HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2011-12 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=911874)

BrianA 05-07-2011 02:46 AM

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2011-12 Season Thread
 
Burnett needs to find offense with his draft or through trade of 1 of their goalies and their potential OA,s.

To Burnett:PLEASE,PLEASE,no mind numbing 1-4 traps that are not only boring but ineffective.

I will be anticipating the opinions on Bulls picks.

chaosrevolver 05-08-2011 06:20 PM

I like the picks.

1. Jordan Subban - Love it..just saw a compilation on him and he reminds me so much of P.K.

2. Mack Lemmon - Drawing comparisons to Clutterbuck and Beleskey...I hope he brings the same hard-hitting style and some scoring touch as well.

3. Alex Carnevale - I've heard some say he could be one of the biggest two-way surprises in the draft. However, I've also heard some say he won't be anything but a decent 3rd liner. Most recent comparison I heard was Matt Tipoff.

4. Aaron Berisha - Any time you can get the OHL Cup MVP in the 4th round..you pull the trigger.

Also very interested in our sixth rounder...6"4, 230 lbs and had 45 points this season.

Tigers1992 05-08-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosrevolver (Post 32936268)
I like the picks.

1. Jordan Subban - Love it..just saw a compilation on him and he reminds me so much of P.K.

2. Mack Lemmon - Drawing comparisons to Clutterbuck and Beleskey...I hope he brings the same hard-hitting style and some scoring touch as well.

3. Alex Carnevale - I've heard some say he could be one of the biggest two-way surprises in the draft. However, I've also heard some say he won't be anything but a decent 3rd liner. Most recent comparison I heard was Matt Tipoff.

4. Aaron Berisha - Any time you can get the OHL Cup MVP in the 4th round..you pull the trigger.

Also very interested in our sixth rounder...6"4, 230 lbs and had 45 points this season.




He probably will not be coming. He has a commitment to Michigan State University. Its a good gamble if they can change his mind.

chaosrevolver 05-08-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 32936690)
[/B]

He probably will not be coming. He has a commitment to Michigan State University. Its a good gamble if they can change his mind.

Hopefully they can. 6th round..can't complain with a risk like that.

Tigers1992 05-08-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosrevolver (Post 32940513)
Hopefully they can. 6th round..can't complain with a risk like that.

He would have been a 1st rounder if he was fully committed to the OHL.

Spitzman 05-08-2011 09:52 PM

Bulls Fans are going to love Lemmon....he hits like a truck.

chaosrevolver 05-08-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTHLfan (Post 32940749)
Bulls Fans are going to love Lemmon....he hits like a truck.

So he's a lot like Clutterbuck?

Cause that's the comparison I read. A guy who can play and hit.

canucks20 05-08-2011 11:22 PM

I was hoping that Burnett would focus more on goal scoring and points from the draft but saying that I still like how things turned out.

Subban was obviosuly coming to Belleville and even though Baptiste could have helped out in an obvious need Subban is an elite talent that will be exciting to watch in the next few years.

Mack Lemmon is a guy who at first I was not to crazy about the pick but after reading more about him the more excited I get. This is a team that is easy to play against and scares no one. Lemmon will give the Bulls a much needed edge and grit to their game and will also help with scoring. The kid also seems to have great make up and really wants to be a Bull.

If Carnevale turns out to be a bit better than Tipoff I will be happy. A guy that can do it in both ends of the ice is what wins you games and is what Burnett loves. Carnevale will be a favorite with Burnett if he plays as advertised.

Berisha kept getting better and better as the year went on. This could be a great steal in round 4. This kid outplayed all the big names in the biggest tournament of the year. I love a pick like that in round 4

Smokler will be sent to junior a and hopefully can continue to improve there. Has all the tools and is already a big boy for his age and will only continue to get bigger. Great pick for round 5.

