HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anders Lindback? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=913285)

FreshPerspective 05-11-2011 11:52 PM

Anders Lindback?
 
Mentioned him in another thread and Meltzer said he would be an intriguing option.....can't say I don't find it intriguing as well...similar to the idea last offseason of going for Tim Thomas :sarcasm: :nod:

Obviously..upside vs downside with Lindback wouldn't even compare to Thomas at this moment in time ...

We should swipe Weber as well god I would cream my jeans if both were acquired somehow and yes obviously somebody like Carter would have to be traded..so it's not out of the realm of possibility like some are claiming. Again nothing personal...reallocation of assets and business!

I mean Snider's comments imply as much ..if he means what he says

Quote:

Signing a marquee free-agent goalie will be difficult because the Flyers have little cap space.

Snider didn’t see that as a problem.

“If we trade or go for a goalie (through free-agency), we’ll make it work,” he said. “We can make anything work, even with the cap.”

Note: Please Cartsiephan stay away from this thread so as not to sidetrack it b/c all the hate will rain down like the fire of Hades and the default Carter "hate" argument will rear itself again.....:shakehead

Ghost of Downie* 05-11-2011 11:55 PM

If we miss out on Vokoun and Bryzgalov, then I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it. The guy oozes potential. At the same time though, I'd rather have someone who is proven.

And I would be absolutely shocked if Weber got traded for anyone. He's their Crosby.

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie (Post 32995322)
If we miss out on Vokoun and Bryzgalov, then I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it. The guy oozes potential. At the same time though, I'd rather have someone who is proven.

And I would be absolutely shocked if Weber got traded for anyone. He's their Crosby.

Yeah acquiring Weber would be a coup.....and a massive miracle.

Actually I would be more than ok he we got Lindback over Vokoun and Bryzgalov...he would work better with the cap and if need be b/c of the Pronger and Timonen situation we could get another D man. Obviously Carle needs to be moved as well....Gustaffson can take his place easily IMO

OriginJM 05-12-2011 12:06 AM

"Anders Lindbäck was diagnosed with Adult-onset Still's disease months before he entered the 2008 NHL Draft which made him get drafted so late despite his excellence."

just sayin'

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 32995422)
"Anders Lindbäck was diagnosed with Adult-onset Still's disease months before he entered the 2008 NHL Draft which made him get drafted so late despite his excellence."

just sayin'

Not aware of that....does that mean appendages will fall off when hit with the puck? But seriously...a concern but first I'm hearing about it and don't know anything about the disease....google here I come...

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:11 AM

Meh..nothing a celebrex can't mitigate....:sarcasm: :(

Quote:

Patients experiencing a flare-up from Adult-onset Still's disease usually report extreme fatigue, swelling of the lymph glands, and less commonly fluid accumulation in the lungs and heart.
oh yeah...Boucher's slurpee machine will still be around too.....

OriginJM 05-12-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 32995465)
Meh..nothing a celebrex can't mitigate....:sarcasm: :(



oh yeah...Boucher's slurpee machine will still be around too.....

Haha yeah, but really, the fluid in the lungs thing can lead to really bad pneumonia which would take him out of action for a very, very long time. Also people can have persistent symptoms, not just "flare-ups", which means he could just be standing there in net and all of his sudden his body feels like it's on fire and he can't play, but 20 minutes later he's okay. Coaches and **** didn't want that because what if he's okay, but it happens in game 7 of the cup finals? Diseases like this are bad news bears, and sadly he might be a back-up for his life with this.

But he's a professional athlete, maybe something can be worked out for him to keep it under a tight control.

Jester 05-12-2011 12:19 AM

If Weber leaves Nashville, they need to shut the doors and turn off the lights.

MiD 05-12-2011 12:22 AM

Lindback, Bernier and Bob are the same, they have potential to be a starter, is it the right direction for Flyers?

Jester 05-12-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiD (Post 32995566)
Lindback, Bernier and Bob are the same, they have potential to be a starter, is it the right direction for Flyers?

