HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Injury Report: Salvador cleared for light workouts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=918459)

Scottyk9 05-28-2011 05:20 AM

Salvador cleared for light workouts

http://truehockey.com/articles/Salva...d-for-Workouts

Site is run by Andy Strickland who has a direct line to most blues and former blues players.

onefatsurfer 05-28-2011 05:54 AM

Great news! Hopefully he gets 100% healed up soon

Devils731 05-28-2011 06:06 AM

"This is great news for a great person who fully plans on playing NHL hockey for the New Jersey Devils this season."

That line seems like it could be setting up to sit out all season again while collecting the insurance, in case insurance challenges him. This way he can say, "If course I want to play! I always fully intended to play. I just can't.". Seems an odd, legalese turn of phrase from Strickland.

dali 05-28-2011 06:23 AM

Finally some good news for Salvador, I mean really good news. Even though he's a thousand miles away from returning to professional hockey, it must mean a world to him even to get to start practicing.

It would be great to see Salvador play at least another season, even if not for the Devils, but some other team. It would be sad to see a stand-up guy like him to end his career like this.

Rob Nieds work ethic 05-28-2011 06:32 AM

Great news!

Scottyk9 05-28-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dali (Post 33286410)
Finally some good news for Salvador, I mean really good news. Even though he's a thousand miles away from returning to professional hockey, it must mean a world to him even to get to start practicing.

It would be great to see Salvador play at least another season, even if not for the Devils, but some other team. It would be sad to see a stand-up guy like him to end his career like this.

I just think that's us hoping his 2.9m stays off the cap lol

åboriginal 05-28-2011 06:45 AM

id really like to know exactly wtf happened. i suppose well never know.

dali 05-28-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by åboriginal (Post 33286461)

I bet he read some of the main board's proposals to "relieve" Devils' cap hell and started having bad headaches.

Scottyk9 05-28-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by åboriginal (Post 33286461)

If he really is just getting cleared now him going head first into the boards in Philly wasn't just a ploy. It didn't look bad at the time but he must of hit just the wrong way.

Saugus 05-28-2011 08:26 AM

Glad to hear Salvador is closer to returning. We definitely missed his presence more than we realise last season.

Devils731 05-28-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 33286608)
If he really is just getting cleared now him going head first into the boards in Philly wasn't just a ploy. It didn't look bad at the time but he must of hit just the wrong way.

He also has that inner ear problem. I know absolutely nothing about his actual medical reports, none of us do, but I wouldn't be surprised if his head is too screwed up to ever play hockey again. He gets head problems incredibly easily and you never know if you've ever recovered from a severe concussion for sure. I wouldn't retire, because then I lose out on 2.9 million dollars, but I find it unlikely a person would risk going back in the ice with such a fragile head.

CerebralGenesis 05-28-2011 09:15 AM

Hmm so it looks like the cap won't be a breeze after all. Glad he's healthy tho.

We did need another defensive dman...

vonbonds 05-28-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis (Post 33287128)
Hmm so it looks like the cap won't be a breeze after all. Glad he's healthy tho.

We did need another defensive dman...

I agree. As desperate as we are for cap space it is a shame it comes at someones genuine demise in regards to his health. I hope Salvador has a complete recovery and we deal with the cap conventionally (even if it is detrimental to the team).

This is the dad in me talking, I hate hearing about anyones health issues.

Saugus 05-28-2011 09:44 AM

Even with Salvador on the cap, with the cap ceiling possibly going up to $63.5 M, we'll probably have room.

Wingman77 05-28-2011 09:58 AM

It's definately good news to hear Sal is doing better

I just hope he can return to the form he was prior to the injury

Ronnie Bass 05-28-2011 10:01 AM

I think Rolston might be easier to move with him just having one year on his contract, me might have to sweeten the pot on our side but it can be done.

Scottyk9 05-28-2011 10:36 AM

Rolston had a few teams wanting him last season but the 2nd yr scared them off . At least that's what his agent said about the re-entry deal.

Pretty sure if Lou goes that route again we'll be off the hook for half of his deal.

AirheadPete 05-28-2011 10:37 AM

wellllll if hes a go for this season, ship white's useless ass outta NJ :yo:

Darius Dangleaitis 05-28-2011 10:40 AM

Salvador is the only one that actually protects the crease. He doesn't stand for any nonsense.

He might never regain NHL form, but Saugus is right. We were ********* last year in his absence.

Scottyk9 05-28-2011 10:43 AM

So if Sal is healthy DATW might get his wish. Can't see Lou carrying White Volch and Sal

White - Volchenkov ( Shut down )
Tallinder - Urbom ( 2 way )
Salvador - Greene ( little of both )
Taormina - Fayne ( extra's )

Is something I can get behind but I think Fayne will be on the team next yr in a full-time role.

Richer's Ghost 05-28-2011 10:47 AM

What? I thought he was retiring according to HF...

Backing up his words to return 100% this season I see - good.

Saugus 05-28-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 33287830)
Rolston had a few teams wanting him last season but the 2nd yr scared them off . At least that's what his agent said about the re-entry deal.

Pretty sure if Lou goes that route again we'll be off the hook for half of his deal.

I don't think he'll put Rolston through re-entry waivers again. Better to just ride out the contract now.

Ronnie Bass 05-28-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 33287897)
So if Sal is healthy DATW might get his wish. Can't see Lou carrying White Volch and Sal

Is something I can get behind but I think Fayne will be on the team next yr in a full-time role.

When I saw you had Fayne listed as the eighth defenseman I was going to say I think he will be a full-time player, the only thing that could stop him is a training camp and preseason that shows this year was a fluke.

AfroThunder396 05-28-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 33287897)

You forgot Larsson.

Getzo5 05-28-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 (Post 33289286)
You forgot Larsson.

No, he didn`t.