HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=913058)

TheBuriedHab 05-11-2011 06:27 AM

Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs
 
Oh brother here we go again. Just heard on the team 990 that Marc de Foy is reporting that Alexei Emelin is close to signing 1 year deal with Montreal.

Heres what Shaun starr of the team990 tweeted

Starr990 Shaun Starr
Marc De Foy of the Journal de Montréal is reporting today that the #Habs are close to a 1 year deal with Alexei Yemelin


I haven't found and read the article yet but they are talking about Marc saying that there is a clause that if he gets sent down to hamilton he can leave for russia. PG is leaving to go watch Russia play and the deal should get done soon.

UPDATE Also Just heard Bob Mckenzie on the radio and he said he thinks the deal should be done very soon after russia is out of the tourny.

Monctonscout 05-11-2011 06:28 AM

That would be sweet. Would love to see him in NA next year.

pine* 05-11-2011 06:34 AM

won't believe it till I see it in ink.

Andrighetto Fabolous 05-11-2011 06:40 AM

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-ch-75356.html

macavoy 05-11-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab (Post 32981254)
PG is leaving to go watch the Russia vs Slovakia game and should finish up the deal then.

I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.

The n00b King 05-11-2011 06:44 AM

You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.

TheBuriedHab 05-11-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernell Karl (Post 32981307)

Thanks for the link! With him probably signing and that clause you, gotta think thats one less spot on Defense for those Ufa's that we have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 32981322)
I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.

I don't think they are going to scout him lol, I'm sure they have done enough of that over the past few years. I think with the past failed attempts of bringing him over he wants to do this in person. Just my opinion.

Protest the Hero 05-11-2011 07:18 AM

But I thought Gauthier was sick and tired of writing his name on pieces of paper?

beowulf 05-11-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFpineapple (Post 32981283)
won't believe it till I see it in ink.

I won't believe it until I see the Habs jersey on his back at this point.

Patccmoi 05-11-2011 07:33 AM

God damnit, why am I getting my hopes up for him again? I know I should've learned, but I fall for it every time...

Monctonscout 05-11-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony (Post 32981324)
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.

I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 32981549)
I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.

Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out

Ice Poutine 05-11-2011 07:46 AM

Another link about Emelin.
Seems like this time it will be the good one! :handclap:

The Kremelin Wall* 05-11-2011 07:48 AM

I sure hope so.

Patccmoi 05-11-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 32981591)
Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out

A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...

ScopeHockey 05-11-2011 07:49 AM

Someone on Twitter said that Bobby Mac is saying the deal will get done. That definitely adds a lot of credibility to it.

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2011 07:51 AM

Should be there today, maybe he will catch the US vs C. Republic game and watch Jagr as well :naughty:

strutsboa 05-11-2011 07:51 AM

Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.

The Kremelin Wall* 05-11-2011 07:55 AM

He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strutsboa (Post 32981653)
Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.

I really hope so :crossfing

Monctonscout 05-11-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patccmoi (Post 32981638)
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...

I don't think Yemelin's status affects Wisniewski. I think Wisniewski's status will depend on the following...

1-the cap hit of the contract we can get him signed to, if he costs us 5 mil or more the odds are 60-70% that he hits UFA on July 1st. If 4.25-4.5 is possible then the odds are higher I think.

2-the chances that we can move Spacek, having the Coyotes stay in Phoenix might help us as you can add them to Florida as teams needing to spend to the rising cap floor and not being ideal destinations for UFA's. Maybe we throw in Pouliot with Spacek to get a mid round pick and clear room to sign Wisniewski for 4 years.

3-How bad do we want to go after a UFA winger? If we have no intention of going after Laich, Upshall, Cole, Jokinen etc.

NewEraGM 05-11-2011 08:04 AM

Which NHL player is Emelin close to? Doug Murrya?

Monctonscout 05-11-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 32981677)
He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.

I wouldn't call the KHL a panzy league...check out the PIM leaders...Gratton, Verot, Sugden, Simon...

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/185/pim/

Bullsmith 05-11-2011 08:05 AM

the timing is really good to bring him over. There's certainly a slot open for him.

Blind Gardien 05-11-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony (Post 32981324)
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

If it turned out that he totally sucked... who cares? Enough time has gone by now that he's basically a "bonus" for us if he ever signs or amounts to anything. And if he doesn't ever sign, or does suck... no loss, doesn't hurt us in any way.

Here's hoping they get him signed. The bottom line is that it simply can't hurt.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.