HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Where to buy tickets? Coming from Vancouver. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=913758)

Luck 6 05-13-2011 02:05 PM

Where to buy tickets? Coming from Vancouver.

Hey guys, comin in peace haha.

Planning a road trip down to SJ for the long weekend to catch games 3 and 4, I was curious how I can pick up tickets down there? In Vancouver we exchange mostly on Craigslist, do you guys have some sort of site to buy tickets off of 2nd hand? Also, whats the average ticket price for corner balcony seats? thanks guys.

Chairman Mallard 05-13-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 33024063)
Hey guys, comin in peace haha.

Planning a road trip down to SJ for the long weekend to catch games 3 and 4, I was curious how I can pick up tickets down there? In Vancouver we exchange mostly on Craigslist, do you guys have some sort of site to buy tickets off of 2nd hand? Also, whats the average ticket price for corner balcony seats? thanks guys.

Stubhub
Craigslist
Sharks PP Trader (season ticket holders put their tickets up for sale)
Scalpers on Santa Clara St. (They are there every game)

Stub hub and pp trader are guaranteed legit. We've sold our tickets on pp trader before.

Berto2k 05-13-2011 03:21 PM

I also have a friend that may be coming down for the games from Van.

Cheapest face value ticket that will be available for this series down here is $135. I got my ticket off of Ticketmaster this morning for that plus fees to make it $151. Best of luck getting tix.

y2kcanucks 05-13-2011 04:23 PM

Anyone know where I can get a pair of lower bowls for games 3 and 4? What would the approximate cost be? Or if anyone here is selling?

Also, what are scalpers like outside the arena? Do they typically have a massive markup?

Thanks.

Chairman Mallard 05-13-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauser (Post 33026848)
Anyone know where I can get a pair of lower bowls for games 3 and 4? What would the approximate cost be? Or if anyone here is selling?

Also, what are scalpers like outside the arena? Do they typically have a massive markup?

Thanks.

For round 2, I overheard one scalper and it was for an upper bowl seat but it wasn't unreasonable to be honest. Maybe 10-15 dollar markup. that was of course for a 12pm start time round 2 upper bowl seat.

It's hard to say what they will be asking, I've never purchased a scalped ticket as we have season tickets, just overheard them walking to and from the tank from time to time.

Thepainter 05-13-2011 04:51 PM

When I sell tickets to playoff games, I always check the driver's license to make sure the guy is local. If he is from the opposing city, GTFO I'm not selling to him. :D

Wedontneedroads 05-13-2011 04:54 PM

powerplay ticket trader is probably your best bet. constantly monitor it and you may find something decent.

i just looked for tickets for some friends coming into town on the typical sites and couldn't find anything for less than $200. i didn't look that hard though.

y2kcanucks 05-13-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks guys, I'll keep my eyes peeled :) and yes, I'm a Vancouver fan, but isn't it more fun when you have fans from both sides at these games? A little fan rivalry in-stadium always makes for a fun time!