HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Twitter: News and Notes from Breakup Day (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=907798)

Loffen 04-25-2011 12:24 PM

News and Notes from Breakup Day

The guys were cleaning out their lockers today. Some tidbits... http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

Quote:

- Drury says going into contact year not something he worries about. Says he's fine with limited playing role.
Quote:

- Biron says he'll be fine in a "couple of weeks." Won't start skating immediately but says he'll be fine for start of training camp.
Quote:

- Avery says he needs to play like he did in playoffs all time to be best for Rangers. Can't obsess over penalties and turnovers.
Quote:

- Dubinsky says pain in his feet didn't go away until he switched to a softer skate boot late in season.
Quote:

- Speaking personally Christensen said shock of Game 4 loss carried over to first period of Game 5.
Quote:

- Gaborik says he's sure Sather will do all he can to bring in more offensive talent. Would like to click with a center.
Quote:

- Gaborik says he bought into Rangers grinding, defensive system. Trick, he says, is to find balance between that and producing more.
Quote:

- Staal says he was dealing with soreness on outside of left knee and also pointed to spot on inside but says all he needs is rest.
Quote:

- Dubinsky hoping for much smoother contract negotiations this time: "I want them, they want me...Let's not waste each other's time."
Quote:

- Boyle also wants a quick negotiation with Rangers, says there's no better place to play.
Quote:

- Prospal wants to play next season, hopes it's with Rangers. Will try to strengthen quads to help right knee.
Quote:

- Callahan says he did his part when it comes to a new contract, now up to others. Obviously Rangers want/need their future captain back.
Quote:

- Callahan says he'll be off crutches in a week or so. Ankle injury will not significantly alter his summer training or keep him from camp.
Quote:

- Gaborik said he's had a couple of frustrating seasons in Minnesota, always came back strong the next season. Says he's very motivated.
Quote:

- Dubinsky said adjustment back to center in playoffs was harder than he expected. Says he prefers playing left wing.
Quote:

- Lundqvist said it was tough at beginning of season to get used to not playing as much with Biron around but felt strong and fresh at end.

NYR Sting 04-25-2011 12:27 PM

I'm glad to see Dubinsky say that about playing LW. Please, no more playing with his role. Keep him at LW, where he's clearly more effective. I understand that they were just trying to find an offensive spark, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point that he's not a center.

Anthony Mauro 04-25-2011 12:30 PM

not much to be happy about:

drury back to torture us more.
prospal still won't give it up and retire.
dubi and cally talking business.
dubi spent playoffs in a spot where he was uncomfortable.
gabby unhappy with current lineup.
gabby has changed game (not sure if excuse or he's happy about current personal style)
christensen still emo.

life as a ranger fan still the same.

LotsOfHags 04-25-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Drury says going into contact year not something he worries about. Says he's fine with limited playing role.
:shakehead

Sather needs to improve this team offensively asap. I love the confidence of all the guys though, can't wait till next year!

MSG the place to be* 04-25-2011 12:34 PM

Gaborik bought into the system? Something not adding up in my head.

Loffen 04-25-2011 12:35 PM

http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers

When Lundqvist talks about how everyone has to get better, "starting with me," I want to ask him what the hell he's talking about.

LOL, so true.

AJRanger 04-25-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 32651875)
http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers

When Lundqvist talks about how everyone has to get better, "starting with me," I want to ask him what the hell he's talking about.

LOL, so true.

I read it, paused and read it again. I know Hank likes to saddle the blame, but he's not the one that needs to get better here.

Loffen 04-25-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJRanger (Post 32652027)
I read it, paused and read it again. I know Hank likes to saddle the blame, but he's not the one that needs to get better here.

I know. There are times I wish he would just call out the team instead. Imagine if we could score some goals... Damn.

nevesis 04-25-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 32651957)
...to Sweden, where he continued to play. But I love the argument that quitting shows more pride than continuing to try and give effort in the face of monumental obstacles. Great mindset to live by.

Open your close minded eyes to a simple concept.

Chris Drury's cap hit.

His production.

End of discussion.

Clowes Line 04-25-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:
- Dubinsky hoping for much smoother contract negotiations this time: "I want them, they want me...Let's not waste each other's time."

Quote:
- Callahan says he did his part when it comes to a new contract, now up to others. Obviously Rangers want/need their future captain back.

Glad to see Dubinsky doesn't want to be a ****** this time around. Hopefully it'll get done very smoothly and quickly.

Not to sure what Callahan means with his quote. I don't know if he is trying to say I did my ****ing part, now I want my money, or if he is just saying he is ready to negotiate... Would like someone else's input on Callahan's quote please. Very scared with Drury's quote...

