HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ex-Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=91804)

kingjdv 07-16-2004 06:39 PM

Ex-Prospect

For those of you who like to keep track of ex-"future"- Flyers, former Phantom fav Francis Belanger has signed with the Richmond Riverdogs of the UHL.

Belanger was a scrapper who was let go by the Flyers due to personal problems. He caught on with Montreal and caught fire in the AHL earning himself a promotion to the Big Show. He fizzled out just as quick.

Bonus points if you remember which Flyer tuned him up.

paxtang 07-16-2004 07:23 PM

Chris McCallister.

King Fish 07-16-2004 10:27 PM

Belanger was the guy who went with Lindros in the pre-season. Quote: "He got his 15 seconds of fame". I thought he got traded to Nashville or Atlanta, I don't remember him with Montreal.

fan mao rong 07-17-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Fish
Belanger was the guy who went with Lindros in the pre-season. Quote: "He got his 15 seconds of fame". I thought he got traded to Nashville or Atlanta, I don't remember him with Montreal.

I say that was Steve McLaren, Kyle's brother.

King Fish 07-17-2004 05:28 PM

Was Belanger the guy that colided with Lindros in pre-season causing one of his many concussions?

Pontifex Maximus* 07-17-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Fish
Was Belanger the guy that colided with Lindros in pre-season causing one of his many concussions?

That was Lessard at a Phantoms practice.

kingjdv 07-18-2004 05:53 AM

good one Pax

kingjdv 07-18-2004 05:57 AM

No...Delmore, Beckett, and Divisek went to Preds (I think Petr Hubacek went there too). DiPenta and Lessard went to ATL. Belanger was released, not traded.

King Fish 07-18-2004 11:13 AM

Looks like I got that one wrong in more than one place.

Pontifex Maximus* 07-18-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
No...Delmore, Beckett, and Divisek went to Preds (I think Petr Hubacek went there too). DiPenta and Lessard went to ATL. Belanger was released, not traded.

Divisek was loaned to Phoenix.

fan mao rong 07-19-2004 10:38 AM

Divisek went to Europe, and is still on the Flyers reserve list. See www.philadelphiaflyers.com and see the list under team , then go to prospects.

Pontifex Maximus* 07-19-2004 10:47 AM

Colin Shields has been at the LA Kings prospect camp, playing on a line with Sidney Crosby. But apparently the Flyers still have time to sign him and are working on it.

And here's something I found at another board:

McKeens singled out Flyers as one of 4 draft day winners (together with Caps, Nucks and Sens) - below is their comment to Flyers' picks:

The Philadelphia Flyers
For a team that did not pick until late in round three, they really cleaned up on draft day .. Rob Bellamy is tough-nosed and physical and dominated the EJHL last year .. R.J. Anderson might be the best high school player in the draft, save for Blake Wheeler .. we feel that David Laliberte really burned out last year, but we’ve seen guys recover from bad campaigns and he did look great the season before. Although it is clear that his offensive upside is not what once thought, he might turn out to be a pretty solid player at both ends of the ice .. Chris Zarb was a second-half riser on McKeen’s - he’s a positionally-strong, lean blueliner whose head we like a lot .. we said before that we have not been impressed with Gino Pisellini, but perhaps if he can focus his energy on the right things, he could turn out to be a decent pest. Ironically, Fredrik Cabana was a much better energy pick-up, but he went in round six .. average-sized, but aggressive and hard-driving Slovak Ladislav Scurko is a terrific mid-round pick-up - he impressed us with his involvement in traffic .. Martin Houle was one of the best goalies in junior all year, whose stock may have dipped for a few reasons: this was his second year of eligibility, he was relegated to back-up duty with the return of Marc-Andre Fleury late in the year, and he, at times, struggled with his five-hole last season. Regardless, were were surprised he fell that low .. our Western scout had very nice things to say about Travis Gawryletz; the well-built defender is quick, with a good reach and good decision-making abilities, but would benefit by adding more grit to his game .. Bobby Clarke made it no secret that, if available, he would take John Carter with the Flyers’ final pick. The Brewster forward has good skills, but his young career so far has been stormy due to a string of personal problems. Carter possesses soft hands and good speed.

54fightin 07-19-2004 03:46 PM

interesting comments from McKeens

thanks for the post, deserves its own thread.

FlyHigh 07-19-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54fightin
thanks for the post, deserves its own thread.

cough *mods* cough