HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Artem Anisimov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=907161)

clmetsfan 04-23-2011 07:31 PM

Artem Anisimov
 
Let me say right off the bat that I'm an Anisimov fan, and I'm pleased with the strides that he made this year.

However, that being said, I think it's worth exploring what Sather can get for him on the trade market. He's a solid player on both ends, but I think he's a little too soft and slow to become a consistent top-6 player. He gets knocked off the puck too easily for a guy his size, he still hasn't quite learned to keep his head up, and while he has a good shot, he takes way too long to get it off.

Bottom line is that I think his value is never going to be higher, and with a real lack of true top-line talent on the team, I think packaging Anisimov and a couple other assets for a real stud offensive player would benefit us in the long run.

Thoughts?

Inferno 04-23-2011 07:34 PM

anyone is tradeable for the right return.

jas 04-23-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmetsfan (Post 32608825)
Let me say right off the bat that I'm an Anisimov fan, and I'm pleased with the strides that he made this year.

However, that being said, I think it's worth exploring what Sather can get for him on the trade market. He's a solid player on both ends, but I think he's a little too soft and slow to become a consistent top-6 player. He gets knocked off the puck too easily for a guy his size, he still hasn't quite learned to keep his head up, and while he has a good shot, he takes way too long to get it off.

Bottom line is that I think his value is never going to be higher, and with a real lack of true top-line talent on the team, I think packaging Anisimov and a couple other assets for a real stud offensive player would benefit us in the long run.

Thoughts?

I don't necessarily have a problem with offering AA in the right deal. In my mind, Stepan is a better option for 2nd line center, and Boyle, to me, looks like a legit 3rd line center. While I don't think Boyle will be a consistent 20 goal-scorer, I can see him reaching 15 goals on a fairly consistent basis. In my mind, right now, Artie's in between Stepan and Boyle in terms of upside. If the Rangers do sign Richards, you have a surplus at center, which can be used to address other needs. And, you can replace Artie in the upcoming draft.

BlueshirtBlitz 04-23-2011 07:38 PM

Move AA if it's part of a deal that will make this team a contender.

Otherwise, pass.

Darrelle Lundqvist 04-23-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 32608881)
anyone is tradeable for the right return.

This.

New York RKY 04-23-2011 07:42 PM

Everyone is tradeable.

I think something the Rangers should consider is moving AA and MDZ+ to Dallas for Loui Eriksson.

There is a the familiarity with Richards and a top line of Gaborik - Richards - Eriksson is DEADLY.

clmetsfan 04-23-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 32608881)
anyone is tradeable for the right return.

Well duh, obviously. If Detroit were to offer us Datsyuk and Zetterberg for Lundqvist I'd do it. My point is that I don't think Anisimov is going to get much better than he is now, and that he should be someone to actively shop rather than just be willing to trade if we're bowled over with an offer.

jas 04-23-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 (Post 32609074)
Everyone is tradeable.

I think something the Rangers should consider is moving AA and MDZ+ to Dallas for Loui Eriksson.


There is a the familiarity with Richards and a top line of Gaborik - Richards - Eriksson is DEADLY.

Why is Dallas even considering that?

Darrelle Lundqvist 04-23-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 (Post 32609074)
Everyone is tradeable.

I think something the Rangers should consider is moving AA and MDZ+ to Dallas for Loui Eriksson.

There is a the familiarity with Richards and a top line of Gaborik - Richards - Eriksson is DEADLY.

Dallas would laugh.

New York RKY 04-23-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 32609224)
Why is Dallas even considering that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 (Post 32609227)
Dallas would laugh.

LOL that's why I added the plus, maybe should have added the ++++++++

I know Dallas wouldn't take it but I really want Eriksson on the Rangers, in some shape or form.

dynamoovechkin 04-23-2011 07:57 PM

I was disappointed in Artie's progress this year. He got some good long looks on the top two lines and never really proved he belonged.

I was pretty excited when he lit it up in preseason last year, but the promise has gone unfulfilled. Nice third line player with some upside to maybe a second liner, but he is a guy that can be dangled in a trade to get some front end offensive talent.

Hate to give up on the homegrown talent, but I wish there was more intensity there.

gers* 04-23-2011 08:00 PM

if we sign richards and keep anisimov, he becomes our 3rd line center more than likely, i role which i think he will fit nicely.

New York RKY 04-23-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gers (Post 32609561)
if we sign richards and keep anisimov, he becomes our 3rd line center more than likely, i role which i think he will fit nicely.

I believe Arty would stay as our 2nd line center (because of the chemistry with Cally and Dubi) and Stepan would fall to the 3rd line because his line of Wolski and MZA had some chemistry at times.

gers* 04-23-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 (Post 32609643)
I believe Arty would stay as our 2nd line center (because of the chemistry with Cally and Dubi) and Stepan would fall to the 3rd line because his line of Wolski and MZA had some chemistry at times.

Guess it could play out either way. On one hand those three clicked this season, on the other Stepan has more offensive potential and Arty seems like he would fit better on a shutdown line. Guess we'll see how it plays out

BKBlackRanger 04-23-2011 08:10 PM

lol he is only 22...chill out

Tawnos 04-23-2011 08:11 PM

For the right return, fine. But to talk about him as if he's where he'll be for his career right now is ridiculous.

DMPD 04-23-2011 08:13 PM

I say we burn him, he's a witch!

KaraLupin 04-23-2011 08:27 PM

He definitely needs to work on his faceoffs in the off season.

nyrleetch 04-23-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 32609895)
I say we burn him, he's a witch!

:laugh: Needed a laugh tonight. Thanks!

Miller Time NYR 04-23-2011 08:36 PM

I've said it before and gotten alot of **** for it, he's a good defensive player no doubting that and the offense comes in spurts but with the centers we currently have an possibly coming soon if he is going to become our third line center he should be moved because to me he's worth MUCH MUCH more trade value wise than a third line center. Thas just my opinion.


And like people have said anyones tradeable for the right price, that erikkson proposal above is laughable tho.

Swept In Seven 04-23-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 32609895)
I say we burn him, he's a witch!

:laugh:

DMPD 04-23-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrieresSalary (Post 32610259)
He definitely needs to work on his faceoffs in the off season.

The whole team needs to work on those.

New York RKY 04-23-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 32610725)
The whole team needs to work on those.

I thought that's why we have Drury :sarcasm:

Swept In Seven 04-23-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black (Post 32610746)
I thought that's why we have Drury :sarcasm:

Only thing he is good for. If you are going to pay for a faceoff specialist, you better pay big or go home:sarcasm:

Chalfdiggity3 04-23-2011 09:48 PM

What would you say Artie and our 2 2nd round picks would get us in the draft? to have 2 top 15 picks this year would be sweet!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.