HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   morrison and cloutier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=91904)

little a from da bx 07-17-2004 11:10 AM

morrison and cloutier

CANUCKS COULD WALK FROM MORRISON'S AND CLOUTIER'S ARBITRATION AWARDS.

VANCOUVER SUN: Iain MacIntyre reports Canucks GM Dave Nonis isn't ruling out the possibility of walking away from the arbitration awards for centre Brendan Morrison and goalie Dan Cloutier if he deems them to be too high. Both could receive significant raises from an arbiter, with Cloutier in line for the larger of the two given his regular season stats last year and three consecutive 30-win seasons. Nonis will continue negotiating with the players but their agents say both sides remain far apart in salary talks. Nonis said he might also try to re-sign UFAs Mike Keane and Martin Rucinsky.

Spector's Note: I think the Canucks will have no choice but to swallow hard and accept both awards. Morrison is a key player on the Canucks first line and there aren't many goalies of better calibre available in the UFA market. Unless he's got some trade ideas up his sleeve, it'll make little sense to walk.

( good thing we need a center, if this is true i would love to see nyr make a move for morrison he would be a perfect fit could get first line duty and has plentyu of expienece playing with the big names and producing ( bertuzzi and naslund his line mates) could be a perfect fit here i think nyr should def go after him. and enough said buy out dunham and sign clouts if possible

morrison and cloputs would be great picks for nyr???

Forechecker 07-17-2004 11:20 AM

I'd take BM in a second. That gives us a great Michigan tradition in the Blusehsirts, and might help ease AM's transition when he finally joins the club.

Fish 07-17-2004 11:31 AM

Goaltending is a tough position to make moves in right now. The Rangers do need a backup goalie (or at least someone else down in Hartford) and have Dunham under contract for one more year. Signing Cloutier makes things that much tougher to figure out, and I'm not real keen to pay him the 3-4 million that he'll likely get in arbitration.

As for Morrison...it depends I guess on how much he's awarded in arbitration. At around 3 million he'd be a nice addition, but at that number I'd expect the Canucks to retain his services. I think it's a case of it hurting Vancouver more by losing him than paying the money.

denseistrue 07-17-2004 12:00 PM

Cloutier stinks. :lol: I wouldn't want that guy under any circumstance. He's a poor mans Dunham. You put Dunham on the Canucks the past 2 years I guarantee they get out of the first round one of the those years.

Cloutier is much like Lalime and Esche. Three losers who would get lit up on a team like the Rangers. Neither of those guys has any big time goalie talent. :help:

BobMarleyNYR 07-17-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker
I'd take BM in a second. That gives us a great Michigan tradition in the Blusehsirts, and might help ease AM's transition when he finally joins the club.

BM...? Bowell movement? :lol

Forechecker 07-17-2004 12:37 PM

:lol:

NYR469 07-17-2004 02:47 PM

morrison is overrated...take him away from naslund and bertuzzi and he isn't a #1 center anymore

Fletch 07-17-2004 03:59 PM

Put him with Jagr+

and all of the sudden he's a #1 centerman again.

NYFAN 07-17-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denseistrue
Cloutier stinks. :lol: I wouldn't want that guy under any circumstance. He's a poor mans Dunham. You put Dunham on the Canucks the past 2 years I guarantee they get out of the first round one of the those years.

Cloutier is much like Lalime and Esche. Three losers who would get lit up on a team like the Rangers. Neither of those guys has any big time goalie talent. :help:

If you think Cloutier stinks you must not have paid any attention to DONE hams play this past season! While its true our blue line leaves alot to be desired, he stunk it up plenty on his own and never came through in the clutch, even with good support at times, he gave up the momentum swinger all the time. He needs a change of scenery and he may ressurect his career, but it wont happen here.

in the hall 07-17-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
and all of the sudden he's a #1 centerman again.

haha nice come back, I was thinking the same when I read that.

LaVal 07-17-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
morrison is overrated...take him away from naslund and bertuzzi and he isn't a #1 center anymore

you have it wrong

take Morrison away from Naslund and Bertuzzi, and suddenly Bertuzzi isn't a 1st line winger anymore.

CoolDude* 07-18-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVal575
you have it wrong

take Morrison away from Naslund and Bertuzzi, and suddenly Bertuzzi isn't a 1st line winger anymore.

OK, let's leave it at this: Morrison and Bertuzzi are overrated and Naslund is soft.. and looks like Ellen Degeneres.

LaVal 07-18-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
OK, let's leave it at this: Morrison and Bertuzzi are overrated and Naslund is soft.. and looks like Ellen Degeneres.

uh-huh. not even close.

- Morrison is underrated
- Bertuzzi is overrated. the one thing you got right
- Naslund is far from soft. he's not gritty, but he's far from soft.