McCarron is a great pick but I doubt we ever see him in a Bulls uniform. As mentioned before he has commited to university and I read in an earlier interview froma few years ago that he wants to go USHL-UNI-NHL. A lot can change but I will be shocked if he comes to the OHL, really hope he does though. The article talked about how he is a hard worrking kid that took it upon himself to seek extra practice by himself to get better. Coaches say he is always improving and has the best work ethic on the team. That is a player that I want on my team and hoping Burnett can persuade him to BelleVegas.

Looking forward to a busy summer and seeing Burnett trade for offence. Altshuller is going to school in the States is what I am hearing from a lot of different people so I hope that changes quickly because either him or Teichmann should get a decent return. Also looking forward to gaunce, brassard, sandlak and curtis all stepping up next year. Have a feeling they will break out and it will be a good year for the Bulls

Dufus 05-10-2011 12:16 PM

So aside from OA's, who's not coming back?

BrianA 05-11-2011 04:32 PM

Article on Bulls 3 American picks and comparing to Tangradi who went to prep school for a year before reporting.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleD...aspx?e=3119088

Quick recap of Bulls picks
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleD...aspx?e=3115597

BrianA 05-11-2011 05:01 PM

The 1991 birth dates are Bathgate,Judson,Payerl,Mackie and Krupp.
Krupp will not be back.
Judson will be,though his stature as a Burnett and fan favorite is not performance based.I hope injuries were his reasons for a lacklustre season.He was virtually invisible in a large number of home games.
The other 3 will look for pro opportunities but could be back or available for trade.

Dufus 05-12-2011 11:56 AM

Hmmmm...looking at the '91s...obviously Underwood is gone and if Krupp doesnt return...what's the D look like? What's the F's look like in your opinion?

BrianA 05-14-2011 06:13 PM

Goal will have 2 of Subban,Teichmann and Altshuller.The other traded.

Defense will have Silas,Strong,Basso,Morris,Subban and Bignell.Competing will be Snelling(94)and Smokler(5th rnd)
A wild card is Pomeroy who is a late American pick.

Forwards will include Curtis,Brassard,Gaunce,Sandlak,Corson and Simmonds.
Judson will be 1 of the OA,s.Bathgate,Payerl or Mackie will be in play for other 2 OA spots.
Draft picks Lemmon,Carnevale and Berisha should be Bulls.
The wild cards are 2 Americans McCarron and McKenzie.
Corbeth and Kaminsky are on the bubble.
Late picks(94,s or 95,s)who have a great camp will be in play.

Burnett will make a trade or 2.

Dufus 05-15-2011 07:42 AM

Goal will have 2 of Subban,Teichmann and Altshuller.The other traded.

YEAH I AGREE!

Defense will have Silas,Strong,Basso,Morris,Subban and Bignell.Competing will be Snelling(94)and Smokler(5th rnd)
A wild card is Pomeroy who is a late American pick.

I THINK COMPETING FOR THE 6TH/7TH D WILL BE BIGNELL/SNELLING. SMOKLER WILL PROBABLY BE WELLINGTON BOUND FOR DEVELOPMENT. POMEROY HAS OTHER LOCAL OPTIONS - USNTDP AND USHL, PROBABLY WILL NOT SHOW.

Forwards will include Curtis,Brassard,Gaunce,Sandlak,Corson and Simmonds.
Judson will be 1 of the OA,s.Bathgate,Payerl or Mackie will be in play for other 2 OA spots.

MY THOUGHT HERE IS JUDSON/PAYERL WILL BE OA'S WITH BATHGATE/MACKIE BATTLING FOR THE 3RD.

Draft picks Lemmon,Carnevale and Berisha should be Bulls.

AGREED!


The wild cards are 2 Americans McCarron and McKenzie.
Corbeth and Kaminsky are on the bubble.
Late picks(94,s or 95,s)who have a great camp will be in play.

Burnett will make a trade or 2

LETS SEE WHAT PLAYS OUT!

Sudsy62 05-20-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 33051761)
Goal will have 2 of Subban,Teichmann and Altshuller.The other traded.

YEAH I AGREE!

