HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RD Aaron Ekblad (2014, 1st overall, Florida) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=912282)

umwoz 03-31-2011 09:55 AM

RD Aaron Ekblad (2014, 1st overall, Florida)
 
"Ekblad is first 15 year old since John Tavares to be granted exceptional status. Now eligible for OHL draft in May."

-Per Bob McKenzie


I'm personally a bit surprised they allowed it, but at 6'3 200lbs, this kid certainly has star potential. Can't wait to see him play.

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umwoz (Post 32018785)
"Ekblad is first 15 year old since John Tavares to be granted exceptional status. Now eligible for OHL draft in May."

-Per Bob McKenzie


I'm personally a bit surprised they allowed it, but at 6'3 200lbs, this kid certainly has star potential. Can't wait to see him play.

He is the best defenceman playing minor midget right now, regardless of his 96 birth date. Not shocking, I thought it would come.

Vasilevskiy 03-31-2011 10:02 AM

6'3 already rofl

Pick Six 03-31-2011 10:05 AM

Congrats, Barrie should be happy with him for the next 3+ years.

FrozenJagrt 03-31-2011 10:19 AM

Good lord the kid is massive. Can't wait to see what he can do.

AwesomePanthers 03-31-2011 10:22 AM

Sick. Is he 2014 draft eligible?

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 03-31-2011 10:27 AM

2015. Late 96 I belive.

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie (Post 32019148)
2015. Late 96 I belive.

Feb 7th, 1996, he is a 2014.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 03-31-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 32019194)
Feb 7th, 1996, he is a 2014.

I remember everyone before when they were debating him getting exceptional he was 2015 but doesn't really matter.

Either way long time from now.

smokes lets go 03-31-2011 10:50 AM

**** man how is a 15 year old 6'3 200?

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lahey and Randy (Post 32019426)
**** man how is a 15 year old 6'3 200?

Hunter Smith of Windsor is a 95 birth year who is 6'6' 200.

Ive seen one 15 year old in his draft year at 6'8" 200. Its amazing.

Brewsky 03-31-2011 10:55 AM

Man what the hell are they feeding kids these days. Geez.

BruinsBtn 03-31-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lahey and Randy (Post 32019426)
**** man how is a 15 year old 6'3 200?

Just turned 15 a month ago too.

skroob** 03-31-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewsky (Post 32019474)
Man what the hell are they feeding kids these days. Geez.

Basically, we feed them what we feed to our cattle. Hormones and growth supplements.

As if thats not good enough, we feed both our people and our livestock genetically modified plant material (corn/wheat/etc).

And to make sure that those products makes it on a 3,000 mile trip and look good while doing it, we sprinkle on some chemical preservatives and taste/coloring additives.

Yum.

hockeykid87 03-31-2011 11:25 AM

This kid needs to settle the hell down with the growing

Jerky Leclerc 03-31-2011 11:33 AM

Does the kid live around the Fukushima nuclear plant? I have this theory....

LightningStrikes 03-31-2011 11:35 AM

The next Zdeno Chara? I mean, he's still growing. WTF.

Breakfast of Champs 03-31-2011 11:56 AM

how does he compare to players like Nurse and subban?

Andrew Sykes 03-31-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnman10 (Post 32020390)
how does he compare to players like Nurse and subban?

There is no comparison. He is one of only three players to get exceptional OHL status with the others being Spezza and Tavares. Enough said.

R S 03-31-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 32019194)
Feb 7th, 1996, he is a 2014.

I'm pretty sure even Bob Mac said this morning he is 2015

Sidney the Kidney 03-31-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sykes (Post 32020509)
There is no comparison. He is one of only three players to get exceptional OHL status with the others being Spezza and Tavares. Enough said.

If I recall, Spezza didn't get exceptional status. He was allowed to play for his hometown team as a 15 year old, just like Rico Fata with the Soo back in the 1990's. Tavares, as far as I know, is the only other player who received exceptional status.

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 32020949)
I'm pretty sure even Bob Mac said this morning he is 2015

He did not on Twitter.

Sports Centre?

If someone who is born in 93, before September is eligible for the 2011 Draft, then by extension, a 96 born before September would then be eligible for the draft three years later.

Therefore, he is a 2014.

His birthdate is Feb 7th, 1996.

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney (Post 32021192)
If I recall, Spezza didn't get exceptional status. He was allowed to play for his hometown team as a 15 year old, just like Rico Fata with the Soo back in the 1990's. Tavares, as far as I know, is the only other player who received exceptional status.

Your right. He was drafted a year after playing a year with the Battalion. The rule at the time was that players could play with their hometown OHL teams if they where deemed good enough by the team.
Spezza moved from Mississauga to Brampton to play the year with the Battalion, who was a strong team at the time.

Its a common mistake reported in the papers.

R S 03-31-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 32021302)
He did not on Twitter.

Sports Centre?

If someone who is born in 93, before September is eligible for the 2011 Draft, then by extension, a 96 born before September would then be eligible for the draft three years later.

Therefore, he is a 2014.

His birthdate is Feb 7th, 1996.

Ok it wasn't Bob. I know I saw it on twitter this morning.

Tigers1992 03-31-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 32021537)
Ok it wasn't Bob. I know I saw it on twitter this morning.

Its an error. Only way he would be 2015 eligible is if he was born after Sept. 15th, 1996.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.