Tend to agree. If we are really talking these types, why not just stick with bob?

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 32995534)
Haha yeah, but really, the fluid in the lungs thing can lead to really bad pneumonia which would take him out of action for a very, very long time. Also people can have persistent symptoms, not just "flare-ups", which means he could just be standing there in net and all of his sudden his body feels like it's on fire and he can't play, but 20 minutes later he's okay. Coaches and **** didn't want that because what if he's okay, but it happens in game 7 of the cup finals? Diseases like this are bad news bears, and sadly he might be a back-up for his life with this.

But he's a professional athlete, maybe something can be worked out for him to keep it under a tight control.

Yikes! Then again Emery is a big risk as well. Yeah....not sure about this. Would like to get some more insight into the risk though. Maybe like you said it can be kept under control..heck Clarke dealt with his diabetes all those years with injections etc.

sa cyred 05-12-2011 12:27 AM

Ya.. dont know how I'd feel with two 22/23 year olds as our goalies. Ilike Lindback...alot....but I dont know how I'd feel with two sophomores as our goalies.

Then comes in that we have our own Swedish goaltender who will be coming through the ranks in a year or 2.

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 32995599)
Tend to agree. If we are really talking these types, why not just stick with bob?

True but guess it comes down to who has the most upside and is more seasoned. Kind of a toss up though.

Jester 05-12-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 32995624)
True but guess it comes down to who has the most upside and is more seasoned. Kind of a toss up though.

If the goal is a definite short term solution in the immediate, then I'm not sure any of these guys fit the bill.

FreshPerspective 05-12-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 32995649)
If the goal is a definite short term solution in the immediate, then I'm not sure any of these guys fit the bill.

To me it's more of a cap friendly kind of decision..not the ideal decision but working within our constraints depending upon how Pronger and Timonen hold up....

Jester 05-12-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 32995667)
To me it's more of a cap friendly kind of decision..not the ideal decision but working within our constraints depending upon how Pronger and Timonen hold up....

Sticking with Bob is a cap friendly deal, too. Bob needs to be coached up more, but all of his problems are fixable... I'm not sure stressing over another young goalie is where this team should be focusing their attention. A guy you know will be the man next year is the real upgrade they can make.

Maybe that is one of those guys... I'm just not sure.

decadentia 05-12-2011 12:50 AM

Diseases are for the weak, amirite?

flountown 05-12-2011 12:56 AM

As much as I like Lindback, he dominated goaltending stats for the month I picked him up with Rinne out, I agree with those saying he is a similar category to Bob and Bernier. At this point it either needs to be an experienced goaltender in Vokoun, Bryz, or Nabokov, or we again roll the dice on Bob/Bouch...

decadentia 05-12-2011 01:00 AM

He's too tall.

FLYERSFAN18 05-12-2011 01:13 AM

I mentioned this the other day in the schneider thread. Could be a good under the radar move. If this team is going to have a goalie with a 4-5 million cap hit or more they are going to have to do a major restructuring. Like losing hartnell, versteeg,carle, etc for players he make no more than 2-2.5 million. Not saying it cant be done, just dont know if it will happen. I would like this to happen even if we dont get a goalie who makes number one money. Those three i mentioned can be replaced with players who make less money and produce about the same.

Ghost of Downie* 05-12-2011 02:02 AM

I remember hearing the Flyers announcers talk about Lindback's health when he played the Flyers this year. IIRC, he gets shots that somehow decrease the effects of Still's, almost making them irrelevant.

dats81 05-12-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 32995599)
Tend to agree. If we are really talking these types, why not just stick with bob?

Because it doubles the chances that one of them might be 'the guy'?

Spongolium* 05-12-2011 03:33 AM

I just hope for the love of God we get a starter on a 2 year Deal. So we can bring the Bob through.

CptCannon 05-12-2011 04:25 AM

We have our own Lindback in Bobrovsky.

Mgkibbles 05-12-2011 05:44 AM

I love Lindback so, so much, but he isn't what we need.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.