Defense will have Silas,Strong,Basso,Morris,Subban and Bignell.Competing will be Snelling(94)and Smokler(5th rnd)
A wild card is Pomeroy who is a late American pick.

I THINK COMPETING FOR THE 6TH/7TH D WILL BE BIGNELL/SNELLING. SMOKLER WILL PROBABLY BE WELLINGTON BOUND FOR DEVELOPMENT. POMEROY HAS OTHER LOCAL OPTIONS - USNTDP AND USHL, PROBABLY WILL NOT SHOW.

Forwards will include Curtis,Brassard,Gaunce,Sandlak,Corson and Simmonds.
Judson will be 1 of the OA,s.Bathgate,Payerl or Mackie will be in play for other 2 OA spots.

MY THOUGHT HERE IS JUDSON/PAYERL WILL BE OA'S WITH BATHGATE/MACKIE BATTLING FOR THE 3RD.

Draft picks Lemmon,Carnevale and Berisha should be Bulls.

AGREED!


The wild cards are 2 Americans McCarron and McKenzie.
Corbeth and Kaminsky are on the bubble.
Late picks(94,s or 95,s)who have a great camp will be in play.

Burnett will make a trade or 2

LETS SEE WHAT PLAYS OUT!

No one has commented on the goalie the Burnett got in the 7th rnd (Charlie Graham). This kid is a great goalie and should have gone earlier. I would say that George stole him in the 7th! He may not be ready to crack the line-up but it looks like the Bulls goaltending is shaping up real nice for the next few years!

jasper11 05-24-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianA (Post 32990013)
The 1991 birth dates are Bathgate,Judson,Payerl,Mackie and Krupp.
Krupp will not be back.
Judson will be,though his stature as a Burnett and fan favorite is not performance based.I hope injuries were his reasons for a lacklustre season.He was virtually invisible in a large number of home games.
The other 3 will look for pro opportunities but could be back or available for trade.

You sure have a lot to say about the players, but they are not the ones who made the trades and draft picks to put the team in this situation. Bathgate and Judson are 3rd and 5th round draft choices and you've done nothing but trash them in posts across the website. Im sure they would be happier being able to play 2nd or 3rd line minutes and have a more positive effect on the team, but that is not the situation they are in.

That being said, I think both the players and everyone else on the team, forgive a few questionable games, did the best they could with the cards they were dealt. For bathgate to reach even 60 points is something to be proud of and judson scoring almost 30 goals in two straight seasons on one of the most low scoring teams is an accomplishment. Their are bigger problems then the players!

Either way, im sure they're still happy that you're helping to pay their education packages so they have something better to do then bash teenagers on a message board when they are done hockey and have post secondary paid for! :)

Dufus 05-25-2011 08:15 AM

Orientation camp starts tomorrow....has anyone seen a roster somewhere?

BrianA 05-25-2011 09:10 AM

Dufus:The roster should be on the Bulls site today but certainly by tomorrow.
Jasper:Neither Bathgate or Judson are kids,they are adults and the little criticism I offered is mild to the evaluation they will receive in the pro ranks.
Both were key parts of the worst PP in the league,both were key in 3rd periods of close games where the Bulls were outscored by a 3 to 1 margin.When they did play well the Bulls were a much better team but as team leaders their consistency was lacking.
It is ridiculous to say players in the OHL should not be criticized.It is part of growing up in any job or endeavor.They learn and hopefully adjust.They handle it better than you.

Spiffy 05-25-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 33233330)
Orientation camp starts tomorrow....has anyone seen a roster somewhere?

http://www.bellevillebulls.com/artic...p-roster/99057

Dufus 05-25-2011 03:24 PM

Spiffy - many thanks. I think I'll swing by. Also, found this in the BI today..

