HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Speculation: Bob Boughner? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=915191)

hfboardsuser 05-18-2011 12:34 PM

Bob Boughner?
 
According to Aaron Portzline, former Windsor Spitfires head coach and current Jackets assistant Bob Boughner is leaving the team after just one season. Current speculation on the Columbus board is that he's in line for a head coaching somewhere, but I have to wonder if he's perhaps headed here. In his resignation, he outlined a need to be closer to Windsor in order to look after "business interests" there. Any of the Ontario teams would be best, of course, but almost any Canadian team is superior to Columbus in terms of proximity.

Tw0Shoes 05-18-2011 12:38 PM

Columbus is alot closer to Windsor than Edmonton.
Detroit would actually be his best choice.

Oilbleeder 05-18-2011 12:41 PM

I'd take him here, but we have Renney as HC, and I'm sure the front office wants to have a carousel of HC's every season.

I'd take him as an assistant, but once again, it means more change of assistant coaches who were one year away from being hired, unless it's Bucky, but we know he'll be here until he wants to quit hockey.

I think he's on his way to Ottawa maybe.

joestevens29 05-18-2011 12:43 PM

Ottawa is about the most logical answer.

Jimmi Jenkins 05-18-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilbleeder (Post 33108187)
I'd take him here, but we have Renney as HC, and I'm sure the front office wants to have a carousel of HC's every season.

I'd take him as an assistant, but once again, it means more change of assistant coaches who were one year away from being hired, unless it's Bucky, but we know he'll be here until he wants to quit hockey.

I think he's on his way to Ottawa maybe.

Wasn't Kreuger an associate coach, as opposed to a assistant coach? I mean it could just be semantics, but I thought that meant he had a bigger role, that would be good for someone like Boughner going forward with a rebuilding team, one would think maybe.

Pros and Cons 05-18-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 33108078)
According to Aaron Portzline, former Windsor Spitfires head coach and current Jackets assistant Bob Boughner is leaving the team after just one season. Current speculation on the Columbus board is that he's in line for a head coaching somewhere, but I have to wonder if he's perhaps headed here. In his resignation, he outlined a need to be closer to Windsor in order to look after "business interests" there. Any of the Ontario teams would be best, of course, but almost any Canadian team is superior to Columbus in terms of proximity.

Have you looked at a map lately? How in the blazes is Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver closer in proximity to Windsor then Columbus. You almost certainly will see him in the Eastern Conference (if there is an opening for him) as those NHL teams will have better constant travel interaction with Windsor.

Calgary Oilers 05-18-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 33108214)
Ottawa is about the most logical answer.

I think so too.

joestevens29 05-18-2011 12:57 PM

In all fairness to being closer to Windsor, how is CBJ really even that far in the first place?

Oilbleeder 05-18-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 33108232)
Wasn't Kreuger an associate coach, as opposed to a assistant coach? I mean it could just be semantics, but I thought that meant he had a bigger role, that would be good for someone like Boughner going forward with a rebuilding team, one would think maybe.

Don't get me wrong, he'd be great for us.

If he replaced Bucky, it'd be a pretty positive addition. He's worked with Hall before, so he knows what makes Hall tick(score etc), he's also created a pretty damn good offensive team in Windsor in his junior days.

He'd probably improve our PP if he took over, and he has other positives which could really help our young team.

I'm just not sure we'll have the chance to take him considering our relationship with Bucky and him wanting probably a HC position, and a team like Ottawa probably happy to offer him one.

Reimer 05-18-2011 01:13 PM

Yeah Bugg you're great on prospects and such. But I question the geography that you use to make your argument.

Paralyzer 05-18-2011 03:07 PM

Well, if you think about it, traveling from Columbus to Windsor, you still have to deal with customs and all that fun stuff. Maybe Bugg was refering to less hassle going from Edmonton to Windsor than Columbus to Windsor :dunno:

Why don't we do this:

Head Coach - Tom Renney
Associate Coach - Bob Boughner
Assistant Coach - Kelly Buchberger
Assistant Coach - Steve Smith

I mean, it could work.

oilerfan17 05-18-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Oilers (Post 33110472)
Well, if you think about it, traveling from Columbus to Windsor, you still have to deal with customs and all that fun stuff. Maybe Bugg was refering to less hassle going from Edmonton to Windsor than Columbus to Windsor :dunno:

Why don't we do this:

Head Coach - Tom Renney
Associate Coach - Bob Boughner
Assistant Coach - Kelly Buchberger
Assistant Coach - Steve Smith

I mean, it could work.

