HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: (From May 2011) Cory Schneider deal? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=912538)

canucks95 05-09-2011 02:55 PM

(From May 2011) Cory Schneider deal?
 
Hey guys, as your goalie issues have been very well documented , Cory Schneider, IMO would be a really great fit, Schneids spent 3 years developing his game in the minors, and has really shown that all of his hard work has paid off, he's got the size, is quick, and is just waiting for his chance to be a full-time NHL goaltender.

All of that being said, what would Flyers fans think of a deal for Schneids...

To Philly:
Cory Schneider
Mikeal Samuelsson

To Vancouver:
Scotty Hartnell
Andreas Nodl
2nd Round draft pick

JDinkalage Morgoone 05-09-2011 03:01 PM

No 2nd round draft picks, and as much as people hate Hartnell I would not deal him for Cory Schneider. Schneider is perhaps a slightly better option than Bob at this point. Both are unproven, albeit Schneider was a blue chip prospect.

JVR21 05-09-2011 03:01 PM

Hartnell for Schneider straight up.

Beef Invictus 05-09-2011 03:02 PM

Right now, more young goalies isn't really Philly's need.

might2mash 05-09-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 32949037)
Hey guys, as your goalie issues have been very well documented , Cory Schneider, IMO would be a really great fit, Schneids spent 3 years developing his game in the minors, and has really shown that all of his hard work has paid off, he's got the size, is quick, and is just waiting for his chance to be a full-time NHL goaltender.

All of that being said, what would Flyers fans think of a deal for Schneids...

To Philly:
Cory Schneider
Mikeal Samuelsson

To Vancouver:
Scotty Hartnell
Andreas Nodl
2nd Round draft pick

While I definitely think Schneider is better than Bobrovsky right now, what we truly need is a proven starter. Someone who has started in the NHL for multiple seasons and shown they can handle that load.

As for the value, it's okay I suppose.

Coppy 05-09-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 32949037)
Hey guys, as your goalie issues have been very well documented , Cory Schneider, IMO would be a really great fit, Schneids spent 3 years developing his game in the minors, and has really shown that all of his hard work has paid off, he's got the size, is quick, and is just waiting for his chance to be a full-time NHL goaltender.

All of that being said, what would Flyers fans think of a deal for Schneids...

To Philly:
Cory Schneider
Mikeal Samuelsson

To Vancouver:
Scotty Hartnell
Andreas Nodl
2nd Round draft pick

Kudos for not asking for Jvr or Giroux. Definitely consider it, but as others have said, doesn't exactly fit our needs.

mirimon 05-09-2011 03:13 PM

Agreed with all of the above. Fair value, but it's a bit unlikely that we'll be looking for young unproven goalies this summer. Who knows what will shake out though?

Terence Peterman 05-09-2011 03:26 PM

Proposal isn't very good, and Bob says nyet anyway.

usahockey22flyers 05-09-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 32949037)
Hey guys, as your goalie issues have been very well documented , Cory Schneider, IMO would be a really great fit, Schneids spent 3 years developing his game in the minors, and has really shown that all of his hard work has paid off, he's got the size, is quick, and is just waiting for his chance to be a full-time NHL goaltender.

All of that being said, what would Flyers fans think of a deal for Schneids...

To Philly:
Cory Schneider
Mikeal Samuelsson

To Vancouver:
Scotty Hartnell
Andreas Nodl
2nd Round draft pick

Where do I sign?

healthyscratch 05-09-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers (Post 32949682)
Where do I sign?

I'm in too. Take that deal in a heartbeat.

mm6492 05-09-2011 03:55 PM

I would do it, even if Schneider isn't proven.

phillyfanatic 05-09-2011 03:58 PM

If Vokoun/Bryz do not work out, then we will be going trade route. If that happens, I suspect one of Bernier, Quick or Schneider end up in Philly. This deal is interesting, I think I would do it (if UFA's fail).

Cartsiephan* 05-09-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyscratch (Post 32950063)
I'm in too. Take that deal in a heartbeat.

Yup, Schneider has been groomed nicely. Guy has all the right tools to be that goalie. Samuelsson is decent in return, turn the draft pick to a 4th round pick.

