HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: HF Organizational Rankings (Rangers Ranked 7) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=913996)

Beacon 05-14-2011 01:12 AM

HF Organizational Rankings (Rangers Ranked 7)

The HF Organizational Rankings are being released. Teams 21-30 are out and several of our divisional rivals are on the list of teams with bad prospects: Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh.

I think it would be good to have a thread discussing it.

Also, any predictions on where the Rangers will wind up?

Beacon 05-14-2011 01:14 AM

I voted 1-5 spot, but now that I am thinking about it, I think it won't be that high. No way, not with Stepan, MDZ, etc no longer being prospects. It will be 6-10 or 11-15.

JeffMangum 05-14-2011 01:15 AM

11-15. Losing Stepan, Sauer, MDZ, etc hurt, and with Grachev's stock falling, we could fall from 12 to 14/15/16, I think.

nyr2k2 05-14-2011 01:31 AM

I'd guess between 12-16.

Wraparounds 05-14-2011 01:42 AM

Went with 11-15.

t3hg00se 05-14-2011 01:45 AM

#10 I'll say

Inferno 05-14-2011 02:09 AM

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/401295...rsey_white.jpg

Panfork 05-14-2011 04:31 AM

#15, right in the middle. :sarcasm:

Nah, for real I think we'll land somewhere between 8 and 13. I feel optimistic today, so I voted 6-10.

UAGoalieGuy 05-14-2011 08:21 AM

Has McDonagh graduated yet? If not, I could see the Rangers being around 11 to 15.

N9Y4R 05-14-2011 08:38 AM

Voted 11-15. Think they will be in the 9-12 range.

Bird Law 05-14-2011 11:54 AM

Around 13.

BlueshirtBlitz 05-14-2011 12:17 PM

I think 11 or 12. Losing Stepan hurts but if McDonagh is still considered a prospect his stock must've skyrocketed and Thomas should boost us up too. Then obviously you have Kreider who HF loves and guys like Fasth and Hagelin who have the potential to be good players.

Callahan Auto 05-14-2011 12:32 PM

I voted 6-10 but I feel like it's more 8-12.

McDonagh and MZA are still considered prospects by HF's standards. Both could find their way into the top 50 (McDonagh definitely will). Add them to an already strong pool, and 6-10 sounds about right. All we've lost from last year is Sauer and Stepan and most teams lose a couple top 10 players each year. Sauer didn't even really figure into our rankings last year, most people had him lower than he should of been because of injuries.

McDonagh, MZA, Kreider, Thomas, and Grachev is a great top 5 (could end up with 3-4 in the top 50) and we have decent depth all around. We're definitely above average prospect wise.

Beacon 05-14-2011 01:16 PM

I think Kreider and Thomas should be in the top 50, as well as McDonaugh obviously. McDonaugh will be up on top of the list, in the top 20-25, and Kreider and Thomas near the bottom, in the 40-50 range.

I think the Rangers being ranked 8-12 seems like a reasonable range, as others have written.

TrollololBoyle 05-14-2011 01:22 PM

What we know:

In the last Organizational Rankings, the Rangers were #9 on the list.

The Bruins and Capitals, both who ranked ahead of us in the last rankings at #5 and #7 respectively fell back to the bottom third due to trades and graduating prospects.

The Predators were #1 on the list during the last poll. At the time, their top prospects were: Colin Wilson, Jonathan Blum, Charles-Olivier Roussel, Chet Pickard, and Taylor Beck. Of those, only Wilson is considered to have graduated.

The Kings were #2 on the list. Jonathan Bernier, Brayden Schenn, Derek Forbort, Andrei Loktionov, and Thomas Hickey were considered their top prospects. Only Colten Teubert was traded.

The Oilers were #3 on the list. Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Magnus Paajarvi all have graduated, so they surely dropped. Though they still have Petry, Pitlick, Marincin, Hamilton and Omark considered as prospects.

The Panthers at #4 lost Bergfors, Ellerby and Kulikov to graduation, but still have Gudbranson, Markstrom, Bjugstad rounding out their top 3.

The Blues at #6 lost Pietrangelo to graduation. But strong years from Tarasenko and Schwartz kept the Blues prospect pool well grounded in position.

The Blue Jackets at #8 did not lost any prospects graduation yet. Nikita Filatov, Ryan Johansen, John Moore, Cody Goloubef, Matthew Calvert round out their top 5. Filatov's stock has slipped, but Johansen has become one of the best prospects around the league.

The Rangers come in at #9. Anisimov, Boyle, Del Zotto, Sauer and Stepan have all graduated. But top prospects Kreider, Grachev, Zucarello, and McDonagh still remain at the top of their list along with Christian Thomas whose 2011 season has surely boosted his value.

The Red Wings come in at #10, blah blah...

The Black Hawks come in at #11, blah blah...

The Maple Leafs, #12, had the greatest haul of prospects come into their organization this year. With Colbourne and Gardiner coming in trades, and Reimer establishing himself as one of the better goalie prospects.

I'm not doing this anymore, as it is getting rather boring, and pointless, but we all get the scoop.

BrooklynRangersFan 05-14-2011 02:27 PM

The funny thing is - in a way it all comes down to perhaps the most fiercely debated question on these boards in the past year: is Dylan McIlrath a blue chip prospect?