RangerBoy 04-25-2011 12:54 PM

The contract stuff will probably drag on to July. Qualifying offers are due on June 27. Can file for arbitration on July 5. The hearings will be scheduled a few days later. The Rangers will come to terms with those players between July 5 and their hearing dates.

RangerBoy 04-25-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

#Rangers Coach Torts on baggie day "everybody wants to win and it sucks losing but hey we are going to stay the course - and be patient.
https://twitter.com/#!/BruceBeck4NY/...74726542925826

allstar3970 04-25-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 32651760)

christensen still emo.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is hilarious

lJuicel 04-25-2011 12:56 PM

Drury does sound like hes coming back..........sadly.
I'm not sure what to think of Cally, he was great.....but what is a fair price for him ?

RangerBoy 04-25-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrangers4life10 (Post 32652226)
Quote:

Quote:

Glad to see Dubinsky doesn't want to be a ****** this time around. Hopefully it'll get done very smoothly and quickly.

Not to sure what Callahan means with his quote. I don't know if he is trying to say I did my ****ing part, now I want my money, or if he is just saying he is ready to negotiate... Would like someone else's input on Callahan's quote please. Very scared with Drury's quote...

Callahan has an agent Steve Bartlett who will handle his business. Bartlett and Sather will negotiate the contract.

RangerBoy 04-25-2011 12:59 PM

Just because Drury is planning to come back doesn't mean he will be back. His NMC can't block a buyout if the Rangers plan to buy Drury out.

Clowes Line 04-25-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 32652389)
Callahan has an agent Steve Bartlett who will handle his business. Bartlett and Sather will negotiate the contract.

So Callahan is saying he did his part (goals, assists, working his god damn ass off every night, etc...) and now it is up to Sather and his agent? I thought he was being a dick about it, guess not. That's very good to hear, i don't see Cally as an ass at all and I'm happy it will stay that way

abev 04-25-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 32652343)
#Rangers Coach Torts on baggie day "everybody wants to win and it sucks losing but hey we are going to stay the course - and be patient.https://twitter.com/#!/BruceBeck4NY/...74726542925826

I didn't like Tortorella when he first came here. The only good thing I could say about him was I was fortunate enough to see him thrown out of two separate games (once in NJ, once in NY) in the span of about a month.

But he's seemed to have abandoned the "I've got something to prove my way or the highway" mentality and shifted more towards "I've got a plan and we're all following through with it."

bubba5 04-25-2011 01:06 PM

Why would Drury not come back?????Would any of you turn down 7 million, especially when you will never come close to making that much in one year for the rest of your life.

Anthony Mauro 04-25-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

- Drury says going into contact year not something he worries about. Says he's fine with limited playing role.
asking the current drury about his contract year is like asking a 99 year old in a nursery home what exciting things they are going to be looking forward to doing in the next year...

Beacon 04-25-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba5 (Post 32652600)
Why would Drury not come back?????Would any of you turn down 7 million, especially when you will never come close to making that much in one year for the rest of your life.

He won't make that much the rest of his life combined. That's his last payoff. He'll spent the rest of his life spending what he's earned playing hockey.

His after-tax income over course of his career was probably about $25-30 million.

Even assuming he already spent half of it on his home, fun, etc. that's still enough to make half a million a year off of very safe investments that bring back 3-4% annually with little or no risk.

Nice life if you have the talent to make it work.

Clowes Line 04-25-2011 01:15 PM

just wondering, do the players and Sather have to wait until June 25th to start resigning? Is there any way to have the players resigned before then or are you not allowed to resign until June 25th? Also, even if they have to wait until June 25th to sign, do they have to wait till then to start negotiating?

Ail 04-25-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 32651760)
not much to be happy about:

drury back to torture us more.
prospal still won't give it up and retire.
dubi and cally talking business.
dubi spent playoffs in a spot where he was uncomfortable.
gabby unhappy with current lineup.
gabby has changed game (not sure if excuse or he's happy about current personal style)
christensen still emo.

life as a ranger fan still the same.

LOL! hahahahaha, oh man I lost it. hahahahahaha :handclap:

The one quote from the poor guy, and of course it is negative. hahahaha

Ail 04-25-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba5 (Post 32652600)

Yes. Some of us have a conscience and would lose sleep at night knowing we're being given more money then some people could make in 3 lifetimes for doing basically nothing.

Not everyone on the planet is a greedy ********. Although sometimes you wouldn't know it.

Cmox 04-25-2011 01:41 PM

Torts does not want Drury back. Lol

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Torts on Drury: "Dru is getting older. That's why he has a chronic knee."
6 minutes ago

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Torts says "intangibles" that a player like Drury brings has to be considered but "you can't let intangibles override other things.