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleD...aspx?e=3138858

jasper11 05-25-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianA (Post 33233815)
Dufus:The roster should be on the Bulls site today but certainly by tomorrow.
Jasper:Neither Bathgate or Judson are kids,they are adults and the little criticism I offered is mild to the evaluation they will receive in the pro ranks.
Both were key parts of the worst PP in the league,both were key in 3rd periods of close games where the Bulls were outscored by a 3 to 1 margin.When they did play well the Bulls were a much better team but as team leaders their consistency was lacking.
It is ridiculous to say players in the OHL should not be criticized.It is part of growing up in any job or endeavor.They learn and hopefully adjust.They handle it better than you.

the criticism is fine, all im saying is that they do not choose to be first line players and depended on as much as they were. that is a management problem. if they were playing the 2nd or 3rd line roles they are suited to, their shortfalls would be much less evident, and we would all be happy with them as depth players. they both have great things to offer any team, but not on a first, or maybe even a 2nd line. but hey, thats just me. glad you finally cut them some slack saying they're future is in pro hockey!

anyways, excited to see the third installment of the subban family! and lemmon, the beleskey clone!

heusy_79 05-26-2011 11:42 PM

Caught the rookie scrimmage tonight. Keeping in mind that it was a first skate, here were the guys that stood out to me:

Carnevale: Not a high end skill guy but has good size and skating ability and handled the puck well at both ends. An OHLer this year in my early opinion.

Lemmon: The first guy I noticed when they took the ice, he has a hockey player's build and stride. Really good skater who always seemed to have his feet moving. Almost certainly will be in the lineup this year.

J.Subban: May have had an off night due to nerves or what not, but I wasn't overly impressed for a 5th overall pick. The kid is tiny, has a similar skill set to his brother but without the raw physical tools. His skill is undeniable but he looked downright awful in some of the defensive situations, including one two on one where he took the "leave the shooter to the goalie" advice way too much to heart, pretty much handing a guy a breakaway. He lacks size and strength in the corner and in battles and wasn't competing hard either, first scrimmage or not. On offense he stands out as a slick, creative puck-mover but it will be interesting to see how well his skill set translates.

A few more caught my eye but perhaps I'll comment tomorrow when I can see straight and possibly find my notes.

NHL Fanatic 05-27-2011 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heusy_79 (Post 33266337)
Caught the rookie scrimmage tonight. Keeping in mind that it was a first skate, here were the guys that stood out to me:

Carnevale: Not a high end skill guy but has good size and skating ability and handled the puck well at both ends. An OHLer this year in my early opinion.

Lemmon: The first guy I noticed when they took the ice, he has a hockey player's build and stride. Really good skater who always seemed to have his feet moving. Almost certainly will be in the lineup this year.

J.Subban: May have had an off night due to nerves or what not, but I wasn't overly impressed for a 5th overall pick. The kid is tiny, has a similar skill set to his brother but without the raw physical tools. His skill is undeniable but he looked downright awful in some of the defensive situations, including one two on one where he took the "leave the shooter to the goalie" advice way too much to heart, pretty much handing a guy a breakaway. He lacks size and strength in the corner and in battles and wasn't competing hard either, first scrimmage or not. On offense he stands out as a slick, creative puck-mover but it will be interesting to see how well his skill set translates.

A few more caught my eye but perhaps I'll comment tomorrow when I can see straight and possibly find my notes.

Jordan Subban is a little bit better than his brother at the same age. Pk was able to develop and thrive under George Burnett so hopefully Jordan could do the same. He is still raw but he has the tools to be successful. I also like the Lemmon pick for Belleville, he is a really hard worker and he has the ability to play in the O next season we will just have to see how it all plays out.

Dufus 05-27-2011 06:40 AM

Early picks impressed me...the thoughts on Subban are too early to be common place. Will know more after today. With respect to the other D...Snelling was a definite standout...Smokler did a decent job as well as Subban...more to come. G's seemed to struggle a bit as there was not alot of shots during pre-scrimmage drills. F's...you can easily tell who the Bulls are with good job done by Corson, Brassard and Gaunce.

Jonah 05-27-2011 05:52 PM

Didn't get a chance to watch any of the games.......any surpises i.e. later picks who could make some noise in the future?....how was the local 95 pick Pandachuck?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.