or use excuses.

When your defensive minded system and structure has its ass handed to it at the most critical time of the season, when it needs to perform its best and after 3 years of attempting to instill it in your "core" players, you bet YOUR ass he needs an excuse and by his own statement, he is implying Kopitar is that excuse. If Murray doesn't bring defensive acumen to the team and EVERYONE agrees that we are not a team built for offense, what possible damn purpose does he serve? What does he do? What was the point if it fails at the most critical time?

ShattStar03 04-22-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 32581660)
When your defensive minded system and structure has its ass handed to it at the most critical time of the season, when it needs to perform its best and after 3 years of attempting to instill it in your "core" players, you bet YOUR ass he needs an excuse and by his own statement, he is implying Kopitar is that excuse. If Murray doesn't bring defensive acumen to the team and EVERYONE agrees that we are not a team built for offense, what possible damn purpose does he serve? What does he do? What was the point if it fails at the most critical time?

I don't see an excuse in that statement, I think Murray is just pointing out the reality of the situation. Many of us are looking for a savior or a single adjustment that's going to win over this series.

Well as the old saying goes "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****".

Sydor25 04-22-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 32581660)
When your defensive minded system and structure has its ass handed to it at the most critical time of the season, when it needs to perform its best and after 3 years of attempting to instill it in your "core" players, you bet YOUR ass he needs an excuse and by his own statement, he is implying Kopitar is that excuse. If Murray doesn't bring defensive acumen to the team and EVERYONE agrees that we are not a team built for offense, what possible damn purpose does he serve? What does he do? What was the point if it fails at the most critical time?

Come on Zad, the Kings gave up 13 goals in 2 games against Vancouver at the most critial time of the season last year. The Kings only gave up 12 goals in 2 games this series.

That's an improvement! And they did it without Kopitar!! :yo:


Kings in 7!! :handclap:

JT Dutch* 04-22-2011 03:38 PM

... Terry Murray is really a beauty.

Terry: "Personnel-wise, I have Oscar Moller sitting there, sitting on the sideline. He would love to play. Youíve got (Davis) Drewiske and Peter Harrold. I take that into consideration. Oscar Moller played very good up there in Game 2, so Iíll think about that one."

Media: "So will you make any changes for game 5?"

Terry: "Nope."

Zad 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShattStar03 (Post 32581737)
I don't see an excuse in that statement, I think Murray is just pointing out the reality of the situation. Many of us are looking for a savior or a single adjustment that's going to win over this series.

Well as the old saying goes "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****".

The team is chicken **** now? Jesus. I have no words for that.

DIEHARD the King fan 04-22-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc620 (Post 32579188)
Haters gonna hate....

Terry Murray doesn't need or use excuses.

Ok, I'll play.

Reporter: Terry, when the players don't execute the system is that something you can or can not control?

Terry: (paraphrasing) I had TV timeouts, The players just werent listening.

(no the question above wasnt asked, but it should have been. Frankly Im sick of his tired act)

you see, no one asked him if he was going to put Koipitar back in the lineup. Everyone knows Anze is Out. So to mention it is to try to deflect from the fact that TM's on-ice decisions (line changes, ice-time and combinations) are lacking.

Im sure, when its all said and done (hopefully after game 7) and when DL comes out and defends TM and says he coached a great series, you'll be parroting that as proof that TM is a genius, and I, too, believe he is, just like that other Super genius: Wiley Coyote!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 32581660)
When your defensive minded system and structure has its ass handed to it at the most critical time of the season, when it needs to perform its best and after 3 years of attempting to instill it in your "core" players, you bet YOUR ass he needs an excuse and by his own statement, he is implying Kopitar is that excuse. If Murray doesn't bring defensive acumen to the team and EVERYONE agrees that we are not a team built for offense, what possible damn purpose does he serve? What does he do? What was the point if it fails at the most critical time?

When the whole dam breaks, duct tape and baling wire aint gonna help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 32581852)
Come on Zad, the Kings gave up 13 goals in 2 games against Vancouver at the most critial time of the season last year. The Kings only gave up 12 goals in 2 games this series.

