HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=919117)

White Spy 05-30-2011 12:36 PM

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin :

"Le camp de perfectionnement du Canadien aura lieu du 5 au 9 juin. À noter qu'Alexei Emelin et Raphael Diaz n'y participeront pas."

"#Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard. Alexei Yemelin and Raphael Diaz NOT among participants."

"Parmi les participants : Kristo, Gallagher, Naatinen, Avstin, Bournival, Dumont, Palushaj, Berger…"

knuck 05-30-2011 12:39 PM

Can we go as we please ?

White Spy 05-30-2011 12:41 PM

Normally, yes. I don't see how it would be any different this year. If you've never been to the Habs Brossard facility, you'll be able to watch them from up high, behind the glass, or if they open/unlock the doors, you'll be able to check them out from the stands, but I don't think they'll open the doors.

WeThreeKings 05-30-2011 12:49 PM

Good to see Avtsin still around. No Trunev sucks, of course.

I don't get why we don't wait until after the draft again? Wouldn't it be a better bonding thing and a good way to get the fans introduced to new draftees?

pine* 05-30-2011 12:51 PM

There were 2 development camps last year, one before and one after the draft.

We'll have to wait to see if it's gonna be the case this year.

White Spy 05-30-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 33314956)

I don't get why we don't wait until after the draft again? Wouldn't it be a better bonding thing and a good way to get the fans introduced to new draftees?

I've never thought of that, but yeah, that's a good point. We would be able to work with them immediately after being drafted. We'd be able to give them our input, and perhaps some early assignments for overall improvement. Nothing major, as they've just been drafted, but something to get the ball rolling early..

shamrun 05-30-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 33314956)

Im hoping that he gets a lot of ice time next year with the bulldogs.
We need to mold him into one of our better offensive wingers. Plus he is a beast in the shootouts. Hopefully we get some footage of the camp and get to see all our prospects.

On a side note, i think having a camp before the draft lets the scouting team orginize certain priorities for the draft. Could be a reason as to why they hold a camp before and after. :dunno:

habsprospects 05-30-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFpineapple (Post 33314998)

MAGodin

Just like last year, a second #Habs development camp will be held in July... to which kids drafted this coming June will be invited.

White Spy 05-30-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFpineapple (Post 33314998)

You're right! Probably best to keep them separate as they have it today. From MAG:

Just like last year, a second #Habs development camp will be held in July... to which kids drafted this coming June will be invited.

pine* 05-30-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsprospects (Post 33315199)
MAGodin

I love being right.

Analyzer 05-30-2011 01:15 PM

Perfect that there's another development camp.

ScottFC 05-30-2011 01:22 PM

They probably hold this camp early to help them out with training regimes and give them pointers on what to work on

neofury* 05-30-2011 01:29 PM

I really hope Avtsyn doesn't go back to Russia. If he doesn't I'd assume it's because good communication. He was benched during most of the post season and some of the season. I guess they didn't feel he was ready yet for top 6 minutes/role and of course 4th line minutes would have been almost as bad as just not playing. (Some may even argue worse)

Hopefully this guy gets a good chance to show what he's capable of.

Protest the Hero 05-30-2011 01:32 PM

First chance to see Berger, hopefully he's not slow. It'll be nice to see how those guys match up to Palushaj, although it'll only be drills.

katatoniak 05-30-2011 02:14 PM

Nice to see Atvsyn there.. was worried to see him fly back to Russia after the bulldogs playoffs

Guilliam 05-30-2011 05:12 PM

According to cyberpresse, there are 8 players that are "invited".

Any word on which FA's will be there? Any wishlist?

Protest the Hero 05-30-2011 05:30 PM

Would Paul Zanette count as one of those guys, he was only signed to a try-out contract I believe with the Dogs.

Goldthorpe 05-30-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guilliam (Post 33318965)
According to cyberpresse, there are 8 players that are "invited".

Any word on which FA's will be there? Any wishlist?

Read again the OP...

Guilliam 05-30-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 33319753)
Read again the OP...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_section_POS1

All the players named in the OP belong to the habs, the article mentions there will be around 30 players, 8 of which will be "guests" or "invités"

NLHabsFan 05-30-2011 06:39 PM

So right now it's listing 8 players. I wonder how many total are going to be there, and when they will list them? Berger seems interesting, hopefully the Habs give him a good program for the summer and he takes it seriously and follows it to a tee. Get our hands on a late bloomer would be nice :thumbu:

EDIT: Thanks Guilliam

Goldthorpe 05-30-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guilliam (Post 33320037)
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_section_POS1

All the players named in the OP belong to the habs, the article mentions there will be around 30 players, 8 of which will be "guests" or "invités"

Ooooh sorry, completely misunderstood your question.

Richiebottles 05-30-2011 07:11 PM

So from the article i gather that there will not be a game ? Just drills ?

Guilliam 05-30-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 33320315)
Ooooh sorry, completely misunderstood your question.

No problem, I could have been more clear.

White Spy 06-03-2011 07:26 AM

So is anyone going, who can provide us with some player performance info?! :naughty:

Canadian_Brewtality 06-03-2011 08:10 AM

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=564594

the list

BTW how will Leblanc be participating after his shoulder surgery?

edit: it says he's injured, so will probably do off-ice stuff