HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GDT: NYR Players in the World Championships (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=907770)

Fitzy 04-25-2011 11:18 AM

NYR Players in the World Championships
 
Latest attendance:

USA: McDonagh(Confirmed) Stepan(Confirmed) Kreider (Confirmed)

Slovakia: Gaborik (Confirmed)

Sweden: Lundqvist (Questionable)


Out: Dubinsky (Stress Fracture) Prospal (Leg maintenance, wants new contract) Marc Staal + Dan Girardi (Rest/lack of invite)

Mats Zuccarello (Broken Hand) Artem Anisimov (Fatigue)


Versus will air some of the games, with emphasis on the USA. Go U.S.

TheRedViper 04-25-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 32650187)
Latest attendance:

USA: McDonagh(Likely) Stepan(Likely)

Slovakia: Gaborik (Confirmed)




Out: Dubinsky (Stress Fracture)

Versus will air some of the games, with emphasis on the USA. Go U.S.

Nice, Stepan McDonagh and Kreider potentially on the US... Definately going to be paying attention to that.

TreeSapLlama 04-25-2011 11:22 AM

Does this put the notion of Gaborik having nagging injuries to rest then? I know he is patriotic, but I doubt any player plays the WCs injured. Olympics would be a different story.

GrizMint 04-25-2011 11:24 AM

Glad this thread was started, someone on the main thread brought up Boyles name, do you guys think he will get invited/do it?

OverTheCap 04-25-2011 11:31 AM

I think Anisimov will end playing for Russia as well.

Had a feeling Dubi's stress fracture was still bothering him, those things tend to linger. He played admirably nonetheless, we would have been swept if not for him.

So Gaborik's playing, meaning he must be healthy. That just makes it even more frustrating because there's really no logical explanation for why he played so poorly this year.

Barbara Underhill 04-25-2011 11:31 AM

Yeah I'd have to say this is a good indication that Gaborik wasn't playing hurt. Watch him light up the WC's lol.

Fitzy 04-25-2011 11:33 AM

As I said, our new style hurt Gaborik's production. He admitted it himself that the more grinding, defensive style cut down on his production.

Anisimov, Lundqvist, Staal, Boyle, Sauer are a couple guys I would look for to possibly go.

Barbara Underhill 04-25-2011 11:36 AM

Agreed Fitzy. Not sure where you stand heck I'm not even sure where I stand on moving him. But I think it's something you have to consider. Surely a GM in the Western conference would take him I think he's more suited to play there anyway.

94now 04-25-2011 11:36 AM

lundqvist must be going to Germany to play for Sweden. Zuccarello-Aarsen will play for Norway.

Does IIHF pay players for WC?

MorrisWanchuk 04-25-2011 11:37 AM

hopefully MacDonagh and Stepan can convince Kreider to come to training camp and play NHL hockey next year

Fitzy 04-25-2011 11:38 AM

I'd trade Gaborik for Dustin Brown without a thought. But I'm pretty sure he is coming back next year, and I'd stand to bet that he'll top 30 goals, which is acceptable.

I'll be interested to see how he does for his home country.

MorrisWanchuk 04-25-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizMint (Post 32650344)
Glad this thread was started, someone on the main thread brought up Boyles name, do you guys think he will get invited/do it?

i doubt it, but would be stoked for him if he does get a call

Fitzy 04-25-2011 11:43 AM

If players are confirmed in or out, post em in here and I will add them to the original post.

I hope to draw up a team USA roster before the first game (April 30th, Sunday at 9:15 A.M.)

Barbara Underhill 04-25-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 32650625)
I'd trade Gaborik for Dustin Brown without a thought. But I'm pretty sure he is coming back next year, and I'd stand to bet that he'll top 30 goals, which is acceptable.

I'll be interested to see how he does for his home country.

Agreed. A guy like Brown would fit us well if Sather can fleece Lombardi he will. It will be interesting to see how Gaborik does in the WC. I hope he can produce again for the Rangers. Either way this off season will be interestng.

silverfish 04-25-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94now (Post 32650597)
lundqvist must be going to Germany to play for Sweden. Zuccarello-Aarsen will play for Norway.

Does IIHF pay players for WC?

Zucc's hand is broken

Tawnos 04-25-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tube Sock (Post 32650500)
Yeah I'd have to say this is a good indication that Gaborik wasn't playing hurt. Watch him light up the WC's lol.

Pretty sure that Gaborik would still play hurt to be in the WCs in his home country.

NYRFAN218 04-25-2011 11:57 AM

Henrik said he'll be deciding in the next couple of days, Prospal already declined.

terrrrrible 04-25-2011 12:00 PM

Any idea when VERSUS will start broadcasting games? I looked on their schedule for this weekend, and when USA is scheduled to play their first game, they have PROFESSIONAL BULL RIDERS in there.

Ih8theislanders 04-25-2011 12:01 PM

I thought Sauer and Boyle would get invites. Guess there's still time.



Also, does Staal get invited for Canada?

EmpireStateofMind 04-25-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrrrrible (Post 32651107)
Any idea when VERSUS will start broadcasting games? I looked on their schedule for this weekend, and when USA is scheduled to play their first game, they have PROFESSIONAL BULL RIDERS in there.

It says that they'll be airing the USA v Austria game from 10 - 12:30 pm on Saturday. Just checked on the TV Guide.

pwoz 04-25-2011 12:11 PM

Hank needs to rest.

Ola 04-25-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama (Post 32650292)
Does this put the notion of Gaborik having nagging injuries to rest then? I know he is patriotic, but I doubt any player plays the WCs injured. Olympics would be a different story.

Our doctors would never let him go if he had the slightest injury...

Bardof425* 04-25-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 32651138)
I thought Sauer and Boyle would get invites. Guess there's still time.



Also, does Staal get invited for Canada?

Sauer should get an invite. Boyle? Why? Don't you want the Americans to win?

MaximusT 04-25-2011 01:19 PM

Anisimov will almost definitely play for Russia I think

Ih8theislanders 04-25-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 32652605)
Sauer should get an invite. Boyle? Why? Don't you want the Americans to win?

Have you seen our forwards so far?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.