HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: How Bad is Time Warner For Ranger Watching? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=916244)

Mr Atoz* 05-21-2011 09:02 AM

How Bad is Time Warner For Ranger Watching?
 
I may move from hating Cablevision territory to hating Time Warner territory. As of last year, Cablevision began broadcasting MSG 2++ extra etc. in HD so all Ranger games are now in HD. Is the same true for TW? I know the story for FIOS so that's not an option.

CH2 05-21-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Atoz (Post 33163678)
I may move from hating Cablevision territory to hating Time Warner territory. As of last year, Cablevision began broadcasting MSG 2++ extra etc. in HD so all Ranger games are now in HD. Is the same true for TW? I know the story for FIOS so that's not an option.

It depends where you're moving, anywhere in Upstate NY you'll get maybe a quarter of the Rangers games because TW will blackout MSG for the Sabres, many times even when the Sabres aren't playing. This year they added MSG2 on 1051 so you could theoretically watch the Rangers game (SD) but I think I only got the actual game once rather than a blackout. You're going to have to really enjoy streams off the internet.

Mr Atoz* 05-21-2011 09:40 AM

I'm staying in the city.

Megustaelhockey 05-21-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Atoz (Post 33163885)
I'm staying in the city.

It'll be ok. The vast majority of games will be in HD, but MSG2 games will not be.

broadwayblue 05-21-2011 11:28 AM

You'll have to watch a half a dozen games or so on some scrub SD channel (198) and curse about it for a couple hours each time. lol Why they can't simply accommodate one more HD channel is beyond me at this point.

Radek27 05-22-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey (Post 33163994)
It'll be ok. The vast majority of games will be in HD, but MSG2 games will not be.

This is about the worst part for me with Time Warner. The other being when they are on MSG2 it's a real adventure looking through the 1,900 channels to find the game. Somehow the Islanders and Devils get a higher priority for HD games on the MSG Network than the Rangers which I just don't understand.

3Four3 05-22-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 33179992)
This is about the worst part for me with Time Warner. The other being when they are on MSG2 it's a real adventure looking through the 1,900 channels to find the game. Somehow the Islanders and Devils get a higher priority for HD games on the MSG Network than the Rangers which I just don't understand.

Which begs the question: Why no MSG3?

OverTheCap 05-22-2011 02:52 PM

Asides from the MSG2 nonsense, I have also encountered instances where the Versus HD feed cuts out or comes in choppy so I have to watch the SD feed instead.

Mr Atoz* 05-22-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap (Post 33181846)
Asides from the MSG2 nonsense, I have also encountered instances where the Versus HD feed cuts out or comes in choppy so I have to watch the SD feed instead.

Really? I have no problem with it on Cablevision.

OverTheCap 05-22-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Atoz (Post 33182257)
Really? I have no problem with it on Cablevision.

Yeah, it may be a problem that is unique to TWC. It happens on some other HD channels as well. I'm not sure if it's a signal issue or just a faulty box.

Mr Atoz* 05-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap (Post 33182612)
Yeah, it may be a problem that is unique to TWC. It happens on some other HD channels as well. I'm not sure if it's a signal issue or just a faulty box.

Then I doubt that it's related to versus. It could be a signal problem or it could be something as simple as your cables being loose. Cablevision's signal has improved significantly in the past couple of years.

GarretJoseph* 05-22-2011 06:40 PM

I'm fine with TW, been with them for years. Great HD, lots of channels (I get the full package) and pretty good high speed internet for what's available. You won't have any issues unless it's a building issue (if you're moving into an apartment in a building and the lines are old)

Machinehead 05-22-2011 07:16 PM

To me it doesn't really matter how you're watching the Rangers; it's sadistic torture either way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.