HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injury Report: Lower Body - Sullivan out for game 4 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=911060)

Everlong 05-04-2011 05:07 PM

Lower Body - Sullivan out for game 4

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=561944

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Predators coach Barry Trotz said veteran wing Steve Sullivan will sit out Game 4 of Nashville's Western Conference Semifinals series with Vancouver with a lower-body injury.

Sullivan got tangled up with a Vancouver player and hobbled off the ice to the locker room with 3:10 left in regulation on Tuesday in Game 3 and did not return.

Trotz said he has two options to replace Sullivan: veteran J-P Dumont and 21-year-old Colin Wilson. Wilson played in all 82 regular-season games but has been a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

Wilson participated in warm-ups on Tuesday and Trotz said he was close to putting him in the lineup.

"Yeah, Willie's ready," Trotz said. "I was really thinking about putting him in last night. I told him to get ready. It would be a warm-up decision. I feel he's ready for the postseason. He's a young guy, talented. He's a big body. His play at the end of the year wasn't where I wanted it to be. And no one allowed him to get into that first series because everyone played well."

Out from the shadows, Wilson cometh. From my perspective it looked like it was the knee on knee collision. Forget who he ran into, but it was an accident.

AEM6729 05-04-2011 05:14 PM

Sad for Sully. Have we seen his last game as a Pred?

But, great for Wilson. Take this and run with it!

predfan24 05-04-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEM6729 (Post 32869146)

My thoughts as well. As messed up as it is this injury is probably the best thing for the team. I doubt Wilson gets much ice but hopefully he can make something happen in those minutes.

Joe T Choker 05-04-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEM6729 (Post 32869146)

I honestly believe this is the end of the line for Mr Sullivan

Enoch 05-04-2011 05:55 PM

It was Hamhuis who knee-on-kneed Sullivan. I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for more than just Game 4.

I love Sullivan. This may be a blessing in disguise because it allows Sullivan to continue as a motivator, rest a game or two, and for us to give Wilson a chance. If we go with Dumont, he has been a playoff stud in the past, but against the Canucks, I want to see Wilson get his chance. He has the size and skill to shake the flow up a little.

kypredsfan 05-05-2011 01:09 AM

Bring on Wilson!!!

sparkle twin 05-05-2011 04:25 AM

If Wilson gets the call, I hope he really uses the benching as motivation. Hopefully he realized what he needs to do to stay in the lineup in the NHL...and especially in the postseason. Keep working hard Willy!!

Basher 05-05-2011 05:38 PM

I guess I'll go ahead and call the Wilson hat trick. Got nothing to lose...

PredsV82 05-08-2011 01:15 PM

Any further word on sullys injury?

Eddy Punch Clock 05-08-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 32931985)
Any further word on sullys injury?

Apparently his lower body injury has spread to his upper body. A team of doctors are working around the clock to keep it from spreading to his inner body.

Everlong 05-08-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock (Post 32932044)
Apparently his lower body injury has spread to his upper body. A team of doctors are working around the clock to keep it from spreading to his inner body.

:laugh::handclap: