HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Im a proud Habs fan! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=907263)

NewHabsEra* 04-24-2011 12:14 AM

Im a proud Habs fan!

This thread is dedicated to my beloved team that makes me proud as a fan.. Maybe we lost our last 3 games but Ive the strong feeling that every guys in the line-up have put their heart everytimes they touched the ice in this serie..

Lets be realistic, we lost 3 very important players that cant be replaced easily this season, Markov at the begin of the season, Gorges near the middle and a young rising PF kid who was fitting perfectly on the second line in Paccioretty.. This team has had many opportunities to fall down and let the things degenerate this season but instead of giving up, they battled hard till the end with the disminished effectives in place.. I understand the desapointment, but not the hate regarding this group, they just dont deserve it, so instead whining like immature fans, lets try to act like men and recognize they left everything on the ice honoring the jersey!

Maybe they will lose that serie, but one thing is for sure, they can keep the head up!

BeBen* 04-24-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 32617850)
This thread is dedicated to my beloved team that makes me proud as a fan.. Maybe we lost our last 3 games but Ive the strong feeling that every guys in the line-up have put their heart everytimes they touched the ice in this serie..

Lets be realistic, we lost 3 very important players that cant be replaced easily this season, Markov at the begin of the season, Gorges near the middle and a young rising PF kid who was fitting perfectly on the second line in Paccioretty.. This team has had many opportunities to fall down and let the things degenerate this season but instead of giving up, they battled hard till the end with the disminished effectives in place.. I understand the desapointment, but not the hate regarding this group, they just dont deserve it, so instead whining like immature fans, lets try to act like men and recognize they left everything on the ice honoring the jersey!

Maybe they will lose that serie, but one thing is for sure, they can keep the head up!

stopped reading there

Raider917 04-24-2011 12:27 AM

im definitely not dissapointed with this group of players on this team. i think that they have played to ther best all year. the problem is in the management that assembled it.

i cant see a team like this winning more than 2 rounds ever. i wish that there could be a way to get rid of gomez. then there would be a chance to fix some holes but as long as his salary is there as a deadweight, i cant see it getting a lot better.

i like the young players like subban, price and pacioretty but how many more years until they are ufas? the gomez deal is for another 3? you get only five years after they get called up then the become ufas?

if thats true, i can see 1 maybe two years after the gomez deal that a big time forward or scorer could be signed before the UFA starts for them.

The Kremelin Wall* 04-24-2011 12:28 AM

Me too. I'm a physically and mentally drained one though.

Allez allez alllllezzz alllllezzzzz Montréal!

Clam_Chowder 04-24-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 32617850)

Agreed. Until last year, I couldn't have said that I was proud of the effort the Habs put in before being eliminated. But that run to the conference finals last year was incredible, and aside from the first two periods of game three, the Habs have put everything they had into this series. I'm loving this team. Win or lose, no one can say the Habs deserved to lose this series and be taken seriously.

NewHabsEra* 04-24-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeBen (Post 32618039)
stopped reading there

care to elaborate? I want a name just one name..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917 (Post 32618076)
im definitely not dissapointed with this group of players on this team. i think that they have played to ther best all year. the problem is in the management that assembled it.

i cant see a team like this winning more than 2 rounds ever. i wish that there could be a way to get rid of gomez. then there would be a chance to fix some holes but as long as his salary is there as a deadweight, i cant see it getting a lot better.

i like the young players like subban, price and pacioretty but how many more years until they are ufas? the gomez deal is for another 3? you get only five years after they get called up then the become ufas?

if thats true, i can see 1 maybe two years after the gomez deal that a big time forward or scorer could be signed before the UFA starts for them.

Well just add MaxPac to this line-up and we win this serie IMO, and everything is possible after ..

Belso 04-24-2011 01:44 AM

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip455191#clip455191

I am proud too.. Listen to Price at the 3:00 mark.. He could have bashed the team for now scoring goals.. But it's comment like this that makes me like the Habs..

And this is why I'm so pissed Boston is ahead. They are a bunch of ass holes, and I hate to see ass holes win...

RaMMuT 04-24-2011 01:49 AM

It aint ova untill its ova

and doing all this without markov, gorges or maxpac...i call it winning

lets bi-win this habs fans

Serious HABit 04-24-2011 01:49 AM

not proud.

habtastic 04-24-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 32618846)
http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip455191#clip455191

I am proud too.. Listen to Price at the 3:00 mark.. He could have bashed the team for now scoring goals.. But it's comment like this that makes me like the Habs..

And this is why I'm so pissed Boston is ahead. They are a bunch of ass holes, and I hate to see ass holes win...

This plus the million reasons why the Bruins should be brought down by none other than us. Ass holes to the max. And speaking of that, I'd appreciate it if he asked them for one small favour. His tweet was funny, but if it takes a little reminder at this point, I'd ask that he just be around the team. They'll do it for him. So far it hasn't been about that. But now, they seem to need more than motivation to hit empty nets. Do it for Max. Do what's right. Defeat this scourge.

