HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AD: Goalie Wanted (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=915280)

ShawnTHW 05-18-2011 07:03 PM

AD: Goalie Wanted

I lol'd

http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2011/05/569...2f2dd673_b.jpg

Chicken Chaser 05-18-2011 07:08 PM

this is awesome, could make for a funny more elaborate guerilla advertising campaign city wide as the off season goes on.

Vikke 05-18-2011 07:15 PM

Haha. Nice.

Intentional Icing 05-18-2011 08:02 PM

One of those popped up at my work in university city

had to keep it up :D

infidelappel* 05-18-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna (Post 33113911)

Our of curiosity, whereabouts in UCity do you work? God, I miss that neighborhood...

(former Drexel student here.)

On a side note, I meet all of this ad's requirements. Moreover, I can actually play goal. Application sent....

ChumpyG 05-19-2011 12:28 AM

"Experience the thrill of being recognized by white people citywide." :laugh:

It's funny cuz it's true.

Coppy 05-19-2011 01:05 AM

Heh. Reminds me of this.

mypunkrock 05-19-2011 01:14 AM

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wan/2367065514.html

This was up the night we lost to Boston in game 4. Still hilarious.

dingbathero 05-19-2011 01:41 AM

Gold!

IrishSniper87 05-19-2011 09:53 AM

Exotic locations and Buffalo made my head hurt, and I know it's a joke.

whatthef 05-19-2011 07:31 PM

It's funny but they should be refereed to Homer not Lavy.

Intentional Icing 05-19-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 33114168)
Our of curiosity, whereabouts in UCity do you work? God, I miss that neighborhood...

On a side note, I meet all of this ad's requirements. Moreover, I can actually play goal. Application sent....

I work at a restaurant called Baby Blue's BBQ. It's on 34th and Samson St. right next to a bar called The New Deck (I believe).

infidelappel* 05-19-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna (Post 33136113)
I work at a restaurant called Baby Blue's BBQ. It's on 34th and Samson St. right next to a bar called The New Deck (I believe).

Interesting...I've heard about that place, but it was after my time. That was the Bubble Tea house before I graduated in 09.

Intentional Icing 05-20-2011 01:11 AM

Yeah that's what I've heard from working there.

If you're in the area some time you should check it out. We have a 2 ton smoker that we use to smoke our pork, brisket, memphis and baby back ribs and chicken. The food is amazing and it's reasonably priced. Plus, any HFB flyers fan eats for free if I'm on the line that night :)

infidelappel* 05-20-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna (Post 33141705)
Yeah that's what I've heard from working there.

If you're in the area some time you should check it out. We have a 2 ton smoker that we use to smoke our pork, brisket, memphis and baby back ribs and chicken. The food is amazing and it's reasonably priced. Plus, any HFB flyers fan eats for free if I'm on the line that night :)

Haha next time I'm down there, I'll let you know.

Sadly, I had to move to NYC for work, so I'm only around rarely....god I miss Philly.

Mathradio 05-20-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 33114168)

Hope the Flyers faithful won't be too hard on you and I hope you play well in the pre-season...:sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 33125529)
Exotic locations and Buffalo made my head hurt, and I know it's a joke.

Too funny to be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatthef (Post 33134038)
It's funny but they should be refereed to Homer not Lavy.

Maybe the one that started the joke thought that Laviolette would then refer his goaltender of choice to Homer, who will have that goalie signed.:)

BernieParent 05-20-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna (Post 33113911)

For some posts, context is everything.

Beef Invictus 05-20-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 33158029)
For some posts, context is everything.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/q...eandKermit.gif

stick 05-21-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 33112994)

Can you make one with GM Wanted on it and CEO :yo:

Beef Invictus 05-21-2011 01:35 PM

I will never understand why people think Snider is a bad owner. It's like saying Michael Jordan sucks at basketball.

35NW8ING 05-21-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 33165458)
I will never understand why people think Snider is a bad owner. It's like saying Michael Jordan sucks at basketball.

Because he's too stubborn to get out of his own way, kinda like the guy across the street coaching the football team. Jordan is an eight or more time champion. Uncle Ed may be a champion in the business world, but in case you weren't aware, it's 36 years and counting here.

stick 05-24-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35NW8ING (Post 33173480)
Because he's too stubborn to get out of his own way, kinda like the guy across the street coaching the football team. Jordan is an eight or more time champion. Uncle Ed may be a champion in the business world, but in case you weren't aware, it's 36 years and counting here.

:handclap:

We're so sorry Uncle Eddie , We're so sorry Uncle Eddie
We're so sorry, Uncle Eddie,
But there's no one left at home
And i believe i'm gonna rain.

PT Barnum of ice hockey Uncle Ed

FreshPerspective 05-24-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 33165458)

I have my qualms with Snider. Don't fault him for caring because he obviously cares alot and wants this team to succeed but I think he cares too much to the point of being stubborn. I don't like his "cosa nostra" philosophy with keeping things in the family. He needs to think out of the box a bit more (bring people in from outside the organization more for different perspectives) but his philosophy is generally pretty conservative and loyal. I still think if he had a bigger set he would have tried to snag Yzerman but sadly he's sold on Holmgren and Clarke "the rasputin" of the Flyers who still has Holmgren's ear as he's admitted. Shelley is one of those examples if you go back and look at why he was acquired....

stick 05-27-2011 10:53 AM

Ring Ring ! Hello Uncle Ed it's your nephew Paul.

I should have never traded Downie to the Tampa Bay along with Steve Eminger for defenceman Matt Carle. Bobby drafted Steve and said I should not make the trade. Looks like Downie may be a star.

Uncle Ed ----- Don't worry about it Paul we will just play God Bless America more often that will make the fans forget about the trade:laugh:

Downie was traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning along with Steve Eminger for defenceman Matt Carle.
:cry:

phillyfanatic 05-27-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick (Post 33269629)
I should have never traded Downie to the Tampa Bay along with Steve Eminger for defenceman Matt Carle. Bobby drafted Steve and said I should not make the trade. Looks like Downie may be a star.

Uncle Ed ----- Don't worry about it Paul we will just play God Bless America more often that will make the fans forget about the trade:laugh:

Downie was traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning along with Steve Eminger for defenceman Matt Carle.
:cry:

I didn't like that trade, but IMO - it was a necessary evil. Downie could not flurish as a Flyer, he was one of my favorite players at the time - but he had to go. The NHL hates the Flyers on reputation, Downie on our team.....was just too much. Seriously, how did he get 20 games for a hit we see on sportscenter from other players once a month? I still shake my head at that. Now in Tampa he can kick Crosby and get away with it. Imagine if he was still a Flyer....