If I were to ditch one current assistant coach, Ralph Krueger would not be him.

Paralyzer 05-18-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan17 (Post 33110580)
If I were to ditch one current assistant coach, Ralph Krueger would not be him.

No but I heard rumors in the past he wasn`t gonna be back (unless those were false ones). If he is still here, then sure, keep him, and get rid of Buchberger.

the word* 05-18-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 33108078)
According to Aaron Portzline, former Windsor Spitfires head coach and current Jackets assistant Bob Boughner is leaving the team after just one season. Current speculation on the Columbus board is that he's in line for a head coaching somewhere, but I have to wonder if he's perhaps headed here. In his resignation, he outlined a need to be closer to Windsor in order to look after "business interests" there. Any of the Ontario teams would be best, of course, but almost any Canadian team is superior to Columbus in terms of proximity.

The only thing I didn't like on that Spitfires team was the coaching. I didn't like their breakout system, and far as team toughness goes, after Kassian, Ellis was probably their most physical player. Boughner has a nice resume but I would take a pass.

Oil_in_my_veins 05-18-2011 05:02 PM

not a chance he is going to move to Edmonton. He's got too much on his plate here in Windsor.

http://www.am800cklw.com/headlines.php

Bob Boughner is focusing his attention back on the Windsor Spitfires. The Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL have announced Boughner has stepped down as an assistant coach after just one season. Boughner is part-owner and president of the Spitfires and led the franchise to back-to-back Memorial Cup championships in 2009 and 2010.


Renney and the co. are developing a system in Edmonton. why change it mid stream?

frag2 05-18-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Oilers (Post 33110734)
No but I heard rumors in the past he wasn`t gonna be back (unless those were false ones). If he is still here, then sure, keep him, and get rid of Buchberger.

It was something along the lines of him going to Germany after his contract with Oilers up..which I believe is after next season

Reimer 05-18-2011 05:06 PM

I think getting rid of both Smith and Bucky would do wonders for us.

Moneypuck 05-18-2011 05:59 PM

Like to see Jason Smith have a shot at a job in Edmonton, maybe a year or two in Oklahoma to start.

napaneeoilfan 05-18-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Oilers (Post 33110472)
Well, if you think about it, traveling from Columbus to Windsor, you still have to deal with customs and all that fun stuff. Maybe Bugg was refering to less hassle going from Edmonton to Windsor than Columbus to Windsor :dunno:

Why don't we do this:

Head Coach - Tom Renney
Associate Coach - Bob Boughner
Assistant Coach - Kelly Buchberger
Assistant Coach - Steve Smith

I mean, it could work.

What the heck does an associate coach do vs an assistant coach? Could this guy teach how to win a face off, or not stand like statues on the power play.

Giant Moo 05-18-2011 07:44 PM

A lot of people here who see customs as a zero-cost overhead.

Must be a lot of people who have never traveled before.

Oil_in_my_veins 05-18-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reimer (Post 33112230)
I think getting rid of both Smith and Bucky would do wonders for us.

why?

Alberta Oilfire 05-18-2011 08:26 PM

Getting rid of Bucky is all that matters to me, and as said in previous threads and posts, I can't believe a grinder is running our powerplay this needs to be fixed

chrisj 05-18-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Moo (Post 33114526)
A lot of people here who see customs as a zero-cost overhead.

Must be a lot of people who have never traveled before.

I could be wrong - but I'd be willing to bet NHL players aren't going through the same customs line we do. :) (and actually, I don't think it has ever taken me more than 5 mins to get through customs...)

40oz 05-18-2011 11:22 PM

Ottawa would make sense, they havent made their annual Coaching change yet.

Pros and Cons 05-19-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Moo (Post 33114526)
A lot of people here who see customs as a zero-cost overhead.

Must be a lot of people who have never traveled before.


Unfortunatly there are only 6 Canadian teams, therefore he will still have to go through customs no matter where he goes. So customs should not be an issue regardless. Thanks for stopping by.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.