If HF is down on him like many posters (as opposed to, say, Tarasenko), then the team likely slips from last year's rankings. If they are high on him or consider him at least "pretty good", then Thomas's emergence plus the fact that McDonagh was such a revelation (yet still counts as a prospect), probably keeps them steady or even bumps them a spot or two.

I figure we come in 9 or 10.

New York RKY 05-14-2011 02:30 PM

I feel 11-15 as well.

We have a lot of good prospects that aren't deemed to be prospects anymore so I think that hurt us a little.

However I think we're still pretty high because we still have a lot of solid prospects like Kreider, Thomas, McIlrath, etc.

EDIT: Since apparently 13 is out lucky number I think we are going to be 13. :shakehead

BlueshirtBlitz 05-14-2011 02:32 PM

Forgot about Mac.

Doubt he helps or hurts us too much here.

Machinehead 05-14-2011 02:34 PM

I voted 16-20. Anybody of any real quality has already graduated imo and the depth behind them is lacking. McDonagh is an animal, Kreider is highly touted, and Stepan and Zuc should be solid. After that, it's meh.

EDIT: I forgot Thomas, I do like Thomas. I'll have to see more from him for now, but he could push us up later.

bernmeister 05-14-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 33039590)
What we know:

In the last Organizational Rankings, the Rangers were #9 on the list.

The Bruins and Capitals, both who ranked ahead of us in the last rankings at #5 and #7 respectively fell back to the bottom third due to trades and graduating prospects.

The Predators were #1 on the list during the last poll. At the time, their top prospects were: Colin Wilson, Jonathan Blum, Charles-Olivier Roussel, Chet Pickard, and Taylor Beck. Of those, only Wilson is considered to have graduated.

The Kings were #2 on the list. Jonathan Bernier, Brayden Schenn, Derek Forbort, Andrei Loktionov, and Thomas Hickey were considered their top prospects. Only Colten Teubert was traded.

The Oilers were #3 on the list. Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Magnus Paajarvi all have graduated, so they surely dropped. Though they still have Petry, Pitlick, Marincin, Hamilton and Omark considered as prospects.

The Panthers at #4 lost Bergfors, Ellerby and Kulikov to graduation, but still have Gudbranson, Markstrom, Bjugstad rounding out their top 3.

The Blues at #6 lost Pietrangelo to graduation. But strong years from Tarasenko and Schwartz kept the Blues prospect pool well grounded in position.

The Blue Jackets at #8 did not lost any prospects graduation yet. Nikita Filatov, Ryan Johansen, John Moore, Cody Goloubef, Matthew Calvert round out their top 5. Filatov's stock has slipped, but Johansen has become one of the best prospects around the league.

The Rangers come in at #9. Anisimov, Boyle, Del Zotto, Sauer and Stepan have all graduated. But top prospects Kreider, Grachev, Zucarello, and McDonagh still remain at the top of their list along with Christian Thomas whose 2011 season has surely boosted his value.

The Red Wings come in at #10, blah blah...

The Black Hawks come in at #11, blah blah...

The Maple Leafs, #12, had the greatest haul of prospects come into their organization this year. With Colbourne and Gardiner coming in trades, and Reimer establishing himself as one of the better goalie prospects.

I'm not doing this anymore, as it is getting rather boring, and pointless, but we all get the scoop.

Insightful. Thanks for the homework that offers some reference putting it into perspective.

I voted 6-10. I think it will be 10.
If, however, they can get that skating guru they have, what's her name, to work Tysen Dowzak and one or two others who have all they physical gifts to otherwise excel except for skating, then we crack the top 5.

3Four3 05-14-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 33040551)
I voted 6-10. I think it will be 10.
If, however, they can get that skating guru they have, what's her name, to work Tysen Dowzak and one or two others who have all they physical gifts to otherwise excel except for skating, then we crack the top 5.

Barbara Underhill.

I think all the young bloods, even the ones currently on the Rangers roster, should practice with her.

BlueshirtBlitz 05-14-2011 02:53 PM

Barb was able to help Boyle so much because she focused specifically on him and they worked hard all summer.

She's not going to magically be able to take every prospect over the summer and teach them how to skate. It's a long and difficult process that she can probably do only with one, maybe two, guys at a time.

bernmeister 05-14-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Four3 (Post 33040614)
Barbara Underhill.

I think all the young bloods, even the ones currently on the Rangers roster, should practice with her.

Thanks and agree, except it's really sad that a couple of guys with strength, stamina, strong shot, solid position, etc, aren't progressing because they of what seems to be only one drawback they might be able to overcome, their footwork. Those are the ones who really need special tutoring.

3Four3 05-14-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 33040697)
Barb was able to help Boyle so much because she focused specifically on him and they worked hard all summer.

She's not going to magically be able to take every prospect over the summer and teach them how to skate. It's a long and difficult process that she can probably do only with one, maybe two, guys at a time.

If I'm not mistaken, she also helped other players for other teams as well. Maple Leafs being associated with her also springs to mind.

bernmeister 05-14-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 33040697)

Yes!
And Dowzak is a Boyle-esque candidate for this; taller (6'5 o5 6'6, I forget which), but reportedly very strong, good stamina, hard, heavy shot.

In Tysen's case, as a D, if you wanted to rush him or accept certain limitations in his game to get the benefits of the rest of his game, as someone strong enough to clear the crease, he could be paired with a faster guy like Gilroy, MDZ, work in tandem.
If only he could break that barrier.. would be a real asset.