Miller Time 04-24-2011 02:15 AM

proud of the team as a whole...

but really bothered by the utter lack of emotion of the management team when the B's scored.

there certainly is a time for measured detachment, but if you don't bleed bleu-blanc-rouge, if it's just another job amongst the various hockey jobs you've had, then I don't want you managing the team.

heck even Mr.Stoic himself (talking about Gainey) showed more emotion than that when the team dropped playoff games.

at that point in the game, unless PG doubles as Martin's coaching advisor, WTF else could Gauthier be working on that is SOOO important that he isn't emotionally invested in the outcome of the game.

hockey is a business, but sports is about passion... you have to balance both, and what I saw tonight reeked of a number cruncher who just doesn't care.

call me over-emotional, but I want the guy leading the team to give a **** more than just to keep his paycheck coming in...

BeBen* 04-24-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 32618785)
care to elaborate? I want a name just one name..

Pouliot

jlgib21* 04-24-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habtastic (Post 32618885)
This plus the million reasons why the Bruins should be brought down by none other than us. Ass holes to the max. And speaking of that, I'd appreciate it if he asked them for one small favour. His tweet was funny, but if it takes a little reminder at this point, I'd ask that he just be around the team. They'll do it for him. So far it hasn't been about that. But now, they seem to need more than motivation to hit empty nets. Do it for Max. Do what's right. Defeat this scourge.

His tweet was absolutely immature,idiotic,and brought us down to the bruins level.Who's to say that if we had their toughness and size,our guys wouldn't be A-Holes too.And we'd be loving every minute of it.

76ftw 04-24-2011 06:54 AM

Out of curiosity, what did Patches say?

jlgib21* 04-24-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76ftw (Post 32619725)
Out of curiosity, what did Patches say?

"This game is longer than Marchands nose. Just before Marchand scored.Sounds like a 12 yr old doing this,especially from the pressbox

76ftw 04-24-2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlgib21 (Post 32619749)
"This game is longer than Marchands nose. Just before Marchand scored.Sounds like a 12 yr old doing this,especially from the pressbox

I loled

jlgib21* 04-24-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76ftw (Post 32619754)
I loled

Before or after marchand scored ?

76ftw 04-24-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlgib21 (Post 32619768)
Before or after marchand scored ?

Wasn't watching the game at that time, so I dunno. Though I actually like Marchand from his junior years, so idk :/

Habs 4 Life 04-24-2011 07:44 AM

I'll always be proud, win or lose!

This is the best hockey city in the world

HCH 04-24-2011 08:18 AM

This team deserves our support. For the most part they have played to the best of their abilities. Sure, there have been occasional lapses but that happens on both sides of the puck... not just with the Habs.

There are doing as well as I had expected. At the moment, they are just out-manned. I know Boston is missing Savard but we are missing some key elements, too. Pacioretty, Markov and Gorges might have made the difference in a league that where the margin between good and bad is razor thin.

As a group, they have tried to the best of their abilities and that is all a fan can ask. They aren't done yet, but Martin's magical formula from last year isn't having the same effect. It's not the Halak was better than Price, it is all the little things that didn't quite bounce our way. Gionta's thwarted scoring attempt is a good example. It was a good play by Gionta but a great play by Thomas. How do you fault anyone on that?

Maybe the bounces will change but the uphill battle looks even steeper than last year. I am sure they put in another good effort and if they do, they can hold their heads high regardless of the outcome.

There will be changes... there always are.

The next step in the development of this team will have them winning games by solid margins when they put up this kind of effort. In other words, I expect next year's team to have more talent than this one. Injured players who are returning, the development of younger players and new faces in the lineup will provide that talent.

In the meantime, I am behind this group and look forward to seeing them as many times as I can for the remainder of the year.

optimus2861 04-24-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clam_Chowder (Post 32618263)
aside from the first two periods of game three, the Habs have put everything they had into this series.

The second half of game 4 - what is looking like the ultimate turning point of this series - says hi.

Born in 1909 04-24-2011 08:52 AM

I am proud of the team... and definitely not ashamed.

We are obviously missing key players for us (You know who they are).

The series had been 50/50 until Horton's goal double OT, imo... Now the ice tilts to Boston's side.

I won't write Montreal off yet... but missing open nets was BRUTAL :help:

Carey Price: now 7 - 14 in the PO :help:

WeThreeKings 04-24-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 32620388)
I am proud of the team... and definitely not ashamed.

We are obviously missing key players for us (You know who they are).

The series had been 50/50 until Horton's goal double OT, imo... Now the ice tilts to Boston's side.

I won't write Montreal off yet... but missing open nets was BRUTAL :help:

Carey Price: now 7 - 14 in the PO :help:

You do know that 4 of those losses are a series sweep that was not his fault? He's really 7-10. Which is not bad for a goalie of his age playing behind the team that he does.

Crimson Skorpion 04-24-2011 09:28 AM

I'm proud regardless of the Habs winning this series or not. I'm a proud Habs fan even if they don't make the playoffs. Nothing can take my pride away.

Born in 1909 04-24-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 32620434)
You do know that 4 of those losses are a series sweep that was not his fault? He's really 7-10. Which is not bad for a goalie of his age playing behind the team that he does.

Yes... I remember very well.

Still. its a shame for his stats...

Anyway, this is the Hab pride thread :handclap: