HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How close is Grachev? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=911626)

BrianNYR 05-06-2011 11:15 AM

How close is Grachev?

Will he need another year in the AHL?
AA played 2 years in the AHL before making the bump. What do you think EG's chances are at camp?

Vitto79 05-06-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianNYR (Post 32899346)
Will he need another year in the AHL?
AA played 2 years in the AHL before making the bump. What do you think EG's chances are at camp?

all depends on who they bring in. I think he has a shot for sure since he improved in the AHL this yr. Another yr won't hurt though. A guy like Hagelin may pass him too, going to be fun!

Dustin Peener 05-06-2011 11:22 AM

1 more year in the AHL, may possibly be called up as injury cover and impress like McD and MZA did and stay on the roster

t3hg00se 05-06-2011 11:52 AM

Grachev - Richards - Gaborik

Awwwww Yeaaaaaaah. :sarcasm:

New York RKY 05-06-2011 12:25 PM

Mostly likely another half year or year in Hartford.

He is slowly getting better and as he matures and learns to use that big frame of his I still think he could be 50 or so point player.

n1cON 05-06-2011 12:28 PM

I expect to see him the half of the season @ the whale. But who know´s how hard he´ll prepare himself for the next season.

Beacon 05-06-2011 12:30 PM

The Rangers will add a Left Wing this year. It will be either Grachev, Kreider or Hagelin. I am not sure which one of them it will be, nor am I thinking that Grachev is the favorite among them.

However, I will predict that at least one of them should be able to make it.

I think the one good argument for waiving Wolski would be to clear the space for needed for one of the rookies.

Trxjw 05-06-2011 12:31 PM

Tough to say how close he is. He showed a considerable amount of improvement in the 2nd half of the season. He's a classic example of a player with NHL level talent, but hasn't quite put all of the pieces together yet. His compete level and his decision making need some work, but he certainly has an NHL level shot, size and skating ability.

Gotta be patient with him, but I think this is going to be an extremely important year for his development. I'd imagine the organization is really hoping to see a significant improvement in his production.

Alvvays 05-06-2011 12:32 PM

He's NHL-ready in a bottom-6 role, but, offensively, there needs to be improvement in his consistency.

Orr Nightmare 05-06-2011 12:41 PM

He just needs time to develop.

Guy is learning how to use his body...he has been in the States for 3 years...

Look @ Nick Palmieri of the Devils, he was drafted the year before EG...it took him time to develop but now they have a nice young player.

Even if he is not ready this coming year...I am not looking to ship him out of town for Mike Grier...

Let this guy develop and he will reward us.

Look how long it took John LeClaire to develop...

Callahan Auto 05-06-2011 12:47 PM

Big guys can take a little longer to develop (see: Brian Boyle) but I wouldn't be shocked to see him make the team out of camp even though I don't expect that. I really think he can develop into this team's Tomas Holmstrom. Not because of style of play per say but because of expected point totals and importance to the team. Holmstrom didn't make the Wings until he was in his mid-20s and we should give big E as much time as he needs.

Zuccarello Awesome* 05-06-2011 12:48 PM

only Evgeny knows.

hockeyman001 05-06-2011 02:01 PM

I think one more year in the AHL then he will be ready for third line duty a year later. Big power type forwards almost always take longer to develop, and if he is to be a good player, that's what he'll have to be because he doesn't have the skating not to be.

nyr2k2 05-06-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome (Post 32901047)
only Evgeny knows.

I think Evgeny would tell you he's ready now. But so would 90% of the guys in the AHL.

We'll see in camp. He made great strides as his AHL season progressed. I think he'll need another year up in Hartford.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-06-2011 02:31 PM

Just an admittedly premature hunch, but I think Torts eats this guy alive and it doesnt end well.

SlingshotVv 05-06-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare (Post 32900932)
He just needs time to develop.

Guy is learning how to use his body...he has been in the States for 3 years...

Look @ Nick Palmieri of the Devils, he was drafted the year before EG...it took him time to develop but now they have a nice young player.

Even if he is not ready this coming year...I am not looking to ship him out of town for Mike Grier...

Let this guy develop and he will reward us.

Look how long it took John LeClaire to develop...

or oleg kvasha.

oh wait..

Pizza 05-06-2011 02:38 PM

He's closer to being an impact player in the AHL. That shows progress over the past year. As long as he keeps progressing, maybe another season in the A give or take. I'd love to see him develop into a solid 50 -60 point player, but at this point who knows. Kid has the basic tools though, that's for sure.

FutureGM97 05-06-2011 02:41 PM

If he plays next season like he was in the second half of the AHL season, then he will be up here but hes going to have to do that if he wants any chance.

Orr Nightmare 05-06-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingshotVv (Post 32902556)
or oleg kvasha.

oh wait..

possible, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and not ready to wave the white flag...

Fitzy 05-06-2011 02:45 PM

Close?

This team needs skill forwards and speed up front.

Grachev at this point has not shown the hand, shot, or pure scoring ability to make it as a top 6 guy in the NHL, and if he wanted a career as a 3rd line grinder with some scoring, he becomes rather low priority in our prospect group.

We need to get faster. Both Kreider and Hagelin offer that, Grachev does not. He isn't a massive disruption in front of the net either, like the Holmstrom this team so desperately needs.

Long story short, while he, Weise, and Werek are guys that could potentially fill 4th line roles for this team, their development is not too important, considering how cheap 4th liners can be signed out of UFA these days.

Orr Nightmare 05-06-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 32902743)
Close?

This team needs skill forwards and speed up front.

Grachev at this point has not shown the hand, shot, or pure scoring ability to make it as a top 6 guy in the NHL, and if he wanted a career as a 3rd line grinder with some scoring, he becomes rather low priority in our prospect group.

We need to get faster. Both Kreider and Hagelin offer that, Grachev does not. He isn't a massive disruption in front of the net either, like the Holmstrom this team so desperately needs.

Long story short, while he, Weise, and Werek are guys that could potentially fill 4th line roles for this team, their development is not too important, considering how cheap 4th liners can be signed out of UFA these days.

So we should dump Boyle then because he fits into that category.

wolfgaze 05-06-2011 03:13 PM

He should stay in the AHL until he can show some consistency with his offensive production.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare (Post 32902980)
So we should dump Boyle then because he fits into that category.

Huh? Feds - Boyle - Prust are perfect for a bottom 6 role. Only reason they got so much playing time this past season is because the other lines and configurations were so inconsistent and they displayed good chemistry.

GAGLine 05-06-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 32902743)
We need to get faster. Both Kreider and Hagelin offer that, Grachev does not.

Not sure which scouting reports you've been reading, but Grachev is very fast and a very good skater.

wolfgaze 05-06-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 32903304)
Not sure which scouting reports you've been reading, but Grachev is very fast and a very good skater.

I'd say when he wants to be. During the past two pre-seasons, the guy isn't always moving his feet.

free0717 05-06-2011 03:44 PM

from what I read from Squishy and Jarkko Immonen on the Hartford Whalepack Boards
Grachev is real close. Something needs to click and he will be a Major Player in the AHL. How that translates to the NHL, I dont know.

Both Squishy and Jarko say he is always moving his feet this year.