HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   To the Shark's fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=913110)

Resmo112 05-11-2011 11:46 AM

To the Shark's fans

I would like to say in all seriousness your team has played a HELL of a series. In multiple games you made my team look like an AHL team. Your team has battled hard and deserved to have this over in 4 or 5.

I made some comments earlier in the series on this board and I wanted to let you all know SINCERELY that your team deserves all the respect I can muster.

Legion 05-11-2011 11:46 AM

Thanks Babcock, much obliged.

Resmo112 05-11-2011 11:52 AM

Close, Brad McCrimmon

Rem 05-11-2011 12:04 PM

even a sympathetic thread won't stop the pain.

MadmanSJ 05-11-2011 12:17 PM

Never ceases to amaze me how often nice comments from other fans go completely ignored or retorted in a negative fashion.

Be more hospitable people! You know that reputation we as Sharks fans so desperately want? Oh..I guess we are only willing to give our players free passes :)

Thank you Resmo. Now prepare for battle!

Phu 05-11-2011 12:17 PM

Thanks, but the team hasn't even come close to giving you guys their all throughout this series, especially in game 6. Win or lose, this one is going to leave a bad taste in this Sharks fan's mouth.

AstroDan 05-11-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resmo112 (Post 32984646)
I would like to say in all seriousness your team has played a HELL of a series. In multiple games you made my team look like an AHL team. Your team has battled hard and deserved to have this over in 4 or 5.

I made some comments earlier in the series on this board and I wanted to let you all know SINCERELY that your team deserves all the respect I can muster.

You are talking about the Sharks vs the Wings, right? This year? In the Playoffs?:amazed:

Tkachuk4MVP 05-11-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroDan (Post 32985325)
You are talking about the Sharks vs the Wings, right? This year? In the Playoffs?:amazed:

I know that Game 6 is still fresh in your mind but he's right, we have badly outplayed Detroit in some of these games, Game 5 being the most recent example (for 2+ periods anyway). I know it feels like we're down 0-3 but it's 3-3, and that wouldn't be the case against a team like Detroit if we hadn't played some damn good hockey for large portions of this series. Last night was the first (and hopefully last) time I could say that the Sharks didn't show up for a game this series.

Rem 05-11-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP (Post 32985698)
I know that Game 6 is still fresh in your mind but he's right, we have badly outplayed Detroit in some of these games, Game 5 being the most recent example (for 2+ periods anyway). I know it feels like we're down 0-3 but it's 3-3, and that wouldn't be the case against a team like Detroit if we hadn't played some damn good hockey for large portions of this series. Last night was the first (and hopefully last) time I could say that the Sharks didn't show up for a game this series.

And what a TERRIBLE game to not show up for. Unless you subscribe to the idear that the Sharks play better with their backs up against the walls.

I have this bad feeling they ain't gonna close it out Thursday, I just do.

Tkachuk4MVP 05-11-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 32985741)
And what a TERRIBLE game to not show up for. Unless you subscribe to the idear that the Sharks play better with their backs up against the walls.

I agree, but you didn't address anything I said. And I don't care what any of the experts say, momentum doesn't mean **** from game to game. We were better in Games 1 and 2, Detroit was better in Games 3 and 4, we were much better in Game 5, and they were much better in Game 6. We've won 3 in a row, and they've won 3 in a row. I know that we're the Sharks and they're the Red Wings, but Game 7 is a clean slate, and 1-6 won't mean jack **** once that puck drops tomorrow night.

eastbayjoker 05-11-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Respect appreciated by this Sharks fan and I can wholeheartedly say it's mutual.

What more could we ask for than a 7 game series between 2 of the top 3 teams in the West? I can't WAIT for Thursday and I truly believe the Sharks will advance. Best of luck!

HBSauce 05-11-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP (Post 32986143)
Game 7 is a clean slate, and 1-6 won't mean jack **** once that puck drops tomorrow night.

this. It's just one game, if the Sharks can execute for a full game they will advance. Waiting is the worst part though, I feel as if I'm stuck in limbo. I just want see some redemption asap, but not until Thursday sadly...

Hockster 05-11-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

I won't be surprised if they get blown out. Their confidence has to be shot and they just don't have what it takes to be a champion. They wouldn't be in the spot that they are now if they did.

magic school bus 05-11-2011 03:17 PM

i rly do appreciate all the support and kind words from the other team's fans. its good to hear. pens, sabres, coyotes, canucks, kings, blackhawks, even ducks fans have been showin love to the bay. (srry if i forgot anyone!)

i will remember this. thx, everyone.

Mafoofoo 05-11-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

I don't recall the Sharks playing multiple games against an ECHL team...

:cry:

gonegonegone* 05-11-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

im already preparing myself mentally for the crushing blow that being a sharks fan will now mean. to lose after going up 3-0 is ultimate humiliation. and to the red wings and their idiotic bandwagon fans, ugh... life can't get much worse.

WineShark 05-11-2011 04:40 PM

Great. Now we have sympathy from an opposing teams fans. Has it come to this?

It's thoughtful and all, but couldn't we just hate each other and shake hands when the Sharks break the Wings?

SharksLuv 05-11-2011 04:42 PM

Nice to hear kind words from Wings fans. Heck, they're a great team. A team you can come to count on year after year. A team with the heart we wish the Sharks had!

In any case, there's too much doom and gloom in Sharks land right now. Likely because we've been here before. I agree with others than momentum doesn't mean **** in game 7. Both teams will be desperate and I would think the Sharks more than the Wings. FTR this is the 2nd worst losing streak this year. The other 3-loss stretches had an OT or SO game. They've always come back though and other than the debacle in January, they've never strung more than 3 in a row. I'm encouraged by that.

I'll be at the tank and my record since January is 8-0. Maybe I'm a good luck charm. It's my birthday too, so I'm counting on them not letting me down.

GCM 05-11-2011 04:51 PM

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...asein/THSE.jpg

As a Canucks fan I know the feeling you're going through right now very well. I hope you get to dodge the bullet like we did, you fans have been teased enough.

Good luck.

dwood16 05-11-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

OMG :laugh: I want your avatar!

dwood16 05-11-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, Thanks.

We were definitely robbed by the refs in game 5.

Eighth Fret 05-11-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Appreciated.

Sharkway Drive 05-11-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCM (Post 32989859)

BHAHAHAAHA holy crap this is great.

Sleepy 05-11-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WineShark (Post 32989720)
Great. Now we have sympathy from an opposing teams fans. Has it come to this?

It's thoughtful and all, but couldn't we just hate each other and shake hands when the Sharks break the Wings?

We've had sympathy for a while. I remember a lot of sympathy after the Hiller series.

SoCalShark 05-11-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 32988337)
i rly do appreciate all the support and kind words from the other team's fans. its good to hear. pens, sabres, coyotes, canucks, kings, blackhawks, even ducks fans have been showin love to the bay. (srry if i forgot anyone!)

i will remember this. thx, everyone.

Duck fans? Really? You Jest!!!