HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Inline hockey skate Help (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=912873)

FFighter65 05-10-2011 04:32 PM

Inline hockey skate Help

Hey. I am looking for some help with my inline hockey skates. I was wondering if anyone has an ideas they could share to help get more support in the ancles with the inline skates. I had them professionally fitted so they are the right size. BUt i just have feel alittleto loose int eh top ofthe skate near the ancle. I have also tried tighning up the laces but i cant seem to get them tight enough... any suggestions or tips?

doobie604 05-10-2011 07:27 PM

tour skates are the only ones i've tried on so far that has high enough padding that gives you high ankle support. once your skating gets stronger, it would matter less.

RangersAM99 05-10-2011 08:50 PM

maybe try some waxed laces?

budster 05-10-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersAM99 (Post 32974622)
major try some waxed laces?

+1 to waxed laces, they seem to hold better.

Narut 05-11-2011 01:45 AM

i guess u are a beginner?

so i think its not really a skate/lace problem, its more a skating-technique and leg-strength problem since from my experiences beginners tend to have a "buckling" (dont know if its the right word sry) between skates and legs which look like their skates are too big or not tight enough.

once u get more experienced/more strength u might be fine like doobie said.

Renbarg 05-11-2011 10:29 PM

Tape?

I still tape. It gives you a ton of support and more stamina imo. Plus a stronger, more confident stride.

Some of the best skaters of all time taped their skates because they liked high ankle support, Bure being among them.

Gooseamania 05-13-2011 02:56 PM

all very good suggestions. I mostly agree with the point that it's your lack of skating experience that's making you feel unstable. once you get more comfortable, you will feel much more stable, even on the same skates that you feel lack support right now.

My suggestion (aside from the ones other people suggested) would be to be patient with yourself. a good teammate(s) will never get mad at you if your trying your very best at all times no matter how in-experienced you may be. however, if they see you taking yourself out of plays/games physically and mentally by getting upset with yourself, that might rub some people the wrong way.

248RedWings248 05-13-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps527 (Post 32994392)
Tape?

I still tape. It gives you a ton of support and more stamina imo. Plus a stronger, more confident stride.

Some of the best skaters of all time taped their skates because they liked high ankle support, Bure being among them.

I've noticed Ovechkin doing the same thing