HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   News Article: Lubomir Visnovsk Not Nominated for Norris Trophy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=907772)

High Glove 04-25-2011 11:24 AM

Lubomir Visnovsk Not Nominated for Norris Trophy

Quote:

Hockey fans familiar with Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" might be interested in penning a summer-time fable called "A Norris Carol" this June, as this year's nominees for the NHL's top defenseman could just as easily represent top blueliners past, present and future. The nominees for the 2011 Norris Trophy were announced Monday as Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom, Boston's Zdeno Chara and Nashville's Shea Weber.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=560924

Ridiculous.:shakehead

Unholy 04-25-2011 11:26 AM

Really voters? :help:

Corey Perry* 04-25-2011 11:37 AM

uh.......:cry:

DuckshaveaRPG 04-25-2011 11:37 AM

really cmon he outscored everybody Lidstrom by six point chara by 24 and webber by 20 his plus minus also better than lidstrom who has -2 why lubo has +18 webber is only +8 chara is +33. he also has the most GWG of the three with 4 and the highest shooting % at 11.84% and he dont get a nomination. can some please tell me what you have to do to get one then ?

duckaroosky 04-25-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG (Post 32650615)
really cmon he outscored everybody Lidstrom by six point chara by 24 and webber by 20 his plus minus also better than lidstrom who has -2 why lubo has +18 webber is only +8 chara is +33. he also has the most GWG of the three with 4 and the highest shooting % at 11.84% and he dont get a nomination. can some please tell me what you have to do to get one then ?

Play in the eastern time zone :dunno:

Fighter 04-25-2011 11:49 AM

No comment :help:

McDonald19 04-25-2011 11:59 AM

Wow...just wow....

:shakehead

Static 04-25-2011 12:01 PM

The voters got it right. Visnovsky was a great offensive dman for us this year, but come on, the guy didn't even play on the kill. He wasn't one of the top three overall defensmen this year, he was one of the top three offensive defensmen this year. There is no shame in that.

Consider this: Niedermayer, who in 2006 lost the norris, was miles and miles and miles better than Visnovsky was this year.

Unholy 04-25-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X (Post 32651131)
The voters got it right. Visnovsky was a great offensive dman for us this year, but come on, the guy didn't even play on the kill. He wasn't one of the top three overall defensmen this year, he was one of the top three offensive defensmen this year. There is no shame in that.

Consider this: Niedermayer, who in 2006 lost the norris, was miles and miles and miles better than Visnovsky was this year.

I'm not saying he is a clear cut winner, but to not even get the nomination? That is just wrong. Two of the three got in more on their reputation than their good year.

Elvs 04-25-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X (Post 32651131)

This is true. However, Visnovsky is better defensively than Mike Green who was a nominee before. I thought he was worthy of a nominee, but someone else should win it. The fact that he didn't play the all star game probably didn't help his case either.

Perhaps the best offensive defenseman in the game isn't too shabby though. Not to mention that he's often out against the enemy's top players. Too bad that he's injured, I'm sure he would have like to play in the world championship now that it's in Slovakia.

Third best defenseman in Ducks history. If not for the hattrick I don't think we'd make the postseason. Thanks for a great season Lubo!

Static 04-25-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfold (Post 32651194)
I'm not saying he is a clear cut winner, but to not even get the nomination? That is just wrong. Two of the three got in more on their reputation than their good year.

Visnovsky wasn't one of the three best defensmen this year. He just wasn't good enough defensively to be in that tier. How can you say he was one of the three best dmen if the coach doesn't think he's good enough defensively to be on the 1st PK unit?

Unholy 04-25-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X (Post 32651301)
Visnovsky wasn't one of the three best defensmen this year. He just wasn't good enough defensively to be in that tier. How can you say he was one of the three best dmen if the coach doesn't think he's good enough defensively to be on the 1st PK unit?

Somebody tell Mike Green his nominations don't count because he doesn't play defense.

Really hard for Lubo to get 1st PK time when you have Lydman and other good shot blockers on this team. He should have been at least nominated for his great offensively play, while mentioning he wasn't horrible defensively..

Static 04-25-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfold (Post 32651357)
Somebody tell Mike Green his nominations don't count because he doesn't play defense.

Really hard for Lubo to get 1st PK time when you have Lydman and other good shot blockers on this team. He should have been at least nominated for his great offensively play, while mentioning he wasn't horrible defensively..

If he was one of the top three dmen in the league it wouldn't have been "really hard" to get minutes over anyone in any situation. Mike Green's nomination was a joke, why does that mean that mistake needs to be repeated again?

I have more of a problem with Lidstrom getting nominated than Visnovsky not getting nominated.

Unholy 04-25-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X (Post 32651432)
If he was one of the top three dmen in the league it wouldn't have been "really hard" to get minutes over anyone in any situation. Mike Green's nomination was a joke, why does that mean that mistake needs to be repeated again?

I have more of a problem with Lidstrom getting nominated than Visnovsky not getting nominated.

I have a problem with both so we can just leave it as half-agreeing with eachother :laugh:

c4rcy 04-25-2011 12:21 PM

Having the 2nd highest +/- on the team says something. They played against the top lines all year. It's a shame it boils down to the eastern time zone.

TheFlyingV 04-25-2011 12:23 PM

He just didn't have enough as an offensive defensive to be nominated. He doesn't have tattoos, a ********* haircut nor does he ride to practice on a moped.

Gibson Les Palms 04-25-2011 12:24 PM

Weber deserves it imo. No idea why Chara is there and we all knew golden boy would be chosen. It's really too bad Lubo wasn't at least nominated, although I'm not entirely surprised.

c4rcy 04-25-2011 12:42 PM

If Weber doesn't win it, it'll be a shame. But seriously, Lubo not even getting a nomination is unreal.

alx83* 04-25-2011 12:46 PM

If Mike Green got nominated before, Visnovsky absolutely should have been nominated. Visnovsky may be an offensive defenseman, but he's a lot more two-way than the term implies. This is an atrocity.

KelVarnsen 04-25-2011 01:10 PM

Pretty big snub IMO......

KpopandHockey 04-25-2011 01:12 PM

Sharks fan here (hate the Ducks)

Seeing Chara above Visnovsky makes me laugh, though. What has he done this year that has been amazing? :facepalm:

Sean Garrity 04-25-2011 01:32 PM

By no means did Inexpect Visnovsky to win, but he definitely deserved to at least be nominated.

CRSeven 04-25-2011 01:41 PM

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I think we Stars fans know what this guy is capable of.

We played agaisnt all these players this season.

The player I most freared when they were on the ice was Lubo for sure.

JtotheLew 04-25-2011 01:58 PM

I don't think he should have won by any stretch of the imagination, but he should have at least gotten a nomination based on his stats alone. I would take Chara, Weber or Lidstrom over Vis any day but in the past the voters have been heavily swayed by offensive #'s ( Greens come to mind ), not to mention Lidstrom has 6 Norris trophy's already and Chara has 1.. Spread the wealth! :)

johnjm22 04-25-2011 02:05 PM

Absolute rubbish. Infuriating.

There's absolutely no reason why Lidstrom deserves the nomination over Lubo.

Clear East Coast bias. What a joke. :rant: