HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: robyn regehr to the sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=918220)

oilerfan1989* 05-27-2011 02:19 PM

robyn regehr to the sharks
 
Title says it all, sj needs a little bit of help on the back end. Regehr is big, solid, mean, durable,and fairly good defensively. I think he'd be a good fit for sj. hes not gna put up tons of points, hes not a dan boyle type of player. hes a just a sturdy, hardworking, stay out home dman.

He might be that missing piece that will help the sharks get over that hump. ( the western conf finals :naughty: )

So what would the sharks have to give up to get REGEHR?

i dont know if shark fans are interested in him, but my personal opinion is that he would be a good fit.

thoughts?

magic school bus 05-27-2011 02:40 PM

we dont need 1-way defensive defenseman. i'll pass.

hopefully DW does too.

matt trick 05-27-2011 02:40 PM

We'd have to give up one of Clowe, Couture, or Pavelski, and I have no interest in that. If we aren't getting an ideal fit (Pronger, Chara, Suter, Weber, Burns, Coburn, Staal, Girardi, Bogosian, Ballard, Yandle, EJ, or JJ), I'd only want to deal picks, and Regehr should and will/would, demand a quality roster player.

Backlund 05-27-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt trick (Post 33273861)
We'd have to give up one of Clowe, Couture, or Pavelski, and I have no interest in that. If we aren't getting an ideal fit (Pronger, Chara, Suter, Weber, Burns, Coburn, Staal, Girardi, Bogosian, Ballard, Yandle, EJ, or JJ), I'd only want to deal picks, and Regehr should and will/would, demand a quality roster player.


Pavelski sounds about right. If we did move Regehr, there would have to be a center coming back.

matt trick 05-27-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number Eight (Post 33274184)
Pavelski sounds about right. If we did move Regehr, there would have to be a center coming back.

And personally, I think we need Pavelski a hell of a lot more than we need Regehr.

oilerfan1989* 05-27-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt trick (Post 33273861)
We'd have to give up one of Clowe, Couture, or Pavelski, and I have no interest in that. If we aren't getting an ideal fit (Pronger, Chara, Suter, Weber, Burns, Coburn, Staal, Girardi, Bogosian, Ballard, Yandle, EJ, or JJ), I'd only want to deal picks, and Regehr should and will/would, demand a quality roster player.


ya i agree with what your saying. the chances of you getting any of the dman you named is unlikely, as well as my proposal. But all the dman you named would cost alot more then regehr.

i personally dont think regehr would be a terrible option.

when july 1st rolls around, which dmen do you think they'll target? wisniewski? sopel?
babchuck?


do you think they'll try and resign white?

BrianSmith 05-27-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 (Post 33274845)
ya i agree with what your saying. the chances of you getting any of the dman you named is unlikely, as well as my proposal. But all the dman you named would cost alot more then regehr.

i personally dont think regehr would be a terrible option.

when july 1st rolls around, which dmen do you think they'll target? wisniewski? sopel?
babchuck?


do you think they'll try and resign white?

I think the Sharks board is about 50/50 on if they think White will be back next year. We need him, but it is clear that we need more than him.

I'd like to see him back but it also depends on the cap hit.

hockeyball 05-27-2011 03:53 PM

Absolutely no interest in Regehr. We need to get faster, not slower.

Seriously, I would be upset if DW got Regehr, its absolutely the wrong move.

Pinkfloyd 05-27-2011 03:56 PM

No interest in Regehr for me. Sharks need more PMD's. Having Demers hurt for the Vancouver series proved much too difficult to get out of our own zone and through the neutral zone effectively. Sharks need to get at least four d-men that can move the puck well. Boyle and Demers are two. Vlasic and Murray are not. White would be three if he's retained. I don't view Regehr as one of those guys. A defenseman on the left side that can move the puck is something that should be on DW's wish list this summer.

oilerfan1989* 05-27-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 33274886)
Absolutely no interest in Regehr. We need to get faster, not slower.

Seriously, I would be upset if DW got Regehr, its absolutely the wrong move.

well regehr is faster then murray, huskins, wallin, white, braun. so i believe you'd be getting a little faster. and stronger defensively.

im not saying regehr is the best option and only option. id just like to know who/what sj would give up to get him.


which ufa's do you think they should go after?

Pinkfloyd 05-27-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 (Post 33274953)
well regehr is faster then murray, huskins, wallin, white, braun. so i believe you'd be getting a little faster. and stronger defensively.

im not saying regehr is the best option and only option. id just like to know who/what sj would give up to get him.


which ufa's do you think they should go after?

Sorry but Regehr is not faster than White.

Beerfest* 05-27-2011 04:03 PM

Regehr would become the second best d-man on the Sharks.

oilerfan1989* 05-27-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 33274988)
Sorry but Regehr is not faster than White.

i watched them play together when they were on the flames, neither of them are fantastic skaters, but regehr is faster, and a better defensive dman then white.

oilerfan1989* 05-27-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfest (Post 33275042)
Regehr would become the second best d-man on the Sharks.

i agree with you 100%

regehr doesnt have any offensive upside, he had 2 goals 15assists this season. but he is stud in his own end, extremely physical. i think any team would be happy to have him

Steven 05-27-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfest (Post 33275042)
Regehr would become the second best d-man on the Sharks.

