HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm - Ott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=916687)

Joey Moss 05-22-2011 07:35 PM

Edm - Ott

:sens Andrew Cogliano

:edmonton Chris Neil

Both teams have expressed interest in both players in the past.. Edmonton was one of the few teams willing to give Neil a multi year contract when he was a Free Agent and Ottawa already traded for Cogliano before. I'm sure most Oilers fans would be on board with it, what do Sens fans think?

Lottery Oilers* 05-22-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 33189095)
:sens Andrew Cogliano

:edmonton Chris Neil

Both teams have expressed interest in both players in the past.. Edmonton was one of the few teams willing to give Neil a multi year contract when he was a Free Agent and Ottawa already traded for Cogliano before. I'm sure most Oilers fans would be on board with it, what do Sens fans think?

Chris Neil is garbage.

He was decent 3 or 4 years ago but he's a big puddy cat now.

Puritania 05-22-2011 07:42 PM

I'd do it as an Oil fan, stone hands is one of my least favorite players.

As far as I know Neil has said he wouldn't want to play for the Oil though so it might not work out for us in the end.

Marvelous Manked 05-22-2011 07:42 PM

No. Neil is a perfect 3rd line RW for us, and has been a Senator for life. Cogliano isn't a top 6 centre, and we have Smith, Regin, Winchester, and Da Costa all fighting for roster spots.

White Goodman 05-22-2011 07:44 PM

Cogliano is useless. Will he stick up for our rookies? No. Will he be an asset to the Senators roster? No.

Marvelous Manked 05-22-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreasyGrinder (Post 33189198)
Chris Neil is garbage.

He was decent 3 or 4 years ago but he's a big puddy cat now.

So is Cogliano. And Neil isn't garbage, I suggest you get off hockeydb and go watch him play. He's not what he used tobe, but is still a great player to have.

Lottery Oilers* 05-22-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog (Post 33189259)
Cogliano is useless. Will he stick up for our rookies? No. Will he be an asset to the Senators roster? No.

Ha.

Who does Neil stick up for? He plays with the "code". He goes after tough guys and that's it.

He's been garbage since Gary Roberts ran his show in the playoffs like 4-5 years ago.

TheSpaceCoyote 05-22-2011 07:46 PM

We already have Regin and Da Costa who are going to be fighting for the 2nd line centre role so I don't see the need for a player like Cogliano.

Lottery Oilers* 05-22-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 33189266)
So is Cogliano. And Neil isn't garbage, I suggest you get off hockeydb and go watch him play. He's not what he used tobe, but is still a great player to have.

Not saying Cogs is great.

But Cogs +31 had Florida's 15th overall pick last year so he has some value.

Edmonton would be better of trading him for a 3rd or 4th and givng Stortini a qualify offer.

BTW I probably know more about the Sens than you.

Marvelous Manked 05-22-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreasyGrinder (Post 33189319)
Not saying Cogs is great.

But Cogs +31 had Florida's 15th overall pick last year so he has some value.

Edmonton would be better of trading him for a 3rd or 4th and givng Stortini a qualify offer.

BTW I probably know more about the Sens than you.

Doubt it, seeing as I have absolutely no life outside of hockey...And spend hours on the Sens board each night....

But if your serious, try me...

EDIT you just made yourself sound like an idiot saying this on a forum...

A, why does it matter

B, how are you going to prove that

Lottery Oilers* 05-22-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 33189399)
Doubt it, seeing as I have absolutely no life outside of hockey...And spend hours on the Sens board each night....

haha.

Do you remember in the playoffs like 4 years ago when Gary Roberts hit someone from behind and then he was roughing up one of the Sens skilled players) Chris Neil had ahold of Crosby in a scrum at the exact same time and he just watched Gary Roberts do his thing and didn't even give Crosby a freaking face wash.

That's the type of player he is.

He plays with the "code". He doesn't scare anyone.

Lottery Oilers* 05-22-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

A, why does it matter

I don't really care.

Except you were saying get off hockeydb and watch a game.

I've watched enough to know he sucks now the same way Ethan Moreau sucks now.

Joey Moss 05-22-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 33189238)
No. Neil is a perfect 3rd line RW for us, and has been a Senator for life. Cogliano isn't a top 6 centre, and we have Smith, Regin, Winchester, and Da Costa all fighting for roster spots.

