HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Callahan to VAN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=911202)

CanucksFaaN 05-05-2011 01:11 AM

Callahan to VAN
 
What would it take VAN to have Callahan, love to see him in nucks jersey.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 01:12 AM

A massive overpayment.

JeffMangum 05-05-2011 01:14 AM

Ryan Kesler.

gotmonte 05-05-2011 01:14 AM

he's the NEXT CAPTAIN.

You wont be getting him. Sorry. Close the thread

NaturalIce 05-05-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 32877187)
Ryan Kesler.

Exactly what I came here to post.

qwertyaas 05-05-2011 08:28 AM

As others said, nothing but a huge overpayment. His value to the Rangers is huge.

Freudian 05-05-2011 08:36 AM

The phrase "heart and soul" is overused in hockey, but there are few players where it fits better than Callahan. Just look at how the Rangers crumbled when he went down. Dubinsky fades away when he doesn't play with Callahan.

It would cost quite a bit to pry Callahan away from Rangers.

dethomas07 05-05-2011 09:03 AM

kesler

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 05-05-2011 09:10 AM

Not available.

Vote for Rory 05-05-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone (Post 32877187)
Ryan Kesler.

Nice try.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vote for Rory (Post 32880771)
Nice try.

That's what it would take. The OP asked what it would take. Your team has nothing else we need except for first line talent. Were not going to trade you our future captain, who would have put up 30 goals and 65 points this year, had it not been for injuries for anything else.

The OP is a Vancouver fan, no Ranger fan in their right mind would advocate trading Callahan, or else they'd probably be shunned from our boards for life.

What it would take is Kesler, otherwise, adios.

Csonked Out 05-05-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32880888)
That's what it would take. The OP asked what it would take. Your team has nothing else we need except for first line talent. Were not going to trade you our future captain, who would have put up 30 goals and 65 points this year, had it not been for injuries for anything else.

The OP is a Vancouver fan, no Ranger fan in their right mind would advocate trading Callahan, or else they'd probably be shunned from our boards for life.

What it would take is Kesler, otherwise, adios.

Obviously Kesler won't be leaving and we can also say the same for Callahan, but what if Vancouver had a deal built around Edler and Hodgson or something just for ***** and giggles.

HANDZ 57 05-05-2011 11:35 AM

Some people are just so greedy.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingbooya (Post 32881121)
Obviously Kesler won't be leaving and we can also say the same for Callahan, but what if Vancouver had a deal built around Edler and Hodgson or something just for ***** and giggles.

No..

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:41 AM

It's a nice deal though, I'm just against trading Callahan, like most Rangers fans. I would need a legitimate leader and someone who can put up points. The backlash from fans if he was traded would be insane.

digdug41982 05-05-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32881243)
No..

Really? I like Callahan a lot, but Edler would help the Rangers win more games than him. I guess it depends on what you look for. For me, it's wins.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 32881270)
Really? I like Callahan a lot, but Edler would help the Rangers win more games than him. I guess it depends on what you look for. For me, it's wins.

We really don't need help on defense. Callahan leaving would cause more of a void than Edler would fill.

legendinblue 05-05-2011 11:43 AM

He's the Rangers' heart and soul.

Csonked Out 05-05-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 32881270)
Really? I like Callahan a lot, but Edler would help the Rangers win more games than him. I guess it depends on what you look for. For me, it's wins.

That's what I was thinking, and that is a huge payment from the Nucks for a player like Callahan. Figured he would be a nice puckmover that the Rags need.

digdug41982 05-05-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32881280)
We really don't need help on defense. Callahan leaving would cause more of a void than Edler would fill.

Staal/Girardi-good top pairing D
Del Zotto/ ???-needs a top pairing quality D
Sauer/McDonagh-good third pairing D

Am I missing someone?

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingbooya (Post 32881295)
That's what I was thinking, and that is a huge payment from the Nucks for a player like Callahan. Figured he would be a nice puckmover that the Rags need.

It's a legitimate proposal, but personally I say no, as I think rangers management would as well. The reason it would have to be Kesler is because he is a skilled player and leader who can play in all types of in-game situations.

Right now, that's much more vital to the Rangers than a d-man. The Rangers could package a better deal of prospects and players for Edler if they really wanted to make a run at him.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 32881362)
Staal/Girardi-good top pairing D
Del Zotto/ ???-needs a top pairing quality D
Sauer/McDonagh-good third pairing D

Am I missing someone?

Staal Girardi - Good Top Pairing
Sauer McD - Good 2nd pairing
Del Zotto/V-Tank/McIlrath/Kundratek/UFA - 3rd pairing.

As you see, we have a surplus of d-men. Yes, Edler would be nice, but the Rangers would offer up another package that would not include Callahan if they were to make a run at him. Something like

Girardi
Del Zotto
Horak
1st

digdug41982 05-05-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32881396)
Staal Girardi - Good Top Pairing
Sauer McD - Good 2nd pairing
Del Zotto/V-Tank/McIlrath/Kundratek/UFA - 3rd pairing.

I know the Rangers have a lot of good D prospects coming up, but what you have above is not a Cup winning D. Look at all the teams that have won the Cup or made it to the finals since the lockout and you won't see anything like what you guys have. Plus, if you're going to pay Lundqvist that much, build as good of a defensive team around him as possible. But if the Rangers aren't going all out for a Cup this year, then yeah, just develop your guys and go after it in future years.

Noonansgoal 05-05-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 32881362)
Staal/Girardi-good top pairing D
Del Zotto/ ???-needs a top pairing quality D
Sauer/McDonagh-good third pairing D

Am I missing someone?

Del Zotto played most of this season in hartford, because his play was just not nhl calibre. That said, he is only 20 and has a 37 point season under his belt from ihs rookie season, and just went through a sophmore slump this year, but he's still an asset. Not even close to a number 2 pairing defenceman right now though.

Secondly, Sauer/MCD are our number 2 pairing, and frankly IMHO, are a legitimate number 2 pairing, and considering their ages (23 and 21? respectively), will only get better. They logged a ton of minutes for us down the road and were just stellar.

I really think NYR are solid in their top 4, so unless they move someone in that top 4 for the right price in a trade for Edler, I agree with whoever said that moving cally for edler would create a bigger hole for the rangers.

Noonansgoal 05-05-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 32881492)
I know the Rangers have a lot of good D prospects coming up, but what you have above is not a Cup winning D.

See, I don't think that's necessarily fair to say for certain. Considering that they are one of the youngest d-core's in the league, and considering their play this season and rate of development, IMHO there's not way you can say that with that kind of conviction.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.