HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor - Nyr (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=911260)

Drew311 05-05-2011 09:02 AM

Tor - Nyr
 
To Toronto:

Derek Stepan
Chris Drury

To NYR:

Nazem Kadri
Carl Gunnarsson
TOR 2011 2nd


Leafs get a nice young centre who is much further along in development than Kadri, which gives the Leafs a better shot at the playoffs next year. Kadri may turn out to be a bit of a project and Burke may decide not to wait on him.

NYR gets Drury off the books which leaves plenty of room to sign Richards and re-sign Dubinsky and Callahan. With Richards and Dubinsky as their top 2 centres NYR can give Kadri time if required.

With Stepan, the Leafs top-6 is set. Drury would be a solid 3rd line centre for the Leafs, if he goes on LTIR again he'll come off the cap anyways.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 05-05-2011 09:07 AM

we do not want Chris Drury unless he is bought out then perhaps we may try to sign him as the #3 center because lets be serious he can't be worse then Bozak

Mansfield 05-05-2011 09:08 AM

I'd make that trade without Drury and the pick. Otherwise no dice.

And yes, Drury could be worse than Bozak. Could.

Miller Time NYR 05-05-2011 09:10 AM

Actually nvm, were not looking to help you out with a top 6 center for scraps and not having drurys cap hit, I'll pass and bite the bullet that is drury if need be.

U want stepan we want schenn

LEAFANFORLIFE23 05-05-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansfield (Post 32880052)
I'd make that trade without Drury and the pick. Otherwise no dice.

And yes, Drury could be worse than Bozak. Could.

no he can't be worse then what was Bozak? -30? with 15 goals and 29 points? he was AWFUL

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 09:12 AM

Absolutely not. There's no way in hell were giving up stepan or anisimov, just so we can get drury off the books. I'll take one more year of his asinine contract to keep those two guys.

Mansfield 05-05-2011 09:18 AM

Bozak was -29 playing on the first line, which is wayy too much for him to handle. I can't see him being that bad on the third.

But Stepan is far from proven as well.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 09:21 AM

Stepan is going to be a huge part of this franchise going forward, unless someone overpays, he won't be going anywhere.

In addition, the only way I can see him being traded, is for a legitimate first line player, which Kadri is clearly not.

jmart21 05-05-2011 09:25 AM

OP take note, you are going to see a lot of this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32880107)
Absolutely not. There's no way in hell were giving up stepan or anisimov, just so we can get drury off the books. I'll take one more year of his asinine contract to keep those two guys.


Rags fans don't want to move assets to get rid of Drury. They'd be just as happy watching the NYR keep him and ride out the deal.

Mansfield 05-05-2011 09:27 AM

I agree with NYR keeping drury. He only has one year left, no point losing assets.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 32880269)
OP take note, you are going to see a lot of this:




Rags fans don't want to move assets to get rid of Drury. They'd be just as happy watching the NYR keep him and ride out the deal.

It's really annoying and condescending when people constantly use the term "rags."

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 05-05-2011 09:35 AM

I'd rather buy out Drury and keep Stepan (or AA).

LEAFANFORLIFE23 05-05-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32880335)
It's really annoying and condescending when people constantly use the term "rags."

thats what the rangers were for YEARS it's a force of habit

jmart21 05-05-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32880335)
It's really annoying and condescending when people constantly use the term "rags."

You're telling a leafs fan about how it feels to be talked to in an annoying and condescending way? Ever heard the term "Laffs"? Ever seen a thread centred around Bozak/Phaneuf/Kessel/Reimer/Kadri?

The amount of **** that gets directed towards my fanbase based on a handful of idiots and troll accounts making trade proposals and touting medicore players is unreal. I tried to come in as a voice of reason and explain to a fellow-fan that your team is not interested in giving up thier quality assets for a few lesser prospects and a little cap space; hoping this would try and prove that not all Leaf fans are absolute retards. But apparently the only thing you could focus on was the word "rags".

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 32880462)
You're telling a leafs fan about how it feels to be talked to in an annoying and condescending way? Ever heard the term "Laffs"? Ever seen a thread centred around Bozak/Phaneuf/Kessel/Reimer/Kadri?

The amount of **** that gets directed towards my fanbase based on a handful of idiots and troll accounts making trade proposals and touting medicore players is unreal. I tried to come in as a voice of reason and explain to a fellow-fan that your team is not interested in giving up thier quality assets for a few lesser prospects and a little cap space; hoping this would try and prove that not all Leaf fans are absolute retards. But apparently the only thing you could focus on was the word "rags".

Because it gets thrown around here more than it should and i find it absolutely ridiculous. Their are always going to be dumb trolls on HF that constantly condescend your team and fanbase, but does that make it ok for you to do it as well.

Ever heard the saying treat others as you want to be treated? It's one thing to throw terms like that around on your home board, it's another to bring it into an attempt at a civilized conversation.

You seem to feel fairly annoyed when people call the Leafs, "Laffs." Well, I feel the same way when you use Rags.

seanlinden 05-05-2011 09:48 AM

This trade is so far off it's not even funny.... yes Stepan is further ahead in his development than Kadri, but that doesn't mean he's worth losing Kadri + Gunnarsson + a pick for. Drury and his contract is absolutley ubsurd...

A more reasonable proposal would be Drury for Komisarek..

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 32880596)
This trade is so far off it's not even funny.... yes Stepan is further ahead in his development than Kadri, but that doesn't mean he's worth losing Kadri + Gunnarsson + a pick for. Drury and his contract is absolutley ubsurd...

A more reasonable proposal would be Drury for Komisarek..