Cogliano is very much capable of being a 2nd line C, and a good one.

I have a soft spot for Cogliano, Pat Quinn ruined him. He's not a 3rd line grinding type of player but that's exactly what Quinn made him. Cogliano never complained about it and he just stuck with it and that's why I respect him so much.

When Cogliano was the Oilers 2nd line center, he put up 45 and 37 points respectively in his first two NHL seasons.. I think Cogliano can be a 50 point player in this league but it's never going to be in Edmonton.

HF's typical thought of Cogliano is that he's garbage because of the "what's he done for me lately" crap that people fall for on this board. If anyone actually follows the Oilers they would know that when Cogliano was given the opportunity to play with guys like Penner and Brule in a top 6 role he did very well. Give him a full season playing 2nd line minutes in Ottawa and he'd do great IMO.

TSA0402 05-22-2011 08:09 PM

I like Cogliano, can't stand Chris Neil. But as a Sens fan I still can't do this. Don't see him becoming anything more than a mediocre 2C or a tweener which we don't need right now.

jumptheshark 05-22-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

A, why does it matter

Jim matthieson of the Edmonton journal reported on the offer and I believe there was a bit on it in oil change--oilers then tried to see what it would to flip that pick for another top 5 pick--price was eberle so the oilers said no to the first deal

Shanny 05-22-2011 08:40 PM

nah, would rather keep Neiler.

Marvelous Manked 05-22-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 33189647)
[/B]

Jim matthieson of the Edmonton journal reported on the offer and I believe there was a bit on it in oil change--oilers then tried to see what it would to flip that pick for another top 5 pick--price was eberle so the oilers said no to the first deal

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the guy who told me he knew more about the Sens than me.

Hale The Villain 05-22-2011 09:09 PM

Cogliano for a late pick, mediocre prospect or a fringe NHLer.

Nothing more.

SDig14 05-22-2011 10:13 PM

I'd rather just try to sign Ben Eager and keep one our best PKers, especially when our special teams are rather poor.

IMO, Eager is more proactive in this stage of their careers. He won't wait for Hall to get run, he will go out there and run someone regardless, while sticking up for our young rookies.

On the other hand, Neil is more discliplined, and when Eager loses it he can put himself ahead of the team. However, since the Oilers aren't winning anytime soon, who cares?

If only Big Mac would play like he did in the last few games....

thadd 05-22-2011 11:41 PM

Anything to stop cogliano from taking faceoffs with edmonton next year. Wait a minute...we could toss brule in too as a bonus!

SpezDispenser 05-22-2011 11:42 PM

No thanks. And wow, don't feed that Greast Grinder troll.

trentmccleary 05-23-2011 12:22 AM

I'm guessing based on Ottawa media commentary that Chris Neil is being kept around to be a leader, particularly a "great practice player, always 100% effort and team guy"... or something to that effect.

Clamshells 05-23-2011 12:25 AM

Wasn't Edmonton one of the 10 teams he wouldn't accept a trade to at the deadline this year?

Roof Daddy 05-23-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDig14 (Post 33191287)
I'd rather just try to sign Ben Eager and keep one our best PKers, especially when our special teams are rather poor.

IMO, Eager is more proactive in this stage of their careers. He won't wait for Hall to get run, he will go out there and run someone regardless, while sticking up for our young rookies.

On the other hand, Neil is more discliplined, and when Eager loses it he can put himself ahead of the team. However, since the Oilers aren't winning anytime soon, who cares?

If only Big Mac would play like he did in the last few games....

Agreed. Cogs - if moved to wing- would be a good 3rd line RW capable of 15 goals and 30+pts. Eager would cost nothing in assets and is probably a realistic option as another year of limited playing time/role with a contender may have him looking for opportunity for regular shifts (which he'll definitely get in Edmonton).

As mentioned, I'm positive EDM was on Neil's list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to.

SDig14 05-23-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 33192850)
Agreed. Cogs - if moved to wing- would be a good 3rd line RW capable of 15 goals and 30+pts. Eager would cost nothing in assets and is probably a realistic option as another year of limited playing time/role with a contender may have him looking for opportunity for regular shifts (which he'll definitely get in Edmonton).

As mentioned, I'm positive EDM was on Neil's list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to.

Ya, agreed in full. And yes, I'm 99.9% sure Edmonton was on Neil's "no dice" list at the deadline.