Nope. Murray > Regehr. Simple as that.

coldsteelonice84 05-27-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven (Post 33275184)
Nope. Murray > Regehr. Simple as that.

Yeah right.

Pinkfloyd 05-27-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 (Post 33275075)
i watched them play together when they were on the flames, neither of them are fantastic skaters, but regehr is faster, and a better defensive dman then white.

I've watched plenty of both players before and after they played together in Calgary. White is a faster skater in speed and is more mobile. Regehr is stronger on his skates and definitely better defensively. White is more what the Sharks need than Regehr is.

Beerfest* 05-27-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven (Post 33275184)
Nope. Murray > Regehr. Simple as that.

lol, no its not.

Steven 05-27-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfest (Post 33275232)
lol, no its not.

IMO. Murray has similar defensive abilities, slightly better offensive, and has a clear advantage in physicality.

Also (completely off topic but whatever) assuming you're from Calgary, are you going to Beerfest this weekend?

hockeyball 05-27-2011 04:23 PM

Where would he slot in?

Boyle - Murray = Not enough of an upgrade, if any, over Murray to warrant spending assets.

Vlasic - Demers = Vlasic is a better defensemen, and younger.

Braun - White = Regehr doesn't belong on a 3rd pairing at his cost, and both of these guys are two-way D.

Xelstyle 05-27-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 33275304)
Where would he slot in?

Boyle - Murray = Not enough of an upgrade, if any, over Murray to warrant spending assets.

Vlasic - Demers = Vlasic is a better defensemen, and younger.

Braun - White = Regehr doesn't belong on a 3rd pairing at his cost, and both of these guys are two-way D.

Basically. While you can debate about whether Murray is better than Regehr or not, because the Sharks already have Murray, they have no need for Regehr.

(I'd like to think they're fairly equal. Murray having the edge to his game whereas Regehr is just slightly better in most areas of the defensive rink. My opinion)

Beerfest* 05-27-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven (Post 33275263)
IMO. Murray has similar defensive abilities, slightly better offensive, and has a clear advantage in physicality.

Also (completely off topic but whatever) assuming you're from Calgary, are you going to Beerfest this weekend?

Regehr has more points then him over the past four years..so I dont buy the slightly better offense. Regehr is very physical also.

I was in line for it last year, but there were no tickets left and there was no guarentee that we would get in (apparently they were going to allow some people in) I didnt even know it was being done again this year until today, didnt hear about it at all this year, might go tomorrow night though, haha.

Johnny Hoxville 05-28-2011 01:44 AM

This has been talked about a number of times, but I think the only trade that "could" be made between these 2 teams is Bouwmeester for Heatley. Its an interesting thought but I do not think I would do it from the Flames prespective. Bouwmeester makes us a better team and I am not sure losing his presence is worth the stretches that Heatley would be invisible and having to deal with his poor attitude.

BrianSmith 05-28-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 33285404)
This has been talked about a number of times, but I think the only trade that "could" be made between these 2 teams is Bouwmeester for Heatley. Its an interesting thought but I do not think I would do it from the Flames prespective. Bouwmeester makes us a better team and I am not sure losing his presence is worth the stretches that Heatley would be invisible and having to deal with his poor attitude.

Value is pretty even when you consider cap hit and reputation. I swear, I'm hard pressed to find a more despised high-end defenseman than JayBo. He was grilled this year.

What would you say to Heatley + 1st for JayBo? Sharks are overpaying, but it would help them add an all around two way Defenseman who they so badly need who can eat up minutes. I think he'd be less needed for offense too, as he would most likely be paired with Boyle. I think that is one of the major gripes that people have in Calgary, is that he was expected to bring a whole lot more offense than he has brought so far. Also, before I get flamed I'm only reacting to the above suggestion of JayBo for Heater.


Marleau (6.9) - Thornton (7) - Couture (1.24)
Clowe (3.625) - Pavelski (4) - Seto (2.7)
Wellwood (.8) - __________ - Mitchel (1.37)
McGinn (.650) - Desjardins (.5) - Ferriero (.85)
Mayers (.6)

JayBo(6.8) - Boyle (6.67)
Vlassic (3.1) - Demers (1.25)
Murray(2.5) - White (3.5)

Braunn (.875)

Niemi (3.8)
Nitty (2)

=60.73

cap space about 2.5mil to sign 3rd line center

Paper 05-28-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianSmith (Post 33285601)
Value is pretty even when you consider cap hit and reputation. I swear, I'm hard pressed to find a more despised high-end defenseman than JayBo. He was grilled this year.

What would you say to Heatley + 1st for JayBo? Sharks are overpaying, but it would help them add an all around two way Defenseman who they so badly need who can eat up minutes.

I think a lot of the Heatley-Bouwmeester trades stem from the misconception that the Flames need offensive help when in fact the Flames were one of the top GF/G teams. It was their defense that was lacking and a trade based around Heatley for Bouwmeester trade wont help in that regard. Also I don't think any of the current Flame defensemen possess the transition game and outlet pass that Bouwmeester has, although I think his North-South game isn't nearly as effective as it could be on other teams given the Flames play style. That, along with the minutes he eats, makes me believe that a Heatley for Bouwmeester trade wont work without some significant overpayment coming from the Sharks.

With that said I do think the 1st in addition to Heatley would be the form of overpayment the Flames would need but I'm guessing Shark fans would dismiss that proposal quickly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.