Vikke 05-09-2011 04:42 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't want Cory Schneider?

alx83* 05-09-2011 04:48 PM

I was surprised that a Nucks fan created this thread.. that seems like a low value return for Schneider.

Giroux tha Damaja 05-09-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMilli (Post 32951024)
I was surprised that a Nucks fan created this thread.. that seems like a low value return for Schneider.

2nd line wing and solid young fourth liner, perhaps with a bit of upside. Plus a second round pick, for a talented goalie that has only played in brief spurts in the NHL? The value seems about fair given Hartnell's salary...isn't Samuelsson's contract over this year?

GirouxCouturier 05-09-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke (Post 32950923)
Am I the only one that doesn't want Cory Schneider?

Im not too high on Schneider either. We need a Vet goalie to take some of the pressure off of bob then he can develop smoothly and maybe one day we will have a Legit #1 goalie that we developed.

Giroux tha Damaja 05-09-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girouxrichards (Post 32953207)
Im not too high on Schneider either. We need a Vet goalie to take some of the pressure off of bob then he can develop smoothly and maybe one day we will have a Legit #1 goalie that we developed.

I honestly could care less if we developed them. I just want a #1.

Pantokrator 05-09-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 32949037)
Hey guys, as your goalie issues have been very well documented , Cory Schneider, IMO would be a really great fit, Schneids spent 3 years developing his game in the minors, and has really shown that all of his hard work has paid off, he's got the size, is quick, and is just waiting for his chance to be a full-time NHL goaltender.

All of that being said, what would Flyers fans think of a deal for Schneids...

To Philly:
Cory Schneider
Mikeal Samuelsson

To Vancouver:
Scotty Hartnell
Andreas Nodl
2nd Round draft pick

Other than the fact we have no second round deal, I think I'd do it. It would alleviate some cap space, wouldn't it? Hartnell has to be making more than Samuelsson.

I agree that the team needs a proven #1, but I think I'd do it.

Terence Peterman 05-09-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 32953136)
2nd line wing and solid young fourth liner, perhaps with a bit of upside. Plus a second round pick, for a talented goalie that has only played in brief spurts in the NHL? The value seems about fair given Hartnell's salary...isn't Samuelsson's contract over this year?

Hartnell's salary is in line with what most other players like him make. It's really not egregious like a lot of people around here want to believe.

Giroux tha Damaja 05-09-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Blaine (Post 32953423)
Hartnell's salary is in line with what most other players like him make. It's really not egregious like a lot of people around here want to believe.

It's not a disaster contract or anything, but it's also not a very good value. He is a 3 million dollar player making 4 and change. He looks great when he's on his game though, and he always hustles. All in all, if the other team is taking more salary back, unless they're getting a lot more on-ice value in return, it's going to hurt your bargaining position. Cap space is an asset.

healthyscratch 05-09-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by might2mash (Post 32949107)
While I definitely think Schneider is better than Bobrovsky right now, what we truly need is a proven starter. Someone who has started in the NHL for multiple seasons and shown they can handle that load.

Like a Leighton or Boucher?!

So you'd rather go with a Vanbiesbrouck type instead of a young, first round highly touted goaltender that would probably be our starter for the next ten years?

BernieParent 05-09-2011 09:12 PM

Schneider / Roloson it is. But only if the Canucks take Leighton back.

sa cyred 05-09-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyscratch (Post 32954764)
Like a Leighton or Boucher?!

So you'd rather go with a Vanbiesbrouck type instead of a young, first round highly touted goaltender that would probably be our starter for the next ten years?

Huh? Proof? Where does it say that he will be this super goalie at?

Did you know he has the same stats as Bobrovsky in less games while being 3 years older?

Like I have said in the other threads, Schneider is all fluff right now. For all we know, he could easily an average backup goalie than a legit starting goalie.

healthyscratch 05-09-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 32956339)
Huh? Proof? Where does it say that he will be this super goalie at?

Did you know he has the same stats as Bobrovsky in less games while being 3 years older?

Like I have said in the other threads, Schneider is all fluff right now. For all we know, he could easily an average backup goalie than a legit starting goalie.

I assume you don't get drafted in the first round if you're not considered to be a top prospect. And since they have similar stats, then the same can be said about Bobrovsky, right? :dunno:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.