That's an improvement! And they did it without Kopitar!! :yo:


Kings in 7!! :handclap:

Now we're talking!

Go KINGS GO!!!

Sydor25 04-22-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 32582243)
Now we're talking!

Go KINGS GO!!!

It's ****ing Friday! Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!

Scrivezina 04-22-2011 03:59 PM

I would have loved to heard a recording and the context of this interview. If he's making this out as an excuse for the whole team not playing better he should be given his pink slip. One person does not make a team.

Brad Doty 04-22-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Dutch (Post 32582094)
... Terry Murray is really a beauty.

Terry: "Personnel-wise, I have Oscar Moller sitting there, sitting on the sideline. He would love to play. Youíve got (Davis) Drewiske and Peter Harrold. I take that into consideration. Oscar Moller played very good up there in Game 2, so Iíll think about that one."

Media: "So will you make any changes for game 5?"

Terry: "Nope."

:laugh: Perfect snippet.

FrozenRoyalty 04-22-2011 08:59 PM

I don't have time to go into the details of what went on last night during Murray's press conference, but I can tell you, since I was sitting right in front of him at the time, he was NOT using Kopitar as an excuse for anything.

sjmay* 04-22-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty (Post 32588233)
I don't have time to go into the details of what went on last night during Murray's press conference, but I can tell you, since I was sitting right in front of him at the time, he was NOT using Kopitar as an excuse for anything.

Doesn't matter if he was or not, he brought up his name, so haters are going to twist that to make it look like he's using it as an excuse.

Hell, he could mention Gretzky and they would twist that saying he can't win because they don't have Gretzky ffs.

Zad 04-22-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty (Post 32588233)
I don't have time to go into the details of what went on last night during Murray's press conference, but I can tell you, since I was sitting right in front of him at the time, he was NOT using Kopitar as an excuse for anything.

That is an opinion. What we would like to know is simple - did the question ask about Kopitar?

Bandit 04-22-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 32580132)
Kopitar is not much of an excuse. Sure, he's a big piece missing but the Kings are scoring at least 3 goals a game. The defesive system is not working in this series and has not worked in the playoffs the last two years. I've been a strong supporter of Murray but I just don't think he's the guy that will get the Kings where they need to be.

I'm not defending Terry Murray, but Kopitar kinda plays a little D too.

Bandit 04-22-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLang (Post 32581167)
As an excuse for what? We have, what, 14 goals in this series? So no need to use Kopitar as an excuse for a lack of offense. Is it really going to get so ass-backwards that people might use Kopitar as an excuse for a lack of defense, since he's so good defensively?

That would be a neat trick.

No you're right, it's totally a coincidence that our 6 foot 3 center that plays about 1/3 of every game is out and we're getting scored on practically at will. Kopitar might as well just stand at the offensive blueline all game long and wait for home runs since he does nothing in the defensive zone.

etherialone 04-22-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 32582184)
The team is chicken **** now? Jesus. I have no words for that.

I agree


We lose one player granted our top center but still one player and now we are chicken poop? Well chicken poop to that entire line of thinking.

Great or even good coaches constantly manage to get significantly more out of what they have then they ought to and the rest blame everyone but themselves.

Our current coach is TM

He is going to do what he thinks is best for the team

I am going to support him until the end of the playoffs.

I am a bit shaken at TM's continuing habit of pointing the finger of blame at everyone from the fans to his "choking" goalies to the absence of one key player etc but never, not once not ever pointing the finger of blame at himself or his system but, until he isn't our coach he is our coach and that is that.

Same goes for every player on the ice. We are all in this together until we either lift the cup or are eliminated and that is that too.

I believe that we can beat the Sharks and I believe that this team as it stands today can be world beaters, it's up to them.

I believe we can win is what is most important to me.

Zad 04-22-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 32588665)
I'm not defending Terry Murray, but Kopitar kinda plays a little D too.

Which one of the 12 goals would he have prevented? :laugh: I kid, I kid, you know I love you man


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.