:facepalm:

beastly115 05-05-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 32880596)
This trade is so far off it's not even funny.... yes Stepan is further ahead in his development than Kadri, but that doesn't mean he's worth losing Kadri + Gunnarsson + a pick for. Drury and his contract is absolutley ubsurd...

A more reasonable proposal would be Drury for Komisarek..

1 year of Drury is WAY better than 3 years of Komisarek even with their terrible cap hits.

vezna* 05-05-2011 10:26 AM

nope we keep kadri

Liferleafer 05-05-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 32880596)
This trade is so far off it's not even funny.... yes Stepan is further ahead in his development than Kadri, but that doesn't mean he's worth losing Kadri + Gunnarsson + a pick for. Drury and his contract is absolutley ubsurd...

A more reasonable proposal would be Drury for Komisarek..

But on a positive note, you could replace Giggy's contract with Drury's on your avatar.:laugh:

jmart21 05-05-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 32880784)
1 year of Drury is WAY better than 3 years of Komisarek even with their terrible cap hits.

I'm not so sure about that. Komi, while overpaid; is an effective bottom pairing guy. Just don't go above 15mins/game with him lol.

He's still an effective shutdown guy that isn't afraid to rough guys up. The quality of his play just seems to be very dependant on the play/style of his partner. Lebda was(is) a disater with him.

I'd like to see him paired with a guy that is calm with the puck and can make the outlet pass (would have loved to see him paired with Kabs). He had his best seasons in MTL with Markov when he could just make the hit and throw the puck to his partner.

I'd like to see Komi-Gunnar next year, but I'd imagine Gunnar will be on the 2nd pairing with Schenn. So maybe a UFA?


Anyways; I can't say I watch too much of Drury, so I'm sure you could make a similar argument for him.

Cheers

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 32881355)
I'm not so sure about that. Komi, while overpaid; is an effective bottom pairing guy. Just don't go above 15mins/game with him lol.

He's still an effective shutdown guy that isn't afraid to rough guys up. The quality of his play just seems to be very dependant on the play/style of his partner. Lebda was(is) a disater with him.

I'd like to see him paired with a guy that is calm with the puck and can make the outlet pass (would have loved to see him paired with Kabs). He had his best seasons in MTL with Markov when he could just make the hit and throw the puck to his partner.

I'd like to see Komi-Gunnar next year, but I'd imagine Gunnar will be on the 2nd pairing with Schenn. So maybe a UFA?


Anyways; I can't say I watch too much of Drury, so I'm sure you could make a similar argument for him.

Cheers

It has nothing to do with his serviceability, it has to do with the Rangers have a TON of defensive prospects who are ready for the NHL. There would be absolutely no benefit to having Komi on the Rangers for 3 years when we have Del Zotto, V-Tank, Kundratek, Pashinin and McIlrath in the pipeline. Were not even going to be able to fit all of these guys in the lineup if they pan out, since our top 4 is pretty much set for 5+ years. Komi would be an absolute waste of space and would end up rotting in the minors with Redden.

Drew311 05-05-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 32881355)
I'm not so sure about that. Komi, while overpaid; is an effective bottom pairing guy. Just don't go above 15mins/game with him lol.

He's still an effective shutdown guy that isn't afraid to rough guys up. The quality of his play just seems to be very dependant on the play/style of his partner. Lebda was(is) a disater with him.

I'd like to see him paired with a guy that is calm with the puck and can make the outlet pass (would have loved to see him paired with Kabs). He had his best seasons in MTL with Markov when he could just make the hit and throw the puck to his partner.

I'd like to see Komi-Gunnar next year, but I'd imagine Gunnar will be on the 2nd pairing with Schenn. So maybe a UFA?


Anyways; I can't say I watch too much of Drury, so I'm sure you could make a similar argument for him.

Cheers

Not sure if you actually watched Komisarek this year.

He was paired with Kaberle at the start of the season....disaster.

He was paired with Gunnarsson in mid season....disaster.

We all know the Lebda/Komisarek debacle. No matter what partner he's paired with he is continually on the ice for goals that happen because of blown coverage. He has absolutely no hockey sense. There's not an NHL scout that would watch Komisarek play and tell his GM that it would be a good idea to acquire him through trade.

TMLOBI 05-05-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 32880079)
Actually nvm, were not looking to help you out with a top 6 center for scraps and not having drurys cap hit, I'll pass and bite the bullet that is drury if need be.

lol are you serious? Kadri and Gunnarsson are scraps? That is funny. "U" can figure it out for "uself"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 32880079)
U want stepan we want schenn

And I want a blow job from Scarlett Johansson ... it's just not going to happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckface NYR (Post 32880223)
Stepan is going to be a huge part of this franchise going forward, unless someone overpays, he won't be going anywhere.

In addition, the only way I can see him being traded, is for a legitimate first line player, which Kadri is clearly not.


That is how Burke feels about Kadri. Only trade him for a legitimate first line centre which Stepan is clearly not. I'm not sure many GM's will trade their first line centre for a prospect or a guy who has played one season, yes 45 points in 82 games in a rookie campaign is decent. But that's about it.

Good luck.. I'd rather keep Kadri and Gunnar than trade them for scraps.

Puckface NYR* 05-05-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLOBI (Post 32881605)
Good luck.. I'd rather keep Kadri and Gunnar than trade them for scraps.

Lol @ you thinking Stepan is a "scrap." Just unbelievable how naive some people are around here.

Kadri may be your current first line center, but he's certainly not a "first line center." Stepan is better than him, right now.

I really can't believe you just called Stepan a scrap. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.